TMPS Help! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-04-2015, 01:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
TMPS Help!

OK just installed new wheels and they are GREAT but I can't get the TMPS to relearn. They cam mounted balanced with new Ford temps and the re-learning tool. I have the 2015 Premium with the push button start so I push the button once without foot on brake and flip flasher with several times and it goes into relearn mode but temps won't respond. I tried several times with tool even tried letting air out slowly and then I get a fault message. Tried letting all air out for 10-15 minutes and re-air try agin still will not work. Use my old wheels and it works immediately. What else can I do?
Smoked50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2015, 01:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Day later and they just started working.. Guess they have a mind of their own...
Old 07-30-2015, 02:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I'm having the same issue fitted some gt500 wheels and tires on my 14 and couldn't re learn the tpms sensors and as soon as I swapped my original wheels back it relearned immediately . Did you find out anything else about re learning the TPMS ? Idk if the original gt500 wheel tpms match up with my 14
Sterling_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2015, 02:38 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I purchased a complete setup with the Ford OEM TMPS mounted and the learning tool. I made numerous attempts to re-learn but it never would pick up it and move to next tire. So I finally let all the nitrogen out of th etwo fron tires for about 1/2 hr then refilled with air because some say they may have gone to sleep and this will correct. It did not still would not recognize my learning tool. Crazy thing got in the car the next day did nothing and it was all working.. Go figure?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires