Lug Nut Suggestions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-09-2016, 11:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Lug Nut Suggestions

I recently purchased a set of Downforce Wheels and was curious if they need aftermarket lug nuts? And even if not needed, would a non factory set look better or be more functional like say a locking set?

I got the Downforce 20 x 8.5 graphite set and I have a 2014 Mustang V6

According to LMR.com, only the S550 needs a different set of lug nuts so I assume that another set would be only for cosmetic or locking feature but I wanted to ask so that I don't have a set of wheels I just get to look at lol

Thanx
wmschoonover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2016, 05:29 AM   #2
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I prefer Gorilla over McGuard as to my eye they seem less likely to cam where the key engages. My .02 is to get a set that all 20 lugs are locks (Amazon) not that they eliminate theft but it will stop lazy thieves. Another advantage of having all lugs lock is you can wrap the key in tape to prevent scratches.

hint: write phone number on key if you ever leave it at a shop it'll help getting it back
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2016, 04:02 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
I prefer Gorilla over McGuard as to my eye they seem less likely to cam where the key engages. My .02 is to get a set that all 20 lugs are locks (Amazon) not that they eliminate theft but it will stop lazy thieves. Another advantage of having all lugs lock is you can wrap the key in tape to prevent scratches.

hint: write phone number on key if you ever leave it at a shop it'll help getting it back

Same here gorilla lugs 😘
parkerz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires