ok brothers i need ur help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-16-2009, 03:27 AM   #1

Question ok brothers i need ur help

i currently have an 07 V6 moosetang with an self made intake(custom) and self made cat-back(custom) im tryin to make my car as drivable as possibly but also im into chemistry and ive been messing around with mpg to hp ratio but one thing ive noticed and that everyone else thats driven my car has noticed is the peg leg hop... i mean ur turning a right corner and u cant touch the throttle or else the back right tire starts tearing itself apart

so basically what i need from u guys "my brothers" is a fairly new if not fairly used 7.5" 28 spline limited slip diff preferrably with a soft lock kinda reaction to it... im not a 1/4 mile guy im more of the break ur neck sideways kinda guy so if u can help me in anyway (u have one, know someone with one,know of a site that has them for a fairly decent price)then just hit me up

p.s. id rather not hear about a brand spankin new one for $180-$220... k thnks

ONLY POST IF U HAVE OR KNOW PEOPLE WITH ONE!!!
mean71cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: ok brothers i need ur help

Try to snag a GT rear end, it's an 8.8 and has the LSD already in it, and you can swap it in your driveway with fairly basic tools.
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:01 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Just buy a new one...not what you want to hear but you know it won't whine and break.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2009, 05:25 PM   #4

did u guys read what i actually wrote?

i just said im looking for used NOT new. thee last thing im looking for is a rear-end swap.

IF U KNOW ANYOOONE WITH A UUUSED 7.5" LIMITED SLIP DIFF HIT ME UP

NOT if u think i should change to an 8.8 or u think i should buy new

ONLY POST IF U HAVE OR KNOW SOMEONE WITH ONE!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 05:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq

Quote:
Originally Posted by mean71cuda View Post

i just said im looking for used NOT new. thee last thing im looking for is a rear-end swap.

Did you read what they wrote??? Clearly they understand you don't want new but if YOU read it correctly you would understand their response brother.
Maybe it's the forum lingo but to snag a gt rear, I took that in as finding one in a junk yard or somewhere used.
Lowflyn understood you don't want new, but do you really want to do it twice? Do it right the first time.

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:13 PM   #6

i know its just that ive been having thee worse time with finding a rear end...

and if im correct only an s197 rear end will fit my v6 right... if its a gt i need that cobra pinion flange ive heard about right? so it will mount to my(what im guessing) driveshaft...

???

i saw a differential replacement(with pics) on another forum and thats where i learned what to do in order to replace it... but replacing a rear end that would mean i would have to change the flange and id have to set the pinion angle or somethin... right/wrong?

Old 03-16-2009, 08:12 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

Did you read what those of us who actually graduated high school wrote? Maybe grammar hurts your head.

yo dood, putin a uuused limited slip diff is da bomb.

LIKE RALLY, IT GUNA BLOW UP!!!!111!!!

Back on topic however.

The rear end is a very essential piece to be setup correctly. If you skimp out and buy used parts for a rear end you are taking on an increased risk for noise and premature failure of the components. Once a set of gears with or without a locker run in a certain housing they make a wear pattern or "groove" if you may. If these gears are then swapped to another housing they will most certainly make noise and drive you crazy. I know, I have a car that does this.

If you are just looking to save a few bucks I would highly recommend doing that on another component of the car. If the rear end is not set up correctly you are just asking for trouble down the road. Not only would I recommend buying new parts only for a rear end but I would also highly recommend carrying it to a reputable shop who will give you a written warranty against premature failure and noise. The only way I would not use a shop is if you know how to set the lash and play yourself.

The reason people are talking about swapping a GT rear end into your car is the fact that it comes with a locker already installed plus it's a stronger piece. These are also literally bolt in. The only thing you may have to do is change the flange on the end of your driveshaft but I'm not sure this will even have to be done. Even if this has to be done you just unbolt the U-bolt on the differential end of the driveshaft, take care not to lose needle bearings all over the garage, and put the proper flange on.
Our's:
Old 03-16-2009, 10:44 PM   #8

u dont gotta be a di*k man...

im just broke as fu*k but im tired of shredding everytime i turn a corner and when i practice all i feel is the right wheel grab me and throw me left...

i dont have $200 for a new diff and i definately dont have $$$ for a new rear-end...

does anyone know anyone with a used 7.5"diff for sale?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Old 03-16-2009, 11:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

Maybe I am just not understanding the problem here, but if you are "broke as fu*k" as you so eloquently put it, why are you driving essentially a brand new $20k vehicle in your 07 "moosetang"? (whatever a moosetang is)

And if you are in fact "broke as fu*k", why don't you just leave the car alone? You obviously have a reliable, new car that gets you from point A to point B with little to no problems, so why go about replacing stuff that is a waste of money at this point? Besides, with the mods you currently have (i.e. homemade intake and catback exhaust), you aren't making anywhere near enough power to be doing any kind of "break ur neck sideways kinda" stuff to warrant having any traction issues. You may not like the fact that the car is a peg-leg, and that's fine, but if you're going to do something, DO IT RIGHT. If you are so broke right now, put your money toward more important things, and save up for a new, better 8.8" locking rearend later. As others have said, you will be FAR BETTER OFF!!!
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:41 PM   #10

y2-u dont need 986754321hp to go fast i hope u know that, especially sideways... shiiit theres cars out there that can do so with 130hp...

i made this thread to hear from people that have/know someone with a 7.5" lsd for sale... not from people that have opinions for daysssss...

Old 03-16-2009, 11:58 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Brent, don't we have rules about proper grammar and typing with whole words and complete sentences?

and meancuda, I know more about going "fast" and doing so sideways than you ever will. Get your head out of your a$$ and listen to the advice of people that have been there and done that. and by the way, those 130 hp cars you speak of do NOT weight 3500-4000lbs. Can an admin ban this guy for being a moron, please?
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
Old 03-17-2009, 12:38 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

For what its worth, you go limited slip.. You will no longer be shredding one tire.. you will have the rear end sliding out.. Hell if I hit the gas in a turn in my GS = WITH = limited slip and FWD, it'll go where I don't want it to..

I know its not what you want to hear.. but hold out another month or three and go with a better rear setup.. You will NOT regret saving up your $ and getting the better part than building up what you'll be just as disguested with in the future..

On both sides.. this thread will be locked if you guys don't cool it.. debates are fine, namecalling is not..
Old 03-17-2009, 12:39 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT View Post
And meancuda,
Fixed.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:26 AM   #14

sorry monte, its just i really hate when ignorant people post on threads(not saying any names)

its odd to see that people will actually come on to other people threads just to argue or add there opinion... its actually childish to be honest...

i simply asked "IF ANYONE HAS OR KNOWS SOMEONE WITH A 7.5" LSD FOR SALE HIT ME UP" not>>>"please write your opinions about what u think i should do cause i dont know anything about anything, ouhhh *cries*!!!<<<<<<<<<<hahahaha

i know where i can find every single thing i need but im LOOKING FOR A UUUSED 7.5" LSD!!! get it?got it?goood...
Old 03-17-2009, 01:53 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Send a message via MSN to bloodyspirit058

try calling more junkyards, and if you called them all, try calling more a little further away, or try car-parts.com

seriously though, i would take every ones advice i'm sure there is a lot of people that have been there before...

or sell your 07 and get an older gt... i'm sure mines not the only one that goes sideways if you do/don't want it to.

1994 GT, stock gears, stock shifter, stock engine, stock rims (or knock offs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti2gsxr
There was a case of the stuff stacked at the end of an aisle. Definately not cold or in the cooler. Also it was over $7 for the two bottles.
bloodyspirit058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:16 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
sorry monte, its just i really hate when ignorant people post on threads(not saying any names)

its odd to see that people will actually come on to other people threads just to argue or add there opinion... its actually childish to be honest...

i simply asked "IF ANYONE HAS OR KNOWS SOMEONE WITH A 7.5" LSD FOR SALE HIT ME UP" not>>>"please write your opinions about what u think i should do cause i dont know anything about anything, ouhhh *cries*!!!<<<<<<<<<<hahahaha

i know where i can find every single thing i need but im LOOKING FOR A UUUSED 7.5" LSD!!! get it?got it?goood...
O, I apoligize. Ur mad tyte drifting skillz r 2 much.

If you have a problem with people attempting to help you out then maybe you should just go somewhere else.

Rebuilt 28 spline:
eBay Motors: FORD 7.5 POSI-TRAC 28 SPL MUSTANG & BRONCO 2 REBUILT ! (item 370172668874 end time Mar-18-09 09:42:00 PDT)

One removed from a 1990 Ranger:
eBay Motors: Ford 7.5 Posi Unit (item 350178853622 end time Mar-22-09 20:01:46 PDT)

I have a 7.5" rebuild kit if you need one as well.
Our's:
Old 03-17-2009, 06:28 AM   #17

what a di*k... did u not read what i wrote after ur second post? im guessing not... cause ur too busy to help a fellow v6 owner right?

so anyways if u would've just said "hey i got a 7.5" rebuild kit if u want it after u buy ur used diff" u wouldve been thee coolest person on this thread but nooo u just had to go and get all pissy huh...

I NEED AN LSD!!! BUT IM TOO CHEAP TO UPGRADE!!! IM THE CAR VERSION OF "DESIGN ON A DIME"
Old 03-17-2009, 10:02 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada

Wow, Cuda you're too much. He give's you 2 links that may help and offers a rebuild kit and you call him names. The main reason I love this site is that I'll ask for help and they give it. You asked if anyone had something for sale and they gave you other options that may benefit you and you go nuts. I was gonna go used but was convinced otherwise. Saved for a couple extra weeks and now I'm getting my brand new gears and Ford Racing T-lok installed next week. But far be it for me to try to offer any advice to someone with decade's of car experience and no general english skills. Carry on...
2007 V6 Mustang w/ Pony Package. Performance Mods - 2.25 custom aluminum catback exhaust with a Magnaflow muffler, AirRaid cold air intake, drilled and slotted rotor's front and rear, SCT Programmer, Ford Racing Tlok, Motiv 4:10 gears, LFP underdrive pulley
Greywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:02 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada

And by the way, design on a dime usually means towed home.
2007 V6 Mustang w/ Pony Package. Performance Mods - 2.25 custom aluminum catback exhaust with a Magnaflow muffler, AirRaid cold air intake, drilled and slotted rotor's front and rear, SCT Programmer, Ford Racing Tlok, Motiv 4:10 gears, LFP underdrive pulley
Greywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:11 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Send a message via MSN to bloodyspirit058

maybe your not doing the whole driving thing correctly, maybe its not the car, maybe you should watch toyko drift another 20 times...

or to go with your superior custom mods, maybe you should make your own lsd... i'm sure you can rig something up.

1994 GT, stock gears, stock shifter, stock engine, stock rims (or knock offs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti2gsxr
There was a case of the stuff stacked at the end of an aisle. Definately not cold or in the cooler. Also it was over $7 for the two bottles.
bloodyspirit058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:36 PM   #21

or maybe u need to get off my thread blood...

y r u coming onto my thread? is it cause u want me se><ually? i think so... cause all im readin is "omfg i want u so bad, pay attention to me! pay attention to me!"

p.s. i dont drift, im into rally and auto><... what a dumb dummy... ; )
Old 03-17-2009, 10:12 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Can we lock this thread? This is just silly...
Old 03-18-2009, 12:06 AM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
or maybe u need to get off my thread blood...

y r u coming onto my thread? is it cause u want me se><ually? i think so... cause all im readin is "omfg i want u so bad, pay attention to me! pay attention to me!"

p.s. i dont drift, im into rally and auto><... what a dumb dummy... ; )
I dunno about the whole rally thing... but...

If you are wanting to Autox what class are you shooting to run in? Don't make the mistake I did and just start throwing parts at the car, you'll be in ESP in no time and running with Miata's with suspension and R compounds. Not fun
Our's:
Old 03-18-2009, 12:08 AM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

BTW it's DICK not d*ck. And sorry, you can't have mine.
Our's:
Old 03-18-2009, 03:19 AM   #25

low flyn i dont curse because i aint stupid and i dont wanna get "BANNED"

adurrr durrr

come on guys... i aint here to fight, u guys all seem pretty knowledgeable but to be honest, im hard headed so if im gonna learn its gonna be from the ones that dont come at me all wild like they wanna fight me...

earlier in this post i was told by lowflyn that he has a rebuild kit for a 7.5" lsd does anyone have a carrier with all the other shisnit?
Old 03-18-2009, 07:14 AM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

im pretty sure that swearing on the site is fine, as long as its tasteful and not directed towards anyone. or else ive been violating that for years lol.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:49 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho

Quote:
i aint stupid...

WOW, that brings back grade school memories.
“Aint’s not a word and I’m not going to use it” Come on everybody sing...
For the rebellious crowd it was “Aint’s not a word and I AINT going to us it” SORRY, I couldn’t resist.

Okay, back to subject. Weather you get new or used, make sure it is installed correctly. It is a very sensitive area. The gears need to be shimmed to a very tight tolerance or it will whine and wear out fast.
If all you are asking for in this thread is a used 7.5 Posi-trac, then maybe it should be moved to the classified section.
Renegade 800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:15 AM   #28

hey hey hey!!!

"sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"-grade school

^^^ ^^^^^^^^^for renegade800
Old 03-19-2009, 10:09 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

If you feel the need for an LSD in a pretty much stock mustang for Rally or auto X you may want to consider trading on something AWD. Sideways in a Mustang is nothing new and you have to know how to handle it. Its called driving. Anyways, try calling CJ PONY PARTS and asking if they have anything used or refurbished. Any pictures of the car? Id be interested in seeing the intake/exhaust. Most people just go with bolt ons instead of making it themselves. I only said the previous statement because Im tired of seeing well kept/brand new looking stangs in the local junkyards because someone skimped, something broke and they got fed up and trashed it.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:37 PM   #30

that a negatory on the the referb from cj

i went on and some of there stuff is wayyy overpriced...

sooo i think ima just save up n get me a 8.8" itll weight more which will be better for weight distribution and have more strength...

can anyone help me out with this?

i need a most likely used 8.8L with a lsd (not trac loc) and im lookin for normal gearing prob 3.55 or 3.73 anything higher isnt what would suit me...

whats the deal with the pinion flange i hear so much about? i hear that it wouldnt meet up with im guessing my drive shaft... ??? ... so yes if u guys got any advice or pics please post

NOW!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 11:55 PM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
i need a most likely used 8.8L with a lsd (not trac loc) and im lookin for normal gearing prob 3.55 or 3.73 anything higher isnt what would suit me...
Why do you think there is a difference between a LSD and a Tracklok? To my knowledge they are one in the same. I hope you're not wanting to go with a spool or something similar.
Our's:
Old 03-20-2009, 02:17 AM   #32

no i mean i dont want a fully locked diff i want a decently tight grip...

; )
Old 03-20-2009, 07:57 AM   #33
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

if you are putting in a new differential unit put gears in... its about the same amount of work honestly

go with an OEM ford traction lock they work perfectly fine, if it sued rebuild the clutch in it
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:20 PM   #34

"PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BEFORE U POST!!!"

i am buying a 8.8" rear entire set uuup!!!

Im trying to find a cheap PRICED used one!!!

Thanks for taking ur time to read this!!!
Old 03-20-2009, 07:38 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq

after all that bull**** you're finally listening to us.

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang