Mustang Evolution Forum banner

need new headers

3K views 56 replies 20 participants last post by  Ninethourpm 
#1 ·
hey i really wanted to know if anyone was looking to sell headers or if they knew the best place i could buy them. i was also wondering if any one could help me decide between short and long tube headers and which would sound better thanks

#33 ·
When you go by sotp you've spent money and got all excited over your new upgrade and to keep yourself from dissapoint you go into your car thinking you have already gained horsepower. Oh and by the way the reason we tell you to buy a v8 is because what else comes with it and the greater potential. When you buy a gt you have already gained hp and you have a car that is setup for a v8 computer tranny rear end suspension. Also if you put 5,000 in a v6 mustang and 5,000 in a v8 mustang the v8 will always win. ALL OF THIS WAS FACT NOT OPINION.

#34 ·
95% of all mustang GT owners do not mod just the guys on here so 5K you should beat 95% of the GT's how Many GT have you Passed that sound like your grandma car those you should beat

#35 ·
I don't know, most of the 99-04 GT's by me are modded to some degree. Those are the ones you really have to worry about. You have to put a lot into a v6 (especially an auto) to even compete with a 5spd 99-04 GT.

I'm not sure about 95%...a 2v GT is such a popular car because for the price, you get a decent starting platform and the modding options are insane.

#36 ·
I must be one of the 5% cuz i'm getting ready to put a forged stroker kit in my car. And head work. You misunderstood me about the 5k think i'm saying if i put 5k in my engine and say sonicpony (just an example bro) put 5k in his car i would win everytime. I'm just saying money in a v8 goes alot further than in a v6. I'm not saying sell your v6 if your wanting a **** ton of power then i would tell you to,but if your looking for a lil gain then i would recomend keeping your car.

#37 ·
^^^yah, but if I put one of those super ricer wings on and a pair of awesome fart cannons with the chrome tips that automatically give me 30 rwhp, I'd prolly beat ya :D

#39 ·
I agree 110% v8 has way more potential that not what I'm saying (95% are buying a car and calling it a mussle car and never put anything into it, real Car Nuts will put more Power in it Even if it Had 1000hp (most GT are Not modded)

#41 ·
I get what your sayin now kids buy a s197 stang gt memorize the hp rating and just tell everyone its badass. I agree.

On the topic think about what your going to do to the engine in the future and if you don't tune for more air/fuel or boost then I wouldn't go for the long tubes. Just get your gameplan together and let us now how it goes.

#43 ·
we do all agree WE LOVE MUSTANG

#48 ·
too late for me to do that. there on and aint no way in hell im doing that again much less twice just to see.

#51 ·
Im guessing a sentra badged as a GTR probably

#52 · (Edited)
^^^Ha, I could see the 94-98 v6 mustangs (145hp) having a 0-60 time that high, but not the 99+ v6's. I think somewhere it said that the auto GT mustang (05-09) was around 6.5 or something for 0-60. There's no way manual GT's are that slow.

The fastest sentra from 2000-2006 is that SE-R Spec V, rated at 175hp and 180 tq. I think it'd close between a 99+ v6, but it wouldn't stand a chance against any GT.

The newer ones (07-09) had 200hp and 180 tq. They might be quicker than the v6's but still would get whooped by a GT.

#53 ·
I donno about spec V but i have beat a sentra SER from a light. It was shortly after 5am and he reved at me at the light. so when i saw crossing traffic light turn yellow i reved to 3K rpm and when it turned green i droped the clutch. Chirped a lil and i was 1 length ahead, when i shifted to second he got the nose of his car beside me but once i let the clutch out he went right back and then hit his brakes. So i just went on driving normal.

#56 ·
Ya know, despite their hideous appearance, I see a lot of people driving them. A couple of hot chicks drive them in my town.

#57 ·
My sister drives one, She used to have a maxima. my other sister has a dodge avenger and the rest of my family is all ford. in-laws included

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.