Whats your choice of cleaning products - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2009, 08:32 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Whats your choice of cleaning products

One thing i have found is that the Swiffer works great for the Dash What works the best on rims and tires ???
Attached Images

2007STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2009, 09:23 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: Whats your choice of cleaning products

plan old soap & water for cleaning the rims and tires. if you have chrome wheels. glass cleaner works well also. I like the black magic tire wet for the gloss on the tires. I spray the pad and then wipe it on the tire, cause if you spray it directly on the tire it slings all over the car and I hate that.

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:35 AM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via MSN to 19Delta

black magic ftw!
19Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2009, 12:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

anything meguiars
Old 04-07-2009, 01:16 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

no greasy nasty crap as it just slings all over the car~ i usually use meguiars detailer to clean them~
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

i clean the tires with white wall cleaner from napa and just soap and water and i'm not a fan of the tire shine
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangfan2003 View Post
anything meguiars
+1
Old 04-07-2009, 09:03 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

also had pretty good luck with eagle one producs.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

+2 with the Black Magic tire wet. and for a wax i used Turtle Wax Ice, it made it really shine. really effective and fast to use. Got it at Advanced Auto for like $10
"You want something. Go get it. Period. Don't ever let someone tell you... you can't do something."
SC_STEEDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:10 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Poorboy's products on the paint, master formula products on the metal, meguire's wipes for dash and leather wipes for the seats and a big ol lint roller for the top and carpet.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Eagle One used to have some great wheel cleaners, but I can't find them anymore. I use turtle wax Zip-Wax Car wash, Bleech White on the tires, and just tried out some black magic wheel cleaner the other day, and it worked pretty well.

I like to use the No-Touch Tire Foam, but once it "un-foams" I wipe it off so it's a natural looking finish on the tires. I prefer not to have that greasy ghetto shine that just attracts dirt and slings all over the paint. The No-Touch stuff also works great on the inner fenders to make them look really nice.
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:09 AM   #12

Region: New York
Send a message via Skype™ to NICEHOSS
Talking To the man with the 5-speed fixation

Shows how little some of us know about a really good AODE. The stock tranny in the 99-04 New Edge (4R70W) is good for 1500 HP...it's one of the stoutest transmissions ever made. Get one from TCI (their Streetfighter model) and you can safely run 600-700 HP all day long with repeatable results. Never a missed shift. Try that with any 5-speed. Plus the built TCI gets a faster timeslip than a 5-speed. Row all you want...I sit back with coffee and will beat you every time!!!! Just ask John Force!!!!! He runs an AODE and he can beat all of us at will!!!!! EEK!
NICEHOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:54 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Believe it or not Advanced Auto parts wheel cleaner works better than name brand. I use it on my DD (Ranger), the Cobra stays clean. Bump to the old soap and water w/ elbow grease and a brush. Turtle wax car soap, Blue Carnauba wax, Wet n Black for tires, and Armor All original for interior trim.
Want an 03/04 Cobra

Born:5/23/97, Build # 5722 of 6961 Builds
Cobra GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #14

After cleaning some very nice cars for over 50 years, I have reached some fairly good conclusions. Some products are worth the money, while others are just marketing dreams! Starting with an already clean body not in need of any cleaners, I now go with Meguair's Pure Polish. Followed by their Yellow Wax. Both products are fast, easy to work with, fairly priced, and leave a superior result. For the interior, there's the always reliable Armor All, but sometimes when a show is just the next day I'll use baby oil instead of the Armor All for added gloss (try it, you'll be amazed!). Outer and interior black plastic parts that I want to be a deep black get "Back to Back". It alwas leaves a great result. Wheels? There's a mystery, because manufacturers use so many different variations of metals and finishes. What looks good on one aluminum wheel doesn't on another, and so on. I have chrome Saleen 5-Spokes and like good old soap and water (car soap, not dish soap), followed by a coating of Meguiar's Yellow Wax. At least 3X a year. For those of us with an unlimited budget, try a can of Blue Diamond pure polish at $24.95. The results will burn your retinas!!!! I stopped using it when it hit $20, and went to my backup Meguir's Pure Polish at $12.95. We all have limits, right? I don't like paying for someone else's retirement plan...that's all.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:21 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Re: To the man with the 5-speed fixation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICEHOSS View Post
Shows how little some of us know about a really good AODE. The stock tranny in the 99-04 New Edge (4R70W) is good for 1500 HP...
That thing would break far before 1500hp went out of it stock lol... it might last a week... but that's hot "good" for 1500....

I use:
waterless car wash on the exterior, glass, rims, windows no wax needed
Meguiars interior detailer for inside
If I use tire shine its armoral extreme shine (but I only put it on if it will sit out all day in the sun... as its nasty and gets all of the paint
I have a calif duster I use to keep the car dusted (a MUST)
I have meguiars spray leather cleaner/conditioner (the kind that wont get in all the little holes)
I keep a little bottle of rubbing compound from 3m for clear coat applications for needed things
I use meguiars quick detailer for inbetween waterless car wash applications, works good.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:38 AM   #16

With all due respect to "SpectorV", I can arrange a phone call to John's house (John Force) and have him explain how Ford designed in 1500 HP reliability into the 4R70W. GM and Chrysler never put together an automatic like this sucker!!!! The baddest drag racers in the country fun their funny cars with this tranny. A guy with a 5-speed just won't keep up. Anybody who's busy rowing...isn't racing.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:47 AM   #17
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
With all due respect to "SpectorV", I can arrange a phone call to John's house (John Force) and have him explain how Ford designed in 1500 HP reliability into the 4R70W. GM and Chrysler never put together an automatic like this sucker!!!! The baddest drag racers in the country fun their funny cars with this tranny. A guy with a 5-speed just won't keep up. Anybody who's busy rowing...isn't racing.
Dude, what is your damage? Where did your first post even come from? Everyone's talking about cleaning products and you bust in talking about auto trannies?

Like, keep this thread on topic and start your own so we can make fun of you over there.

While your at it...have john force give me a call as I would like to chat with him about the night I ****ed his daughters. I think he needs to know what kind of freaks they are.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Anybody who's busy rowing...isn't racing.
It sure seems like Jegie was doing alright in Vegas this past weekend rowing a 6.71 @ 205 mph.
Want an 03/04 Cobra

Born:5/23/97, Build # 5722 of 6961 Builds
Cobra GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:10 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

yea lets get this back on topic...
Old 04-09-2009, 03:09 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Another GREAT cleaning product for the interior that is often overlooked is Ammonia. I know it smells terrible and will peel tint off glass, but if you car is a few years old, it'll amaze you at the dirt it removes from dashes and door panels and stuff.

My first ever brand new truck stayed cleaned. I even steam cleaned the seats once a month to make sure everything stayed perfect. I used to use armor-all on the interior plastics and stuff, but now I prefer a more natural shine. After 2 years of owning my truck with one 23k miles on it, I removed the tint to get it redone. In the process of removing the tint with amonia, some of it dripped down on the door panels. When I was done peeling and hopped in the truck to take to my tint guy, I notices all these nasty runs on the door panel. Turns out it was from where the ammonia CLEANED all the old amror-all and all the dirt it had attracted. So I sprayed down a rag and wiped the door panel down and it looked 10x better, and until then it stayed "clean." I clay barred that truck once a month, washed it weekly at a minimum, and kept the interior as spotless as possible, and dirt had still built up.

If you want to get really clean, use ammonia, it won't hurt anything but window tint, at least from what I've seen in 5 Ford vehicles and a Honda, so just be careful
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang