Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Nitto NT555

4K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  OX1 
#1 ·
Anyone run these tires? Trying to get a feel on how they perform. I've read a bunch of reviews and a lot of people complain about wet weather traction. I'm not sure if those complaints are because they drive their cars like they stole them wet or dry, or are there really wet driving condition issues with these tires. I can get a set for a really good price this week. Thanks.

#2 ·
I had them for awhile on my 12 coyote
Lasted about 30k which was nice. Wet weather was not the greatest with them..I live in socal where weather doesn't ever really get THAT bad but I did hydroplane with them on the highway and leaving the light I'd have to be easy
I wouldn't say they are bad in wet weather but it's not they're strong point either being that they are a performance summer tire
Overall I was very happy with my experience with them
Got some bfgoodrich sport comp 2s to replace them though and these are awesome!

#4 ·
Not to bring it too off topic but the Sport Comp-2 really impressed me. I run 275's on all 4 corners and the wet grip is really surprising. Theyre wearing very well too.

#5 ·
Gaaa. You guys are killing me. The sport comp 2's are like $8 more per tire. I will express my concerns to discount tire tomorrow when these tires come in. I've been buying tires from them for all 6 of my vehicles for about 10 years now. I'm sure they will work with me.

#10 ·
Well, after a couple weeks of driving on them, I can report that these tires are simply amazing. I went with as 255/45-17 to get a slightly "beefier" look. They look great and perform awesome. Smooth and quiet. $685 out the door with a $75 and $60 mail in rebate. Also opted for the road hazard protection. Only concern I have is they only have a 320 UTQG rating being a softer compound summer performance tire. Hopefully I can get a few years out of them.

#12 ·
I ran NITTO 555 G2's on my '07 Chrysler 300 SRT8 and they were great (275/40ZR20). I now run them on my '16 Dodge Charger SRT and love them (275 front, 315 rear). They're a great tire for the money.

#15 ·
I've had them on the front in 255's. Don't think much of them and won't buy them again. Nothing really wrong with them, but no wow factor either. Not in the PSS league by any means, IMO.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.