New Wheels & Tires - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-15-2016, 02:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
New Wheels & Tires

Picked up some 18X8 AMR's in Dark Stainless while on sale. Went with Contentinal 235/55-18 as they had 2 rebates locally + looked pretty good to me. I know they are tall, but I don't race/track and didn't want to open up wheel well any more nor have to mess with speedometer calibration.
One thing, they did emphasize the fact that my car sat about 5/8" to the right of center on the axle. Spent most of tire rebate on adjustable panhard bar. Easy to install and corrected the off center issue quickly.
I like them.
Shadetree43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2016, 04:07 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

👍

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
kona010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 05:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Is that common for the car to sit off center? Did you ask them to check or did they just tell you?
WoodDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2016, 08:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodDA View Post
Is that common for the car to sit off center? Did you ask them to check or did they just tell you?
From what I read, quite common. After reading about it I measured myself. Just take a piece of string 14-18" long, tie a socket or other small weight on one end. Take a piece of painters tape & tape string on fender well letting string hang right at center of wheel hub. Measure distance from string to outer edge (upper) of wheel. Do same to other side, or use two strings. It will likely be off 1/2" or more one way or the other from the factory. Not really noticeable with OEM wheels/tires & certainly doesn't hurt anything, but wider/larger wheels tires make it easier to notice.
Shadetree43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 09:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodDA View Post
I can tell you that it's not uncommon. My '14 is about 1/2" to the left. (Not lowered.)
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Its pretty common, mine was off by about 3/8". I picked up a steeda adjustable phb and fixed it, but I mostly did it because I wanted to get rid of some of the soft rubber bushings back there.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires