Help with a potential buy! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-28-2016, 08:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Help with a potential buy!

I have the opportunity to buy a set of 4 nearly new deep dish wheels from a local seller. He bought them from AM. He says they are all 10.5 inch wheels. And he has 1 inch spacers for the rears that will be included with price. Although I don't think I like the idea of spacers. My question is will having 10.5 inch wheels in the front cause any issues for me?

I have a 2004 GT and he said he had them on his 2001 GT
salsa04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2016, 08:19 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I've heard people having issues with rubbing on 10's. I personally wouldn't stick a 10.5 up front for a couple reasons. No way in hell I'd run spacers on a 10+" wheel on a new edge. See if he will let you throw them on to test the fitment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 06-29-2016, 11:24 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Help with a potential buy!

Ok so after talking to the guy. He has NEVER owned a mustang. Bought them from a guy for a good price to resell and just wants rid of them after a few years. And after doing some research I'm guessing he didn't measure them correctly and he has 9inch in the front and 10.5 for rear. Because they never made a 11.5 for rear. I'd have to see them I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2016, 12:15 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsa04GT View Post
Ok so after talking to the guy. He has NEVER owned a mustang. Bought them from a guy for a good price to resell and just wants rid of them after a few years. And after doing some research I'm guessing he didn't measure them correctly and he has 9inch in the front and 10.5 for rear. Because they never made a 11.5 for rear. I'd have to see them I guess.
The size should be engraved on the back of the rim.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 02:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
10.5's square will not work on the new edge cars. Offer him a fair price for 2 of them for the rear of your car. Then he can sell the other two as a set.

You will not need wheel spacers for 10.5" wheels. Depending on the brand of tire you choose they will either sit flush or slightly poke.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 04:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
10.5's square will not work on the new edge cars. Offer him a fair price for 2 of them for the rear of your car. Then he can sell the other two as a set.

You will not need wheel spacers for 10.5" wheels. Depending on the brand of tire you choose they will either sit flush or slightly poke.

That's what I thought.. When he said wheel spacers It threw me off. Maybe I'll ask to send pics of the sizes engraved on them. If that's the case only 2 it is..
Old 06-29-2016, 04:25 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Just for your reference I have 17x10.5" bullitts with 315/35 Sumitomo HTR's on my 03 v6 car and they are almost flush. The Sumi's are notorious for running narrow.

My Mach 1 is running 18x10.5" Rovos Durbans with 295/35 Nitto NT05's and they tuck about 5/16" of an inch. Perfect imo. Typically Nittos run narrow but I think the NT05's are about average. Definitely not BFG or Goodyear wide.

Neither have or need spacers.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 10:36 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
yea verify what the width is before he spins it into a set of wheels you cant use. Good luck
Zacks21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires