Mustang Evolution Forum banner

throttle body and crossover tube

17K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  cash05_mustang 
#1 ·
in the mod order list, under "stage 2", it says to get a TB and crossover tube matching. (for a 94-98 and i have a 98) would this be something to get or not since i have plans on P&P. or would this come after P&P. also where could i get both of these? i have found TBs all over but have never seen a crossover tube.

i think that list is a good one to follow. so i am trying to follow it given my budget

#4 ·
Well it should be done with with the P&P, but it sometimes cost extra. I can P&P a upper for you and increase the the crossover tube to 60mm and I also have a 60mm TB to go along with it. I think I even have a lower intake you can use that i can P&P also.

#6 ·
97Stallion said:
Well it should be done with with the P&P, but it sometimes cost extra. I can P&P a upper for you and increase the the crossover tube to 60mm and I also have a 60mm TB to go along with it. I think I even have a lower intake you can use that i can P&P also.
so your saying you would P&P my upper intake, increase crossover tube to 60mm and you have a lower intake i could purchase that you would P&P along with a 60mm TB to go along with the P&P upper.

or do you have the upper that you would P&P

how much would it cost for both P&P and the TB just curious

#7 ·
cash05_mustang said:
so your saying you would P&P my upper intake, increase crossover tube to 60mm and you have a lower intake i could purchase that you would P&P along with a 60mm TB to go along with the P&P upper.

or do you have the upper that you would P&P

how much would it cost for both P&P and the TB just curious
I'm saying I have a set, but now at the moment might be used by someone else. If he does, then I need a set of intakes from you so I can port and polish them. If he doesn't want them, then I have a set for you. What I would do is issue a $50 core charge. When I get your intakes you have on now after you swap the P&P intakes on, I'll give you back you $50. As for the TB's I have a couple in the mail that should be here in about a week or so, then I still need to modify them. But if you were to buy those 3 items from me, it would be about $320 - $350. Somewhere around there. I would still need to calculate shipping and get everything figured out.

#8 ·
ok im starting to strongly consider this. the only thing is i prolly wont have the money very quickly so how much down time would i have if i had to send my intakes in to get them done.(i have no back up car for school) so it will be around 450ish with s&h right. and the last 2 questions for now: could i take off/install these myself and how much do you think new gaskets will be?

#10 ·
cash05_mustang said:
ok im starting to strongly consider this. the only thing is i prolly wont have the money very quickly so how much down time would i have if i had to send my intakes in to get them done.(i have no back up car for school) so it will be around 450ish with s&h right. and the last 2 questions for now: could i take off/install these myself and how much do you think new gaskets will be?
Yes you can definately do this yourself as long as your have someone mechanically inclined with you. As for gaskets, I would go to Autozone and get some Fel-pro gaskets for like 40 bucks. And finally for a price, tell me exactly what you want and I get you a price. OK?

#13 ·
stangin99 said:
do you have some othe rmajor mod to require this? I dont think a ported upper will do much on a stock singleport...
well, a well flowing intake system certainly wont hurt his performance :D looks to me that, when combined with a mildly agressively cam, should make for some pretty nice gains in both HP and TQ. Then, as money allows, upgrading to forged internals will allow for some seroius boost :cool:

#15 ·
mysteed said:
well, a well flowing intake system certainly wont hurt his performance :D looks to me that, when combined with a mildly agressively cam, should make for some pretty nice gains in both HP and TQ. Then, as money allows, upgrading to forged internals will allow for some seroius boost :cool:
if he got a cam yes, as well as head work. But a stock motor you'd see maybe 5hp like corey said.

5hp can come from dynoing on a cold not-humid day ;)

#17 ·
97Stallion said:
Yes you can definately do this yourself as long as your have someone mechanically inclined with you. As for gaskets, I would go to Autozone and get some Fel-pro gaskets for like 40 bucks. And finally for a price, tell me exactly what you want and I get you a price. OK?
could you get me a final price of:
P&P upper with crossover tube increased to 60mm
P&P lower
60mm TB

and if you could include all S&H charges

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.