the suspension - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-07-2005, 01:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Talking the suspension

Alright guys as you can see by my sig, my car sits a little high. Im not used to this im used to my civic which is just a few inches off the ground. So these are my questions the guy who built the car, I believe built it just for a track car, I dont go to the track I just enjoy driving it as a fun car. Alright he has these suspension mods done to it. Sub-Frame connectors. Adjustable upper control arms, and SouthSide lowers. 50/50 rear shocks, and 90/10 front.
When I turn the car it tends to be really hard to turn, I love the way the car hooks up when you push down the throttle, but I want it to be able to handle better around the turns, not like a f1 car or anything just a little better turning. How can I do this and still have excellent straight line traction?
More straight line traction then turning!
Does anyone know?

Just living out the blessings Gods given me, one mile at a time!

So many Struggles, So many Trials, So many reasons for me to Fall, But I have all Strength, And I have all Power, And I will Bury You!
theglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2005, 02:49 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
I would recommend gettnig H&R springs along with a 5 lug conversion and 03 cobra rims/tires finish up with good handeling shocks/struts adn MM lower control arms it will handel really good and not TOTAly break the bank, you can do it in stages, those SSM lowers are GREAT for the track but BLOW for daily driving and cornering... so ditch them, they dont make them anymore so keep em around, and its not just bolt on they weld plates to the axle brackets that will have to be cut off and if it warped the lca axle mount you need to beat it out with a hammer so inspect this first before ordering the parts ask brent about this ^^^^^ lol

my friend has this set up with PBR twin piston calipers up front (from my car they are CHEAP and make braking SO MUCH nicer on the foxes... sand em sooth and paint em and they look amazing.

make SURE the subframes are full length and welded in, if they are not get some they are cheap and weld em in, make sure to coat em with anti rust stuff.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 02:58 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Well really im not worried about the brakes they are stock, but they're ok. I really just need to know what should I do to the front suspension, I guess. Since wheneve I have to stop quickly for a red light or something all the weight shifts to the front and makes it harder to stop. So if I just change out those front springs and struts would that work?

Just living out the blessings Gods given me, one mile at a time!

So many Struggles, So many Trials, So many reasons for me to Fall, But I have all Strength, And I have all Power, And I will Bury You!
theglory is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang