New tires recommendation - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-17-2016, 08:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
New tires recommendation

It is finally time to get new tires for my 2011 gt500 with svt performance pack. The last part makes tires a little tricky. I need all season tires because this is my daily driver, but in the south so I am not worried about snow. The stock tires are 265/40/19 and 285/35/20. With over 550 hp I need something that is sticky but I would like something with decent treadware if that's possible. Any help or opinions are GREATLY appreciated. I am not a fan of the stock f1 supercar g2s.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T677A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Solomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2016, 09:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomo2 View Post
It is finally time to get new tires for my 2011 gt500 with svt performance pack. The last part makes tires a little tricky. I need all season tires because this is my daily driver, but in the south so I am not worried about snow. The stock tires are 265/40/19 and 285/35/20. With over 550 hp I need something that is sticky but I would like something with decent treadware if that's possible. Any help or opinions are GREATLY appreciated. I am not a fan of the stock f1 supercar g2s.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T677A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
No personal experience with these but the sound pretty good for all season tires.

Michelin
PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ (W- OR Y-SPEED RATED) (comes in your sizes)

BFGoodrich
G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2016, 07:46 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
A car with that much power really deserves separate summer and winter tires. I HIGHLY suggest picking up a set of cheap wheels to throw some winter tires on. If you can afford a GT500 you should be able to afford winter wheels/tires.

But...
The michelin A/S3, continental DWS, or BFG comp-2s are the best all seasons out there. Just keep in mind, all-seasons are really "no-seasons" and aren't that great at anything. I'd stick to stock sizes regardless.
noldevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:08 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Agree with the separate wheels and tires for winter. But if he doesn't track it
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:38 AM   #5
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
BFGoodrich
G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S
I've had the summer tire version of ^those. Good tires IMO. They run just a little bigger than most, so they may look a little plump compared to maybe a Nitto of the same size. I would have bought these for myself if I was looking for all season tires based on how well they drove in the rain as summer tires.
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:14 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I am looking at the Michelin pilot sport as 3+, does anyone have any experience with these? As far as winter tires, where I live never gets snow and rarely sees ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Solomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires