Mustang Evolution Forum banner

The Right Size Tire for My New Rims

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  SpectorV 
#1 ·
I just bought some 17X9 Chrome Bullet Rims. I want to get 275X40ZR17's for the back. But I am not sure what size to get for the front or could I get away with putting the same size tire all the way around. I have read a few threads on this issue and I am still confused. I can really use the help. These rims do look nice just sitting in my garage. But you and I both know they will look a 100 times nicer on my car. Thanks for all the help in advance. These are thr new rims I bought
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43957&item=2451262852

#2 ·
Since your rims are 9" you will be fine with 275/40zr17s all the way around, I have those on the rear of my GT on 8" wide bullitts and they are a bit much for them, but on 9" that is the optimal size.

#4 ·
Well, Corey, that is the stock size tire on the 03 Cobras with 9" rims, you can run smaller on 9" rims, but I wouldn't personally, makes it more likely to get bad curb rash if you brush a curb with a wheel too. Our buddy with the Green V6 has 275/40s all the way round.

#6 ·
Oh yeah! Ashentep on 3.8 was running 315/35/17s on 10.5 " 03 Cobras on his 01 Cobra when I saw it at that Racetrack in VA, they were drag radials., 275s on the front I think, or whatever came on it.

#7 ·
i have 275s all around and have had for going on 5 years no issues with rubbing but just a tiny bit and im lowered.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.