Update on track times - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-16-2005, 12:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Update on track times

Well i went to my local strip yesterday and got a new best despite them running a Pro-tree and me thinking they were running a sportsman tree.

new 1/4-16.06 @85.88
new best reaction was .7632

All i want is to hit 15's in this car

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2005, 03:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to red herring
you will have absolutely no problem hitting 15's with a better reaction. How many runs did you get in?
red herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 04:47 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Quote:
Originally Posted by timpryor
Well i went to my local strip yesterday and got a new best despite them running a Pro-tree and me thinking they were running a sportsman tree.

new 1/4-16.06 @85.88
new best reaction was .7632

All i want is to hit 15's in this car
reaction time has NOTHING to do with what you run in a car, the 3 most important data sets for a track run are your 60ft time, your end quarter mile time and your mph..

PUT YOUR 60 FT TIME DOWN!

lol with a 2.2 you are doing good with an auto with a manual go for 2.1 to a 2.0 with street tires, keep in mind every .1 you remove from a 60ft time is going to be .2 off yoru quater mile, so if you ran a 2.8 60ft by shaving it down to a 2.2 you could (theoretically) do a 1.2 second better run... horrid traction wont hold for this... but if you keep it in the sub 2.5 60fts that forumla should work very close.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2005, 09:08 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
reaction time has NOTHING to do with what you run in a car, the 3 most important data sets for a track run are your 60ft time, your end quarter mile time and your mph..
I don't mean to be disagreeable but how can you say reaction time has NOTHING to do with what you run? Your reaction time is kinda just time you're sitting there being timed while doing nothing isn't it? If you did the same run with a better reaction time your time will theoretically be that much faster wouldn't it? Or does it not start timing you until after you've left?

Just to make the numbers bigger so that I understand, say the light turned green and your reaction time was three whole seconds, would your time be three seconds slower or does it not start timing you until you leave anyway? Because if it starts timing you when the light turns green then reaction time can shave that much off your run, however much you can shave off until you have a perfect reaction time.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:34 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

SpectorV is right reaction is just for self satisfaction. if you sit and wait for 4 seconds on your reaction it wont affect your ET. your 1/4 mile time starts whenever you leave the starting line.

my 60ft on that run was a 2.39 i need to get it down to 2.2 and i'll be in the 15's. I'm thinking of a 75 shot eventually.

Old 01-17-2005, 12:32 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
SpectorV is right reaction is just for self satisfaction. if you sit and wait for 4 seconds on your reaction it wont affect your ET. your 1/4 mile time starts whenever you leave the starting line.

my 60ft on that run was a 2.39 i need to get it down to 2.2 and i'll be in the 15's. I'm thinking of a 75 shot eventually.
I didn't know that, so you can actually leave three seconds later and finish two seconds after the other person and have a one second faster time and win even though you finished second? That is kinda strange, hahaha. I think next time I go, instead of staging I'm just going to blow through it and go down, hahaha.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:48 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

no you will still lose however it does not affect your time, in most rules its whoever crosses the line 1st wins

pro tree=t'eh suck
sportsman tree= t'eh win

we were running pro tree and my 1st run i didn't know that so i took off a little late

Old 01-17-2005, 01:44 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Nice Times man, my car is running a 16.1, I need to get my 60ft times down too and I will be in the 15's too. Anyway good luck on getting into the 15's. Oh yeah and my best reaction time on sportsman tree is .500.
reverse indiglo guages
nice system
clear corners
euro taillights
50mm TB halfshafted P&P from RPM
auto6banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 03:41 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
no you will still lose however it does not affect your time, in most rules its whoever crosses the line 1st wins
Ahh, i see. I have never really had a close race at the track, you could always clearly tell who won or lost. I didn't know it didn't time that. Some guy on here had a 1.8 60ft. with a v6 auto. He had nitrous but I can't imagine using it too much in the first 60 ft. He did well though
Old 01-17-2005, 11:28 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

He's right you can sit at the line for 10 minutes & get the same E.T.
I have an 01GT w/ frpp 3:73's, sportline springs, wms cold-air w/95mm mass-air, (ceramic) BBK equal length headers (ceramic) mac 70mm t. body, trickflow intake plenium, mac pro-chamber, flowmaster catback, Nitto drags, NX N20 150hp jets, & some good predator tuning! Best E.T. 11.79 @ 118.4mph :drive:

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\jon.straszewski\Desktop\TOP ****y to bar 020.JPG[/IMG]
Js281GT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang