Mustang Evolution Forum banner

well time to spend some money

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  STEVE 
#1 ·
got my car aligned tday and since i dropped 1.5 inches i need caster camber plates, which are the best i can get for a resonable price?, i know mm is the best but do i really need mm plates? what is the adjustment over stock that these plates will give campared to others like upr or steeda or mac?
my car was resonabley aligned just that my left side couldent be aligned properly

#2 ·
232stang said:
got my car aligned tday and since i dropped 1.5 inches i need caster camber plates, which are the best i can get for a resonable price?, i know mm is the best but do i really need mm plates? what is the adjustment over stock that these plates will give campared to others like upr or steeda or mac?
my car was resonabley aligned just that my left side couldent be aligned properly
Can't really answer much of your question, but, the MM plates were the originals that Steeda copied for their version. They will give you 4 bolts so you will have a solid install, plus, I think they look pretty nice.

As for the adjustment, they appear to offer more adjustment range just looking at the pics of them vs the steeda. They will give you a world of different adjustment options over a stock plate. And, I believe they are like 30 bucks cheaper than the steedas.

Anyhow, just my .02. Wish I had more info on this topic. But, I will be going with the MM plates when I drop my car as well.

#6 · (Edited)
I have UPR shark C&C plates They are of a excellent quality. I would highly recommend them.

UPR Caster Camber Plates 1994 - 2004 'The Shark' T-7075

UPR Billet caster/camber plates replace the stock flexible rubber strut mount bushings, allowing you ultimate control of the suspension geometry. New design manufactured from T-7075 Aircraft aluminum over twice the strength of T-6061 158.99

Attachments

#8 ·
go with mm plates they are stronger and better than all the others out there, get the 4 bolt design also. They allow nearly twice the adjustment as all the others out there also.... the top plate can be fliped for more camber or left normal for a not so lower car, being 1.5 inches you can flip it and get amazing amounts of adjustment... they are expensive but they are very worth it.

#11 ·
Danger Dude said:
Camber wedges are very old school used on antique automobiles and are not for performance cars. But if you want to use Model A technology from the 1920

BE MY GUEST!!! BUT DONT BOTHER US FOR ADVICE IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO LISTEN!!!!!
hmm are they really not good enough, i was just going by what my suspension teacher told me. do u really think the wont work? :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.