Roush exhaust kit for V6???? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Roush exhaust kit for V6????

I was searching today at my very exciting and wonderful job for exhaust for my mustang uppps...... I am very sold on the FRPP system just like the over look and sound quality that it makes, true dual exhaust by the way. I don't know if they sell a single sided kit but if they do thats not the one I want.

Some how I ran across the roush website and noticed that they have an exhaust kit for a v6 as well. True dual exhaust and all, but I can not find a danm sound clip or you tube with the set up on a car. So does anyone know or heard this sytem on our cars, i have an 09.
BigTicket03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Re: Roush exhaust kit for V6????

i heard one on a 99-04 v6 it was ok
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

how would u measure it up against the ffrp system if you had to put on your sixer? I mean I just really dont want that ricer sound you know and being the loudest on the block isn't necessary to me. Quality and a good sound is all I really care about you know.... I know it will never sounds like an 8 that is just a fact of life, and im good with it lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2009, 07:49 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

i'm just gonna give you my opinion i had a 6 and i just put some magnaflows on it, it was quit when i was just cruising but when i got on it it sounded pretty nice not annoying like a stupid foreign vehicle but definatly didn't sound like a chevy big block or anything
Old 04-07-2009, 07:50 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

so just get something that sounds good that you have heard cuz everyone has their opinoin on how something soounds and it may not be the same as your opinion
Old 04-07-2009, 07:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I agree with that statement I know everyone has there opinion and prefrence especially when it comes to there cars. There is no doubt about that, but I guess thats what makes the modding world such a wonderful thing to be involved with, as I read from an earlier thread why i love a mustang... after i get the exhaust setup I need to get a tuner would recommend spending the extra money and getting the SCT live wire or the SCT sf3/xcal3
Old 04-07-2009, 08:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

You already have the right idea, a quieter, more mellow sounding sixer is better.
I haven't heard a roush system on the 4.0's but I've heard magnaflows, pypes, and flowmasters. They were all alright, I liked the pypes one the best, but that's a personal preference. It had a great idle, and wasn't too high in the upper rpms.

But in the end its up to you...

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:40 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

I have been very happy with my set up. Its more mellow and deeper tone which is what you want on the v6. I am just running true dual exhaust: stocks headers and cats with an X pipe with dual flowmaster 40 series with turn downs. This way you dont have two tail pipes sticking out where they do not belong. And the turn downs make the sound deeper than tips.
"You want something. Go get it. Period. Don't ever let someone tell you... you can't do something."
SC_STEEDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:40 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Really I have seen the pypes set up on AM and that was my first choice but after seeing the sound clip on you tube of the FFRP I thought it was rather nice here I will post it tell me what you think if you wouldnt mind....

Also what do you think about the turners I posted in the previous posting???
Old 04-07-2009, 09:31 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

no bolt on kit for the v6 is true dual, you have to cut the stock Y pipe off and make it true dual with an adapter.

also not the 94-9=04 v6's sound very different from 05+
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

it was not bolt on i had him put an X pipe where the Y pipe came together and made it duals.
"You want something. Go get it. Period. Don't ever let someone tell you... you can't do something."
SC_STEEDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:02 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Oic I agree with you in regards to the 3.8 sounding different the 4.0. So taht is what this set up is it just has a dual adapter correct, or would u like me send a pic of the kit?
Old 04-07-2009, 10:20 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

My bolt on kit is true dual, LT's, catted h-pipe, and Magnaflow catback. I like it.
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:46 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket03 View Post
I agree with that statement I know everyone has there opinion and prefrence especially when it comes to there cars. There is no doubt about that, but I guess thats what makes the modding world such a wonderful thing to be involved with, as I read from an earlier thread why i love a mustang... after i get the exhaust setup I need to get a tuner would recommend spending the extra money and getting the SCT live wire or the SCT sf3/xcal3
sct livewire is just for show if you like it (i think it kinda looks kool) get it but if you just want a good tune get the xcal or sf3
Old 04-08-2009, 02:09 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

i have a mac off road h pipe with flowmasters and 2.5 flowmaster tips! i sounds REALLY good! nobody knows its a v6 till around 4000 rpm lol! but when it idles its deep and mean! look at youtube theres all kinds of sound clips form different exhaust set up! im sure youll find one your looking for! Good luck bro!
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:56 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

I'm still a fan of cutouts, the cylinders in the 4.0 v6 are bigger than those in the GT (they are actually the same size as the GT500 cylinders) and the compression is actually the same as that in the GT (well, damn close) so a pair of cutouts will give you one hell of a roar up through 4000 RPM, and normal driving sounds AMAZING with this setup, then when you get sick of it you can cap em and go back to complete silence.

If you get above 4000 RPM it doesn't sound ricey, it's way too deep, the only thing it compares to is a porshe carrera with no mufflers
stangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

I have my own set up which is Kooks long tube headers, to a one off xpipe (No cats) to flowmaster super40's. Again its all personal preference, beause i wanted somthing that had an extreamly deep sound and was loud. you can check out the clip at the link at the bottom of my post. the sound quality isnt that great because i was using a digital camera.
good luck
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust