I Beat A C5!!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-18-2004, 05:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
SilverStang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42
Send a message via AIM to SilverStang96
I Beat A C5!!!!

Today I beat a C5 corvette.... I was so freakin excited i didnt know what to do. ::story:: Me and my friend were coming back from jasper, and a blue C5 pulled up beside me, 2: i thought he was just messing with me because i even thought that he would win. Knowing me i will race anything (just like my race with the xterra last week) What the heck... I stuck it in 3rd runnin about 70, he punched it and then i did which meant he had somewhat of a jump on me. I pulled ahead of him and started gainin more ground each second. I shifted into 4th :drive: and he got just a little on me but then i was already pulling away again. Once i hit 120 he shut down and then i did.... He never left more than 4 or 5 feet behind me... but still I BEAT A C5


>>>>>> I will be making another sn soonnnnnn.
SilverStang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-18-2004, 06:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
that is badass
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 06:21 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
what do you have done to your car?
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-18-2004, 06:40 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
oaktonarcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,177
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
and im guessing u have a v8.
__________________
Delta Sigma Phi
building better men since 1899


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 07:41 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
even with that... unless its a 5.0 with mods he dont stand a chance..... however with a nice set of AFR heads, intakes, gears, what nots it wouldnt be to hard to run 11s in a 5.0 at least for a fox.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 12:03 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
SilverStang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42
Send a message via AIM to SilverStang96
Heres the mods: NGK plugs/plug wires, NGK filter,Throttle body, Upper intake, Flo-tech X-pipe, Borla side exhaust, Steeda Tri-ax short throw shifter, 3.73's, rebuilt rearend, aluminum driveshaft. I believe that is all the engine mods... ummm i know i left out something.


Yes it is a GT btw.
SilverStang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 12:43 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 65
Send a message via AIM to chips
street racing is stupid and dangerous.
__________________
Quote:
the only reason Dr. Dre produced "The Chronic" because the bible tells you to smoke lots of pot, and Oedipus used to blaze with the makers of Aqua Fresh tooth paste.
chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 12:49 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by chips
street racing is stupid and dangerous.
shut up
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 12:54 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 65
Send a message via AIM to chips
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
shut up
so you think it's okay?
__________________
Quote:
the only reason Dr. Dre produced "The Chronic" because the bible tells you to smoke lots of pot, and Oedipus used to blaze with the makers of Aqua Fresh tooth paste.
chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 12:56 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
:yup:
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 12:57 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 65
Send a message via AIM to chips
sorry, but i just don't see putting innocent people at risk as being ok.
__________________
Quote:
the only reason Dr. Dre produced "The Chronic" because the bible tells you to smoke lots of pot, and Oedipus used to blaze with the makers of Aqua Fresh tooth paste.
chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 01:02 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
racing at the track is dangerous too, every thing is dangerous
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 01:10 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 65
Send a message via AIM to chips
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
racing at the track is dangerous too, every thing is dangerous
at the track you have emergancy personnel ready for anything, and controlled conditions. the track is constantly monitered to make sure that it is as safe as possible.

how can you possibly compare the track to racing on the street? do i need to own you in another argument?
__________________
Quote:
the only reason Dr. Dre produced "The Chronic" because the bible tells you to smoke lots of pot, and Oedipus used to blaze with the makers of Aqua Fresh tooth paste.
chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 01:21 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by chips
at the track you have emergancy personnel ready for anything, and controlled conditions. the track is constantly monitered to make sure that it is as safe as possible.

how can you possibly compare the track to racing on the street? do i need to own you in another argument?
you have not owned me at all
the track is ****ing gay you get one or two runs you dont pick who u run witha and you have to pay :thumbdown:
wow the paramedics are there if you crash and die they arent gonna be able to do jack ****
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 01:31 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
your not replying fats enough im going to bed
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 01:37 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 65
Send a message via AIM to chips
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
you have not owned me at all
the track is ****ing gay you get one or two runs you dont pick who u run witha and you have to pay :thumbdown:
wow the paramedics are there if you crash and die they arent gonna be able to do jack ****
:yank:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
street racing:

Quote:
The numbers donít lie. Street racing is growing in popularity, and so is the death count.

In 2001, the number of fatal crashes as a result of street racing increased 87% according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

http://www.partsamerica.com/Motorspo...ackProgram.asp

http://www.nhra.com/streetlegal/stats.html


Quote:
For teens, risk taking is common. And sometimes it can be deadly. An estimated 3,500 teenagers will lose their lives in fatal cars accidents this year, and 39 percent of these deaths are due to speeding.
http://www.connectingwithkids.com/ti..._nov3/rac.html

yeah, it's just as safe to race and drive at unsafe speeds on public roads as it is to do the same on the track

Quote:
I have seen policemen cry at the memory of high-speed death and I have felt the curious, G-force effect of nitrous oxide on a Corvette's 400-hp engine. The message mounted below that car-racer's stick shift had read: "You only die once!" I'd laughed then. But late one Saturday night last fall, just a few blocks south of Richmond's Continental Square mall, I realized the message could apply to me.
http://www.vanmag.com/0204/speed.html

at the track:

Quote:
San Diego Police Chief William Landsdowne said, "We had 14 deaths and 31 serious injuries due to street racing in 2002. This year, thanks to this program that teaches people about where to race their cars, we've had no deaths and only four injuries. It's a 98 percent reduction in street racing in the city of San Diego."
http://njlawman.com/Articles%202/Drag%20Racing.htm

now 232, this is very interesting... in San Diego, there were no deaths after programs were started that brought street racing to the track. how can you explain this when you say that racing at the track is just as dangerous?

the following link shows the NHRA rules and regulations - most of which are in place to keep racers safe...

http://www.racewaypark.com/main/rules.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit: 232 owned! don't think i didn't see you looking at this thread under the "who's online" section for 10 minutes trying to think of a response before you logged off :pancake:
__________________
Quote:
the only reason Dr. Dre produced "The Chronic" because the bible tells you to smoke lots of pot, and Oedipus used to blaze with the makers of Aqua Fresh tooth paste.
chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 01:38 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
with those mods you are looking at low 14s high 13s maybe... not enough for a c5 but the driver makes all the difference.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 08:17 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Fishers Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,507
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
hey lets keep this on topic guys, after I say Street racing is stupid, at the track (here) you do pick who you run with, also u can race as fast as you can get back in line. i have to go with chips on that one
__________________
Charles
2006 F150 4x4 with the 5.4L V8
Fishers Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 09:30 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
oaktonarcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,177
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
it also depends what the c5 had in it, if it was a convertible with an auto u might have had a jump on him when he tried to down shift...
__________________
Delta Sigma Phi
building better men since 1899


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 10:31 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Fishers Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,507
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktonarcher
it also depends what the c5 had in it, if it was a convertible with an auto u might have had a jump on him when he tried to down shift...
they make a C5 vert?
__________________
Charles
2006 F150 4x4 with the 5.4L V8
Fishers Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 10:54 AM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
fast64's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,263
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers Stang
they make a C5 vert?
how else are you gonna get a convertible vette, they dont make vert z06's
__________________
-Jimmy I drive a station wagon.
GO BRAVES
fast64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 11:41 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by chips
:yank:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
street racing:


http://www.partsamerica.com/Motorspo...ackProgram.asp

http://www.nhra.com/streetlegal/stats.html



http://www.connectingwithkids.com/ti..._nov3/rac.html

yeah, it's just as safe to race and drive at unsafe speeds on public roads as it is to do the same on the track


http://www.vanmag.com/0204/speed.html

at the track:


http://njlawman.com/Articles%202/Drag%20Racing.htm

now 232, this is very interesting... in San Diego, there were no deaths after programs were started that brought street racing to the track. how can you explain this when you say that racing at the track is just as dangerous?

the following link shows the NHRA rules and regulations - most of which are in place to keep racers safe...

http://www.racewaypark.com/main/rules.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit: 232 owned! don't think i didn't see you looking at this thread under the "who's online" section for 10 minutes trying to think of a response before you logged off :pancake:
i didnt read any of that but just because it is you :yank:
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 11:42 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers Stang
hey lets keep this on topic guys, after I say Street racing is stupid, at the track (here) you do pick who you run with, also u can race as fast as you can get back in line. i have to go with chips on that one
the tracks over here are packed with people, and the conditions are crap
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 12:53 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Sounds like your tracks are just crap. I street race...did it several times on my thousand mile trip through 4 states this weeked....
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 12:54 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Sounds like your tracks are just crap. I street race...did it several times on my thousand mile trip through 4 states this weeked....
yes la tracks are crap
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 01:03 PM   #26
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
On topic was whether or not SilverStang could beat a C5... not whether street racing is cool or not. Where did this happen SS? lol, we need to meet up, I wanna see that beast.

I think I'm just not going to state my opinion on street racing, because it's a real fine line, imho.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 02:14 PM   #27
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy
 
Zim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 4,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers Stang
they make a C5 vert?
yeah...
__________________

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 09:27 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 65
Send a message via AIM to chips
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
i didnt read any of that but just because it is you :yank:
which i know is a complete lie seeing as how you were looking at this thread for at least ten minutes before logging off

and you wonder why i always rag on you
__________________
Quote:
the only reason Dr. Dre produced "The Chronic" because the bible tells you to smoke lots of pot, and Oedipus used to blaze with the makers of Aqua Fresh tooth paste.
chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 09:44 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dark02Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,527
Send a message via AIM to Dark02Pony
:swordfigh
__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...rtandgrill.jpg
Operation: Evolutionization.......Member #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
Ford Motor Company = FoMoCo..
what does that make Honda Motor Company????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
Mineral Gray is such a hott color. Much better then orange
Dark02Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 09:53 PM   #30
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Take it to pms Chips and 232stang, neither of you are going to change your opinion on street racing so just drop it.

Street Racing posts are only allowed in the Lounge so its moved.

Alrighty then....
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 09:56 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 65
Send a message via AIM to chips
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Take it to pms Chips and 232stang, neither of you are going to change your opinion on street racing so just drop it.
ah, can't i have just a little more fun with him
__________________
Quote:
the only reason Dr. Dre produced "The Chronic" because the bible tells you to smoke lots of pot, and Oedipus used to blaze with the makers of Aqua Fresh tooth paste.
chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 10:04 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dark02Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,527
Send a message via AIM to Dark02Pony
haha brent just owned this whole thread
__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...rtandgrill.jpg
Operation: Evolutionization.......Member #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
Ford Motor Company = FoMoCo..
what does that make Honda Motor Company????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
Mineral Gray is such a hott color. Much better then orange
Dark02Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 10:15 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark02Pony
haha brent just owned this whole thread
well of course he does he owns the site
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 10:16 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by chips
which i know is a complete lie seeing as how you were looking at this thread for at least ten minutes before logging off

and you wonder why i always rag on you
nope i didnt read it, prolly something stupid any way
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 10:18 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 65
Send a message via AIM to chips
yeah, probably.
__________________
Quote:
the only reason Dr. Dre produced "The Chronic" because the bible tells you to smoke lots of pot, and Oedipus used to blaze with the makers of Aqua Fresh tooth paste.
chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
i BEAT a 5.0 Zebs5408 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 21 10-22-2009 07:02 AM
CANT BEAT IT! SaleenFiend The Bar 8 06-03-2009 09:50 AM
Bought What Beat Me stanger04 The Bar 22 07-01-2006 02:21 PM
what cars can i beat??? bluestang1724 The Bar 13 05-07-2006 08:00 PM
just beat a 5.0 Kyle The Bar 42 07-27-2005 10:49 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:01 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.