Mustang Evolution Forum banner

New American Muscle Rims didn't fit

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  dblhelx 
#1 ·
Totally my fault. Tried to stuff AM 2015 Performance Package style 20x10 rims in the front of my 2015 GT. Rim was WAY WAY too close to the strut. Absolutely no way it would be good with a tire mounted!!

So do I buy bolt on spacers for the front???....maybe 1/4 inch. Or do I go through the hassle and, I'm sure, expense of shipping back to AM? That is if they'll even take the two fronts back and exchange for the 8.5".

By the way, the rims are gorgeous, AM got them to me super quick and in perfect condition. Well packaged and protected. Yet ANOTHER great product from American Muscle and great execution.

#10 ·
Thanks. I won't. I did a ton of reading and learned.

I'm just hoping Alex can convince the powers that be at AM to ship my rims BEFORE they have to receive the rims I am exchanging!! I'm not wired for yet another prolonged wait.....lol. :banghead:

#11 · (Edited)
Rousch makes and sells a small ring that is sold thru AM that is used for that exact purpose to clear 20" rims on the front of 2014 and earlier models that "might" possibly be a solution for your 2015.

20's all the way around would look very cool if they don't stick out from under the front fender.

#18 ·
The nice thing about this forum and the reps is even if something does get "lost in the weeds" in an email customer service situation with AM, a rep here will fix it asap. I'd been waiting on a refund for awhile and finally PM'd Alex and the very next day the money was back in my account.

#19 ·
Thanks for the kind words Scott - I'll be the first to admit as I used to be on the Email team that while there's occasionally excessive volume sometimes things can get lost in the mix. Above all I'm a pm, a post, or were a phone call away to get anyone some help.

Alex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.