Mustang Evolution Forum banner

275/40R18 NT05

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Diehard 
#1 ·
Wanting to know if anyone is putting this size tire on a stock rim? They have a little smaller sizes if I really need to move down. Anyone have any pictures at all? I have a 2014 GT with BMR drag springs that lowers it.

#2 ·
I have them but not on stock wheels. I have them on 10" rims. There are a couple stock width. not sure how they be on regular but the Brembo wheels I think would be fine. They grip pretty good but i only have for track and only been once since put on. I am lowered on Eibach Sportline (very low) and all good there.

No pics on car though man sorry.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

I have them but not on stock wheels. I have them on 10" rims. There are a couple stock width. not sure how they be on regular but the Brembo wheels I think would be fine. They grip pretty good but i only have for track and only been once since put on. I am lowered on Eibach Sportline (very low) and all good there.

No pics on car though man sorry.

#3 ·
The approved rim width for this tire size is typically 9.0" to 11.0".
I'm guessing you may have 8" wide rims.???

#8 · (Edited)
View attachment 205993

The tires profile(sidewall height) does have a bearing on the allowable rim widths.
For example, many tires will allow a slightly narrower rim when the sidewall is taller. Here's one example where a 275/40R18 recommends 9"-11" rims where the 275/35R18 recommends 8"-11".
Bottom line is try to stick with the tire manufacturers recommended range.

EDIT: I should point out that a 275/35R18 would change your tire diameter by over 3%, which is not typically recommended unless you correct your speedometer accordingly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.