Stock 18x8 TIre Options for the back? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-01-2016, 12:11 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Stock 18x8 TIre Options for the back?

My stock p zero at 27k miles is showing wear and i need to get new tires for my 14 v6 pony package. Stuck between picking G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S or the stock p zero's again. Also can i fit wider tires on the back? (my stock one is 235/50/18). Also what tires do you guys recommenced for all season (Houston weather). any help is appreciated.
mustangmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2016, 09:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangmanuel View Post
My stock p zero at 27k miles is showing wear and i need to get new tires for my 14 v6 pony package. Stuck between picking G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S or the stock p zero's again. Also can i fit wider tires on the back? (my stock one is 235/50/18). Also what tires do you guys recommenced for all season (Houston weather). any help is appreciated.
I think the Continental EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06
Ultra High Performance All-Season
are rated a bit better than the G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S and a lot of people on this forum have mentioned them. They both have good ratings. I personally wouldn't do the p zero A/S again.

As far as widest tires. Assuming you now have 8" wide rims limits you to 255/45-18 for a maximum width. I believe that the limit on an 8" rim as it is listed in the tire rack charts as doable.
Theoretically a 255 tire would be about 3/4" wider than your 235 but the actual difference would vary based on the actual rim width it was mounted on, as well as the manufacturer of the tire. Being on a 8" wide rim would make it less, I believe.
So chances are, any substantial increase in width would require wider rims.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 01:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
I think the Continental EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06
Ultra High Performance All-Season
are rated a bit better than the G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S and a lot of people on this forum have mentioned them. They both have good ratings. I personally wouldn't do the p zero A/S again.

As far as widest tires. Assuming you now have 8" wide rims limits you to 255/45-18 for a maximum width. I believe that the limit on an 8" rim as it is listed in the tire rack charts as doable.
Theoretically a 255 tire would be about 3/4" wider than your 235 but the actual difference would vary based on the actual rim width it was mounted on, as well as the manufacturer of the tire. Being on a 8" wide rim would make it less, I believe.
So chances are, any substantial increase in width would require wider rims.
Thanks for the help! Any thought about the Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2 K120?
mustangmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2016, 06:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangmanuel View Post
Thanks for the help! Any thought about the Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2 K120?
Well I only know what I see for ratings at TireRack.com and these tires are summer only tires and with relatively poor ratings. I prefer the all season you were looking at originally. Or if the cost isn't too much more, the Continental EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 Ultra High Performance All-Season, appear to have the best performance and tread wear ratings.
Summer only typically means you shouldn't be using them in temperatures around 40 degrees and below.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires