Mustang Evolution Forum banner

What wheels for the Steeda?

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 · (Edited)
Long story short, the Konig Villians that it came with originally are "tore up from the floor up". I really don't want to go with replica wheels for this car but don't want to spend TOO much money on a nice set of rims either. Any suggestions? Ideally I would love to find a set of OEM 00R rims which are 18x9.5" but they seem to be getting impossible to find...

edit: Take that back...

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/pts/5164906014.html

Of course I was not going to buy NOW and I find them. I guarantee this fall when I actually want to get them they will be gone.

#3 ·
That honestly might be a better option. New and the car is a real Steeda car... I don't see any option for satin like it says in the description but I might just be blind... I am running on coffee and... well coffee today.

What is the weight on those things btw?

Also I never did get contacted by that project manager about the car but he's probably busy. Its been kind of at a standstill for the last month anyway due to a bunch of other stuff going on in life. Plan on taking advantage of really nice fall weather to do the motor and get it running right over the winter and have it ready for Memorial Day.

#4 ·
We currently only have the Chrome available & we have a couple sets in stock.

They are about 34 pounds per wheel so the weight is average.

Can't go wrong with Steeda wheels on a Steeda car!

TJ

#5 ·
Yeah I'm not going to order just this minute, if I do they'll be a big stack of boxes in the corner just waiting to get knocked over or something to happen to them or get in the way... Only reason I was kicking around the 00R rims now is because they are so hard to find. My garage is tight enough on space as it is for doing a motor pull unfortunately...

Are these wheels something that is stocked regularly and will be available in the next few months?

#6 ·
Well after talking to TJ I am going to go this route and probably sooner rather than later. The dude with the 00R rims was insistent that the tires are still good even though they are from 2003... he said "I take them out every few months and polish the chrome and put tire dressing on the tires".

Yeah ok... even if true, 12 year old tires NEED to be replaced. I offered him $600 before TJ even responded to this thread and he has yet to respond back. Oy... $600 is what a set of these rims are worth when I'd have to do a 4 hour round trip @14mpg in my truck to get them and one of them is nicked.

#9 ·
Hey TJ do those rims include the Steeda center caps as shown?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#10 ·
Ok, this guy with the Cobra R tires eventually did get back to me. Says that the tires have 0 dry rot or cracking or anything and provided pics of the OEM Ford stamping on the R rims and said he is negotiable on the price. Little conflicted which way to go right now... probably still going to go with the Ultra Lites tho.

#11 ·
Yes, the Ultra Lites come with the center caps.

Also, our wheels are strong than most of the other aftermarket wheels out there.

We use some of the finest materials in our wheels (A356.2 grade Aluminum), and then low pressure cast them for increased strength and reduced weight.

Many others gravity cast their wheels – a far cheaper process that adds weight and result in a weaker wheel.

After being cast, our wheels are heat-treating to 82.5 Rockwell E and then precision CNC machined with CAD/CAM software before receiving a specialized coating under a German Wagner paint line.

You can read more here:

https://www.steeda.com/blog/2008/08/getting-to-know-steeda-wheels/

Best Regards,

TJ

#13 ·
Rims you mean? I am not about to buy cheap rims for this car which is why I was looking at the OEM Cobra R rims. But I know Steeda branded stuff is generally real high quality.

Just have to figure out funds right now. About to pull the Snow kit off the 2000 and whatever chip is on the ECU and if I can get the motor out in a few weeks I will also have heads/cams and a (hopefully) good block to sell. Trying to get this car to fund itself for a good chunk of the rest of the stuff because all I need now really is intake/tires/rims/tune.

#14 ·
Also one other question, what is up with everything being marked down on the site? At least for the 99-04 cars it seems... Is that just an online special pricing or is Steeda cleaning out stock? I'm asking because there are some things I was planning on buying next year but it would suck if they were not available. Like the hoods which are marked down to $400...

Oh, also when I look at shipping for giggles on those hoods it says "free over $99" but still tacks a $150 charge to the order so I dunno there. I DO know a hood at those online prices and free shipping would be pretty BA even with me being an hour from Cervinis.

#15 ·
If you were to order the hood ... it would be shipped via freight & a sales person would call you directly to understand the costs ... here is our policy via the website:

Free Shipping
Steeda offers free standard ground shipping on most orders over $99. Orders under $99 will be charged a $7.95 flat handling fee. Free shipping offer applies to the lower 48 U.S. states only. Alaska and Hawaii are subject to additional shipping fees. Oversized items that ship via truck freight may not be eligible for free shipping. If an order is placed for a truck freight item and there are additional shipping cost, a sales representative will contact you after your order with a shipping quote.
Shipping
If you are a first time Steeda customer, your order will be shipped to the billing address of your payment method.
Standard shipping is FedEx ground to the continuous states, and FedEx 2nd day to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico unless otherwise requested. Shipping usually takes 3-7 working days depending on location. Orders will be shipped "signature required" unless other arrangements are made when the order is placed. Options include UPS Red (next day air), UPS Blue (2nd day air), U.S. mail, FedEx and Freight truck. Steeda gladly accepts international orders and ships parts world-wide. All customs fees and import duties are the responsibility of the purchaser. Some items must ship by truck due to size and weight. Shipping charges will be assessed when the order is place.
Steeda's shipping department operates Monday through Friday. Because of this orders can not be shipped out on Saturdays or Sundays.
Free shipping offers do not apply to the state of Hawaii, Alaska or Puerto Rico. Free shipping offers typically ship via FedEx Ground, unless otherwise noted.
Free shipping offers apply to non-truck freight items. If your items ships via truck freight, and there is an addiational charge for shipping, you will be notified on the Cart page of checkout. You will then be notified by a Steeda Associate after you checkout to arrange shipping options.
Send me a list of what you are looking at to tim@steeda.com & I will inquire about their availability ... would love to see the Steeda car come back to life with authentic Steeda parts!

Best Regards,

TJ

#16 ·
Ah gotcha, truck freight is extra even tho when you checkout it says "Free over $99". Kinda confusing but understandable that truck freight would not be free.

Well as far as Steeda parts, the car came pretty kitted out already. Only thing I really NEED right now is new wheels even though the old rims would hold air on new tires just fine. They just look like butt from the PO tearing them up.

I mean it has all the Steeda billet stuff inside, its got the Tri-Ax, its got the control arms, its got the steeda CC plates (older style ones) the springs/shocks etc... I mean you sent me the build sheet it came with $17k worth of options plus the cost of the car lol.

Steeda parts plans to complete the car in the future:

-Rims (only thing I need asap)
-Steeda wing with Billet winglets/logo
-Steeda 5 link
-Steeda side exhaust (or dump the Steeda installed Bassanni)
-Potentially the Steeda louvered hood but I am only an hour from Cervinis and I like the Stalker 2 hood a LOT.

I mean outside that I can't think of anything besides a few cosmetics like the side graphics and Steeda floor mats and a few other little things like that. I am open to suggestions tho.

This is, of course, after I get the stupid thing up and running haha.

#17 · (Edited)
Oshi!

Parting out everything from a 2000 mustang steeda

edit: crap they already sold lol. Small world tho, the guy parting this one knew exactly what car I had and actually said he looked at it too and almost bought it.

Also the guy with the OEM R rims got back to me with a $700 take it or leave it. Currently debating the OEM Ford 00R rims or the Ultra Lites... I'd save a lot of money with the R rims and the tires could potentially still be good for a few thousand miles of summer break in but I really like the Ultra Lites...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.