Wow what a race! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-25-2005, 05:06 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Smile Wow what a race!

was heading to my car and I saw a white Subaru WRX STi go by in the parking lot. I got in my car and oddly enough it was going the same way I was going. It even turned left on Wilbur which is the street I take. I decide to see if they guy wants to just whoop my *** and make me smile so I go by him. We both get to a red light and I'm just sitting there. I'm thinking he's not biting and he's just your average snob guy here who has a high performance car but won't let loose even if no one is around and we have a long stretch of empty road ahead of us.

Vrooom... Vrooom....

Ah crap, he starts reving his engine a little as the light pauses a few seconds before it turns green. When it hits green, my car launches off the line as fast as it can, but the sound of the turbo spoiling up and pushing the car into full throttle send the STi flying past me like I never moved from my spot. I laughed and smiled, I knew my 190hp V6 Mustang was no where near competition to this 300hp turbo'd 4cyl. I came up next to him and we both slowed down a bit to like.. 15-10mph. I told him I loved how his car sounds, asked if he has done any upgrades to the car. He said just the exhaust was changed out. Meanwhile his girl friend in the passenger seat leaned up to get a look at me. I told him I love the STi's, gorgeous cars. He said he was going to get it Dyno'd this week at a local shop. We then took off, we were by each other for a couple more lights, he let me have a good 2-3 second head start then he'd fly by me lol It was all in good fun, we were smiling and enjoying ourselves.

It was really cool. That's what it is all about, no grudge racing or anything. Nothing like, "Hey dude if I had a super charger I could totally have whooped you and your ****ty car." No trash talk, just people and their cars after work. We never got higher than 50mph, race never lasted that long

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2005, 06:31 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Send a message via AIM to NorwegianMustang Send a message via MSN to NorwegianMustang Send a message via Yahoo to NorwegianMustang
That's cool, wish anyone over here would race me just for the hell of it. Guess the Mustang scares them too much over here.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:07 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
very nice
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2005, 09:41 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Send a message via AIM to 232stang01 Send a message via Yahoo to 232stang01
see, why can't more people act like that?
232stang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:24 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
was heading to my car and I saw a white Subaru WRX STi go by in the parking lot. I got in my car and oddly enough it was going the same way I was going. It even turned left on Wilbur which is the street I take. I decide to see if they guy wants to just whoop my *** and make me smile so I go by him. We both get to a red light and I'm just sitting there. I'm thinking he's not biting and he's just your average snob guy here who has a high performance car but won't let loose even if no one is around and we have a long stretch of empty road ahead of us.

Vrooom... Vrooom....

Ah crap, he starts reving his engine a little as the light pauses a few seconds before it turns green. When it hits green, my car launches off the line as fast as it can, but the sound of the turbo spoiling up and pushing the car into full throttle send the STi flying past me like I never moved from my spot. I laughed and smiled, I knew my 190hp V6 Mustang was no where near competition to this 300hp turbo'd 4cyl. I came up next to him and we both slowed down a bit to like.. 15-10mph. I told him I loved how his car sounds, asked if he has done any upgrades to the car. He said just the exhaust was changed out. Meanwhile his girl friend in the passenger seat leaned up to get a look at me. I told him I love the STi's, gorgeous cars. He said he was going to get it Dyno'd this week at a local shop. We then took off, we were by each other for a couple more lights, he let me have a good 2-3 second head start then he'd fly by me lol It was all in good fun, we were smiling and enjoying ourselves.

It was really cool. That's what it is all about, no grudge racing or anything. Nothing like, "Hey dude if I had a super charger I could totally have whooped you and your ****ty car." No trash talk, just people and their cars after work. We never got higher than 50mph, race never lasted that long
I wish I was there, can't find one to race for the life of me.
I have an 01GT w/ frpp 3:73's, sportline springs, wms cold-air w/95mm mass-air, (ceramic) BBK equal length headers (ceramic) mac 70mm t. body, trickflow intake plenium, mac pro-chamber, flowmaster catback, Nitto drags, NX N20 150hp jets, & some good predator tuning! Best E.T. 11.79 @ 118.4mph :drive:

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\jon.straszewski\Desktop\TOP ****y to bar 020.JPG[/IMG]
Js281GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:02 AM   #6
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
good story seph. I'm with you about the "no grudge racing" and stuff.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 03:43 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

There are tons of STi's around this area. A few EVO VIII's, but you don't see them much during the day. I normally see a bunch at night, and most of the Evo drivers dont' do anything.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:48 PM   #8
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I raced a wrx sti on the interestate and I didn't even know! (seriously lol)

I am on the phone and I pass the guy in the left lane doing 80.. pull over in front of him... well i am looking in my rear view mirror at him because I knew it was a sti and I know how most of those guys around here are.... as soon as I pulled over in front of him he slung over in the left lane and rode beside me for 30 seconds waiting on me to do something... this is at 9:30 at night mind you with me on the phone. i don't want to race this guy for starters but apparently he wants to so i just floor it for about 5 seconds and let off as he goes by me at least 110 ... I was pushing 95 when he flew past me.

Well I was hoping there was a cop up ahead because it goes from 65 > 45 real fast and they just love to sit there and write tickets all day... but no luck

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 03:52 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Dark02Pony
im definitely with you on the no grudge racing, you dont see that much around here on the streets, just a buncha ricers or people with fast cars that are ********
Operation: Evolutionization.......Member #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
Ford Motor Company = FoMoCo..
what does that make Honda Motor Company????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
Mineral Gray is such a hott color. Much better then orange
Dark02Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 03:54 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

I only hope he thinks he beat a V6 Mustang That was my main concern, I didn't want him to go brag later about him beating a v8 Mustang

Old 01-25-2005, 04:07 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

He could beat a stock one anyway.
I have an 01GT w/ frpp 3:73's, sportline springs, wms cold-air w/95mm mass-air, (ceramic) BBK equal length headers (ceramic) mac 70mm t. body, trickflow intake plenium, mac pro-chamber, flowmaster catback, Nitto drags, NX N20 150hp jets, & some good predator tuning! Best E.T. 11.79 @ 118.4mph :drive:

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\jon.straszewski\Desktop\TOP ****y to bar 020.JPG[/IMG]
Old 01-25-2005, 04:09 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
I only hope he thinks he beat a V6 Mustang That was my main concern, I didn't want him to go brag later about him beating a v8 Mustang
Unless a 2005 of coarse

Old 01-25-2005, 04:25 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
yea i used to do that kind of racing alot back and fourth to my work. its nice when ppl are cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 06:47 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
I'll bet he got above 50 MPH

a few times
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 08:47 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
nah most the people i know are edumacated on the sounds of engines, so much that we can tell a 5.0 from a 4.6 a half block away, tell if its a 1.8l or 1.6 honda, and tell if it has vtec before they even come by. he knew you were a 6er. but knowing the subbie guys hes gonna go back and say he spanked a gt.

i wish more people could be like that. my freind raced a newer saleen on the freeway a week ago and got him by a few cars. i tried to get the saleen guy to race me(me and my freind have the same mods) and he wouldnt even look our way. so we were just driving and he puts on his blinker and has it on for a really long time, then merges off, so i follow. i get next to him and he just gives me this stare(big mexican guy, thought he was tough ****) i rolled down the window and said "dude that thing sounds sick, follow me to chilis" cause that was on the road and i wanted to know if he had anything done. so he nods and were driving, then all of a sudden he drops it into 2nd and looks at me. im like fine you want to act tough, i can act tough too and i drop it into 2nd flick the switch and we go at it, end of 2nd im already a car ahead, hit 3rd pull a car more. so i slow down and he gets behind me, i go to pull into chillis and he flies out from behind me, revs it, drops the clutch, does a nice spin and gets a little sideways and takes off. guess he didnt like small talk.

oh and my freind taped their race on the freeway. i wish the guy wasnt such an *** cause i wanted to check out his car and make sure it was a real saleen, cause it was definately a 4.6 and had a saleen kit and badges.
http://home.comcast.net/~thcue/THCue_VS_Saleen.avi

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 12:10 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Why bother buying an expensive car if you aren't going to let loose sometimes?

link isn't working for me either Eclipse

Old 01-26-2005, 06:17 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
ah it should be now, our site went down thismorning cause the owners little son unplugged everything so he can plug in his lite-brite. try it now.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:25 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

what car did your friend have?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang