Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s

8K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  2FST4GM 
#1 ·
Today I replaced my 8 year old OE tires (Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar) with Firestone Firehawk Indy 500. The tires are all 255/40 R19. I had the new tires installed onto the OE rims & then had them road force balanced. I also had a 4 wheel alignment done.

I'm happy with them so far but time will tell.. I plan to update this thread every 5000km in case anyone is interested in their performance as the mileage increases.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I have 255/40/18's on the front of my GT, 5,000 miles and they went thru winter here fine.

#5 ·
Firestone Firehawk tires

I mounted two Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's (285/35/19) on the rear of my 2012 Mustang. They now have 40,000 miles on them and there is probably another 10,000 miles left on them. I have been very happy with them. Live in Arizona so no snow, however.

#6 ·
My Indy 500 Firestone’s(7500 miles)have been great! Nice ride, good looks, so far no wear...Replaced stock Pirellis at 15,000 miles...I will by them again if they’re still around when I need new tires...(on Stock 19” Performance Package wheels 2015)

#7 ·
These are the tire of choice in the Challenger/Charger/Hellcat world. They've been getting great reviews over there. I tried to get them last month in 275/40ZR20 for my Charger SRT and was told they were on back order indefinitely. So I went with NITTO 555 G2 instead which cost a bit more.

#8 ·
That is interesting, I am a member of Mass Mopars, Northeast Mighty Mopars and South Shore Mopars and have never seen a late model Challenger or Charger with them.

I plan to get them when the P zeros on my Mustang need replacing. My son says they are in the warehouse of the Tire and Service Center he manages.

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.