Just testing the waters - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Just testing the waters

Im just wondering i got a 2000 mustang that was born a 6 cylinder i swaped an 89 5.0 enging tranny and comp did all the wiring the car runs great....if i wanted to sell it....how much could i get for it?
2kStang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2009, 02:42 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via MSN to 19Delta
Re: Just testing the waters

I'd give you 2500 for it.
19Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Lmao!!!! The 2000 mustang 6 cylinder alone is worth more than that. Keep in mind i worked on this mustang myself. I made it a fuel injected 2000 mustang 5.0. Please dont insult me with low ball offers like 2500 because that wont get you anything but a laugh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2009, 03:07 PM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

KBB says a private party excellent condition 2000 coupe with 85000 miles on it is worth $4,530.

Therefore, I wouldn't expect to get more than $4500 for it. $2500-3500 sounds like about the standard offer your going to receive for the car.

Being a 5.0 isn't going to add much, if anything to what people think it is worth. It is unique and a great swap, but, it isn't going to cause the car to pull premium money at all.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:09 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Oh and one more thing 19delta dont bother responding to this thread anymore u have a 1999 or higher mustang without the 5.0 ho and my car is probably too much for you and evenif it wasn't im sure you dont have enough cash to buy my car thanks.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:11 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks pure venom my mustang had less than 60 thousand miles before i did the swap but all the time it took me to do the swap properly and money invested wont allow m to sell for low
Old 03-23-2009, 03:19 PM   #7
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

I understand that, but when you do something like this to a car, you need to do it realizing that the odds of you getting your money back out of the car are slim to none. Someone may add on a few dollars to the V6 price, but it isn't going to pull the same kind of money as a GT or Cobra unless you can find the right buyer...AKA, a dip****.

A lot of times people try to list a car for sale and list all of the mods with the price of the mods and then ask for the blue book value plus a large percentage of the total of the mods. However, unless a car is just rediculously sick...like a TT setup or something, a car enthusiast is going to offer you a price similar to what the VIN number claims the car is.

If I'm shopping for a car and someone lists a lot of bolt on mods and even some power adder mods, I'm going to offer blue book and that's about it.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:21 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Keep in mind the swap that i completed isn't for the carbed 5.0 it's the fuel injected 5.0. I know alot of people wonder if it could be done and i am proof that it can be done. And i saw a 2000 mustang with a carburated 5.0 sell for 13 grand i guess if if find someone that wants it bad enough i could sell it for a good price. If someone brought me a car to do this swap i'd probably charge them in the area of 10-12 thousand in labor.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:23 PM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Case in point...if you find the right buyer. However, asking here, you're going to get much lower offers than you will listing in it autotrader.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

i am actually thinking about doing a twin turbo set up... still kinda on the fence about that i dont want the car to have more than 500rwhp
Old 03-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #11
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Now, if this was something like a big block swap, then you could probably pull some decent coin for it. But putting a 5.0 into an SN95 car is not going to get someone all pumped up.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:25 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

You never know someone here might want the car for it being a fuel injected 5.0 2k stang. A car being unique does in fact help in selling it.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:29 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Well in anycase wether or not i do infact sell the car atleast people reading this will know not to post low ball offers ya know? Because that 19delta kinda offended me....almost seems as if he thinks his car is better than mine. When his isn't near as good i bet he wouldn't sell his clunker for 2500 so why would he offer me that junk price?
Old 03-23-2009, 03:41 PM   #14
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Um....his "****box" is not any different than the car you asked opinions about...your's is just a 3.8L with 2 extra cylindars. An 89 5.0 is not exactly a monstrous power plant that will rock your head into the back seat.

I know you want premium money for the car, but you asked opinions on what other members think it is worth. KBB says 4500, so that's what it is worth. To 19delta, it was worth 2500. To me, 3k in fair condition, maybe 3500 in excellent condition.

So, jumping on other members and then claiming their car is inferior to yours when you haven't even seen his car is a stretch. Mine makes your car look and feel like a power wheel you picked up at walmart or a yard sale, but that doesn't mean I need to slam you for thinking your car is worth more than it is nor go around slamming any other mustang owners for what they drive.

In the end, your car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If you find the right seller that is willing to give you 8, 9, 10k for the car, great. Then that is what it is worth. However, you asked us members what we thought it was worth, and we are giving your our opinions.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:52 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Incorrect his "****Box" is very different from my car. My car is custom and with my 150 shot nitrous injection my car does pretty good unlike a power wheel from wallmart. Now you're starting to be kinda disrespectful and my 89 bridgeported turbo 2 will make your car look like a shoping cart from wallmart not even the powerwheel. So dont act like you have a powerhouse when infact you're not even in my league tiny lol. You started off very respectful not extremely knowledgable but respectful non the less up untill now that is. Lets not stray from what this post was about. Forget the pissin contest because inspite of what you think you have understad i have something faster ;0)
Old 03-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

is it a stock 5.0? what mods are done to it
Want an 03/04 Cobra

Born:5/23/97, Build # 5722 of 6961 Builds
Cobra GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #17
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

I gave an example of how you came across...it's not fun when your car is being put through the mud. The point, don't trash other member's rides as in their mind is better than yours...while in your mind yours is better than theirs.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:59 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

i see whe got a 150 shot what kinda time do you run?
Want an 03/04 Cobra

Old 03-23-2009, 04:02 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

OK ok point taken Venom but his offer was a deff. insult ya know? with the 150 shot im only in the 12's but she can deffinately go faster im sure and im thinking about a twin turbo set up.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:05 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

this is why you need to do your homework before you call out other peoples cars. 12s on a 150 shot is not that great. but power and speed isn't everything. looks sometimes mean everything. you really need to post up some pics if you want a real guess on price for a custom car

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:05 PM   #21
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kStang5.0 View Post
Im just wondering i got a 2000 mustang that was born a 6 cylinder i swaped an 89 5.0 enging tranny and comp did all the wiring the car runs great....if i wanted to sell it....how much could i get for it?
Quote:
OK ok point taken Venom but his offer was a deff. insult ya know? with the 150 shot im only in the 12's but she can deffinately go faster im sure and im thinking about a twin turbo set up.
I see no mention of a 150 shot in the original post. In fact, neither did Cobra GT hence why he asked what's been done to it.

an 2000 v6 with an 89 5.0 swap as described in the first post is worth about 3500 tops.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

The reason im only in the 12's is because i cant figure out how to get the tires to stick when you open up traction is reduced to zero
Old 03-23-2009, 04:08 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Incorrect his "****Box" is very different from my car. My car is custom and with my 150 shot nitrous injection my car does pretty good unlike a power wheel from wallmart. Now you're starting to be kinda disrespectful and my 89 bridgeported turbo 2 will make your car look like a shoping cart from wallmart not even the powerwheel. So dont act like you have a powerhouse when infact you're not even in my league tiny lol. You started off very respectful not extremely knowledgable but respectful non the less up untill now that is. Lets not stray from what this post was about. Forget the pissin contest because inspite of what you think you have understad i have something faster ;0)
this is it

Old 03-23-2009, 04:08 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I didnt mention the 150 shot because i dont know if i wanna sell that....would i get more for that?
Old 03-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottcobra View Post
this is it

what is it? im lost what's this supposed to mean?
Old 03-23-2009, 04:11 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

they wanted to know where the 150 shot was said.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:11 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

2kStang5.0, what are you looking for out of the car?
Want an 03/04 Cobra

Old 03-23-2009, 04:13 PM   #28
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottcobra View Post
they wanted to know where the 150 shot was said.
I know where it was stated later in the thread, however 19delta replied long before that. It was only stated because I called out his 89 and bashed it as being slow.

However, a 150 shot is not going to add much to the price and may hurt it as people are going to figure the car has been beat on pretty good.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:14 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Im just testing the waters to see what i can get for it.....and i didnt expect to get such a lowball offer for all the time and effort not to mention the money i put into the car ya know?
Old 03-23-2009, 04:15 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Oh and im glad not everyone is jumping on me and people are interested lol
Old 03-23-2009, 04:19 PM   #31
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Im just testing the waters to see what i can get for it.....and i didnt expect to get such a lowball offer for all the time and effort not to mention the money i put into the car ya know?
I can understand the let down, but, like I mentioned earlier...going into a project you need to realize you probably won't pull the money back out of it.

I was knee deep into a 460 swap into an 81 hatch that was budgetted to cost me around 13-15k at least. Even in mint condition, the car would maybe pull 6-7k if I tried to sell it when it was finished.

And I only jumped you because you had an elitist attitude that needed to be checked quick. I am able to call you on the attitude because I do not drive a shopping cart and can probably hold my own against your long name car mentioned above.

There are better ways to handle low ball offers than to blast the person doing it...specially when no details nor pictures of the car have been given. Based on data provided, he gave an answer of what it was worth to him.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:19 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

OK how about this guys. Put yourself in my shoes for a second. If you did all this work to make your stang unique invested so much time and money....would you like to be offered 2500 for you're troubles when your car factory being a 6 cylinder is worth more?
Old 03-23-2009, 04:19 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

what are you looking to get out of the car? ballpark lets test the waters!
Want an 03/04 Cobra

Old 03-23-2009, 04:19 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

I understand, but if you'll ever built a custom car before, and I don't know the answer to that.

It is very hard to just get your parts money out of it. much less your time out of it. their is $45,000 in the chevelle shown below. that's just parts and the price of the car.

that doesn't include the $60 per hour I would charge someone to build it for them

Old 03-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Quote:
But that doesn't matter to the buyer. Anytime you add any modifications to your car that aren't way out there example(TT setup, huge N/A build), you're not going to get as much as you want. I see it all the time on the market in the classifieds and at dealerships.

Tons of cars that have swapped engines or are modded are often let go for a low price.

In fact, some cars that are stock are worth more than if they were modded, such as a 04 Mystichrome Cobra ~ at least to a true car collector that knows what he is looking for.

Look, I'm not going to bash your efforts and hard work, I tip my hat to you for that, but as so many others have said, you're not going to get an insane amount for it on here.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang