Finished project.. need help! - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-17-2004, 12:51 PM   #71
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangin99
correct.

But in n/a terms it's lacking. Stock vs Stock is the prime example...40hp advantage.

And the only reason I say stuff about singleports is because your already spending $1000+ on ported heads/intakes/cam, whats another 200 for a damn fuel rail? I agree with you on having a fun car to drive, but 40 more hp makes your car that much more fun.

everyone needs to chill..I wasn't bashing anything just stating some stuff..
Actually it's not even close to $1000 for the intakes. Well maybe from some people but that's another story, and the reason I opened up shop for cheaper prices for everyone, but that's another story too. I forgot what I wanted to say, but have you ever cut a single port upper intake up? It's a terrible design in the sense of air-flow. The air comes rushing in and has to do a sharp 180* bend to make it to our engines. That's why after my business starts picking up, I can start to get hardcore in the R&D of developing a new single port upper. I have everything written down and I even started some of it, but money is getting tight, so I need more to buy more supplies and weld everything together. I'm convinced that the upper intake on single ports is the "weakest" link. I've learned alot about air-flow recently, and I think I've nailed to major problems with my set-up. My CAI being fenderwell is nice, but I think if I cut in, and had it inside the engine bay, that would actually increase my hp because I would be removing a 90* bend from the airflow, and my upper intake with it's sharp 180* bend. If you look at split port intakes, they have very little bends, and the bends they do have are helped with scavaging air so they flow "better" or "more" air

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2004, 07:26 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to 98GreenStallion
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Stallion
Actually it's not even close to $1000 for the intakes. Well maybe from some people but that's another story, and the reason I opened up shop for cheaper prices for everyone, but that's another story too. I forgot what I wanted to say, but have you ever cut a single port upper intake up? It's a terrible design in the sense of air-flow. The air comes rushing in and has to do a sharp 180* bend to make it to our engines. That's why after my business starts picking up, I can start to get hardcore in the R&D of developing a new single port upper. I have everything written down and I even started some of it, but money is getting tight, so I need more to buy more supplies and weld everything together. I'm convinced that the upper intake on single ports is the "weakest" link. I've learned alot about air-flow recently, and I think I've nailed to major problems with my set-up. My CAI being fenderwell is nice, but I think if I cut in, and had it inside the engine bay, that would actually increase my hp because I would be removing a 90* bend from the airflow, and my upper intake with it's sharp 180* bend. If you look at split port intakes, they have very little bends, and the bends they do have are helped with scavaging air so they flow "better" or "more" air
Let me knowwhen you get that upper of yours finished! How long do you think it will be?

Mods: BV heads, cut and weld upper, fully ported lower, 216/225 cam, 1.73 RR's, 60mm TB, 19# injectors, new timing set, 25% UDP, CAI, SCT chip, PCV delete, EGR delete, MAC LT headers, O/R H-pipe, durablack cat-back...

www.rpm-mustangs.com

RDmotorsport

New dyno
193.8rwhp/238.9 rwtq
98GreenStallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 10:35 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to steedav6builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Stallion
I always thought the same thing about the cai fender setup. One with a straight shot with a heat shield has to be less restrictive.
'99 Electric Green Cobra, #2517 of 4040 Built on 5/12/99
'00 Lazer Red V6-Gone but not forgotten

Central Jersey Mustangs and Fords Member #4121
Mid -Atlantic Cobra Association Member #207
steedav6builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2004, 12:41 PM   #74
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GreenStallion
Let me knowwhen you get that upper of yours finished! How long do you think it will be?
It should be sometime next year for sure, I'm going to say probably March maybe. I still have to try a few things out in the process of building it.

Old 12-19-2004, 08:42 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Its probably to early to ask but how much do you think your upper will be running?

Back to my car... I wanna know how loud my valvetrain should be with my setup (harland sharp adjustable RR's, stock pushrods and lifters) Cause right now they get extrememly loud when the engine warms to operating temp. Like I can hear them plain and clear when I stop at a stoplight. I seems like they may be getting louder as time goes... is that normal?

About my alternator... I thiink I fixed the electircal probs. The negative cable on my battery wasnt making a good connection, so after I tightened it up, everything hasnt glitched yet.

There are still some unusual sounds in my engine that I havnt diagnosed. One is a slight ringing sound that I cant really figure out where its coming from. You have to listen with the hood up to hear it. Then a sound coming from my cats is annoying, I dont know if its a loose hanger or what, but my driver side cat makes some odd sounding noise.

If anyone would like to help me diagnose these noises, please do.

Mods: BV heads, cut and weld upper, fully ported lower, 216/225 cam, 1.73 RR's, 60mm TB, 19# injectors, new timing set, 25% UDP, CAI, SCT chip, PCV delete, EGR delete, MAC LT headers, O/R H-pipe, durablack cat-back...

www.rpm-mustangs.com

RDmotorsport

New dyno
193.8rwhp/238.9 rwtq
Old 12-19-2004, 12:07 PM   #76
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Harland RR's will quiet the valvetrain quite a bit. Yes you can use stock lifters and pushods. If you currently have them and can hear them something is very wrong and the lashing migh not be adjusted enough. unless it is to tight and you have bent a pushrod!!!!
Old 12-19-2004, 01:50 PM   #77
Legacy Member
Legacy

I would say somewhere around $300. I'm going to have to fabricate it from scratch.

Old 12-20-2004, 07:28 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Harland RR's will quiet the valvetrain quite a bit. Yes you can use stock lifters and pushods. If you currently have them and can hear them something is very wrong and the lashing migh not be adjusted enough. unless it is to tight and you have bent a pushrod!!!!
I dont think I have any bent pushrods. I do think a few rockers might be too tight though. See the only time my rockers get too loud is when my car has run for a while and is warmed to operating temp. then they just chatter kinda loudly.

Ever since I connected the IAT, power in my car has seemed to increase slowly. It runs smoother and is more responsive. Im thinking Im prolly putting down about 170rwhp and around 215rwtq now. That would be a wild estimate though. I know I drove a nissan 350z and my car has no where near the power of that one. It prolly has a good 50rwhp on me if not more.
So maybe I need a dynotune. How much horsepower do yall think a good dynotune would net me? (given that I have good plugs and plug wires, and all little glitches and rockers are adjusted)

www.rpm-mustangs.com

RDmotorsport

New dyno
193.8rwhp/238.9 rwtq
Old 12-20-2004, 01:11 PM   #79
Legacy Member
Legacy

I would bet a dynotune would net you maybe a good 10hp.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang