T-Bird SuperCharger + V6 Mustang??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to wh!te_stang Send a message via Yahoo to wh!te_stang
Cool T-Bird SuperCharger + V6 Mustang???

I have a guy I ran across today who has an original 1998 3.8 t-bird supercharger who said he was going to put it on his 2000 v6 mustang but has recenty wrecked it.... but anywho I was thinking about grabbing it for 250$ and was wondering if it was worth it. I have an 2004 v6.

He says he has everything needed for it to bolt right up to my car. But wut I was wondering was.... What kind of gains would I see?

Would it be worth my time and money to put it on?

And when going to pick it up wut all should I make sure I have so that everything will work properly? (like a check list)

Im still fairly new to the mod world but I'm learning day by day and appreciate all the help from you guys and gals
wh!te_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2009, 04:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Re: T-Bird SuperCharger + V6 Mustang???

i also have a 04 v6 mustang! i tried to put the m90 on it from a t bird sc! to much work! if u have everything (which is alot) its a pain in the ars to install! u also have to switch heads! u have split port cylinder heads right now....you need single port heads! its more trouble than worth in my opinon! i gave up and built a turbo kit that were working on now! GOOD LUCK BRO11
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

^^ Agreed. The gains you would see by doing that would be 10 to 15 hp over what you have now.
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2009, 02:41 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

To install an M90 on a 99-04 you have to instal the 94-98 single port heads, which will give you a 50hp loss, then the M90 might give you 50hp, so you end up with a 10hp boost.
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:46 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

take that $250 and add another $100 and get u a predator diablo tuner! u can REALLY feel the HP and TQ difference with those and there fun to play with! but if your hell bent on getting that m90 yes the 94-98 cylinder heads is what u need or the t-bird sc heads will work too! then youll need fuel pump, pullys, fuel injectors, all kinds of brackets, and an SC water pump! all and all its way to much assuming u have the lower intake, upper intake, intercooler, throttle body, intercooler boot and all that stuff already! dont let that guy full u theres alot more u need than what hes trying to sell u i promise! just Go turbo bro! if you DIY than its no were near as expensive as those $4000-$5000 kits they try to sell you! no disrespect to anybody who does sell them though! TMA makes one hell of a street turbo kit from what i hear and seen! Good luck man!
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Tags
v6 mustang