Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Shifting feel

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  red pony V6 
#1 ·
I just drove my friend's 2000 Prelude, 5 speed...and driving my car vs. driving his car, I can feel a major difference in the shifting. On mine it feels like there is metal down there and it gives resistence when say, i shift into first while going 30mph, then when I slow down a little more, there is less resistence, not that it won't let me put it into first going 30mph but...

however, in his prelude, there is NO resistence when shifting into any gear at any speed at all. It doesn't even feel like the lever is hardly connected to anything, and it doesn't feel like there is metal under there either...

not saying one is better or anything (maybe one is, i donno), but why are they so different?

#2 ·
thats what you get when you have fwd and there is a long ass bar going to the tranny... at least if its fwd which i think it is...

even on my friends nissan which is rwd his shifter is like a noodle no real feel to it.... its just an import thing, i dont like it.

#5 ·
I dunno, the 05 I drove was pretty nice. It shifted a little better than the 99-04's, but still had that definite shift when you went from gear to gear. I gotta get ahold of another 05 to test out *searches for dealership that doesn't have his face memorized*

#7 ·
yeah i drove my friend's Acura RSX type S and that thing's got some smooth shifting. it was so effortless it made me jealous - not because he has an import but because the fact that i have to jump into my back seat to shift into 2nd, and jump back up on the dashboard to put it in 3rd and so on. i'm hoping when i get a short throw shifter what will change. :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.