Mustang Evolution Forum banner

nitrous 0-60 and 1/4 mile results

Tags
nitrous
10K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  stangaroo 
#1 ·
I have been researching nitrous a lot and have found that the 4.0 can handle a 100 shot without a tune. I'm looking into a zex wet kit (seems to be the "safest" and easiest to install) but I would like to know what a 75 shot (to the wheels, not to the crank) will do to the times. There are a few people out there with this setup but no one seems to have a 0-60 time or even a 1/4 ile time with just a 74 shot and no other mods. Does anyone know this information?

If you know about other shots (like 50 or even 125 etc) let me know if you are aware of the 0-60 and 1/4 for those as well, thanks!

#2 ·
I think you need to do your research some more. Any mod needs a tune, and 4.0s respond to tuned mods very well! Especially when we talk about nitrous a tune is a must!

#3 ·
Well a 75 shot to the wheels is going to be like 100 to the crank. I agree with Serbstang though that you will still want a tune. It will be safer and you will gain extra HP in the process. I would be cautious with the Zex kit as I believe Zex kits rate their HP at the wheels, so a 100 shot of Zex is more like 125 or 130 of NOS, Nitrous Works, Express, etc. I'm not really sure what it would do, however there is the old rule of thumb that and extra 10HP to the wheels can account for about a tenth of a second especially when the car is stock or close to stock. I would imagine you would gain about 1/2 second off your old E/T, but then again this is a speculation.

#4 ·
I forgot about this thread, lol Thanks for the info, I'm aware that the tune is necessary I was just pointing out that since it can handle 75 without the tune, it should be a "safe" (relatively) amount to deal with. I might do this if I can find a kit with a window switch and all the safety essentials, and I'm looking for 75 t the crank, so 50 at the wheels.

So, does anyone know what that will do to the numbers through 60 and the 1/4 mile?

#5 ·
#6 ·
Yeah I saw that article before, doesn't really say anything about how much time different amounts of nitrous shaves off of the 0-60 and the 1/4 mile... just looking for a bench mark.

I did see a 4.0 with bolt ons and 175 shot (probably to the wheels) hit a 12.9 1/4 mile, that's GT500 territory with only about 380whp, it's amazing what the 4.0 can do since it's about 650 lbs lighter than the GT500.

Now I don't need that psychotic of a shot, I just don't want to lose to a GTI

Subarus and lancers I'm ok with... just not the damn GTI

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.