Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Procharger Help

4K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  bluemustang 
#1 · (Edited)
Powerdyne system

ok looking into a complete powerdyne system...easier to install and safer.

#2 ·
the 7psi kit does not hurt the engine if you have enough fuel. The intercooled 11psi kit does not hurt the engine with enough fuel.

You need the 11psi kit (don't be a wussy, get 11psi) -- comes with the intercooler you need
new injectors -- I would do 36# or 42# for guarentee flow
new MAF -- lightning one works well
new fuel pump -- the svt 300lph Focus one drops right in and is cheap
you'll also need a short throw shifter. Not necessary, but the mustang throw is so darn long you need something to fix that :p: I suggest the steeda Tri-ax or pro 5.0.

but the most important thing you need is an hour of dyno tuning time with a wideband O2 sensor. Your air/fuel ratios will be off and you will need to get them corrected in order to have a nice safe engine.

#6 ·
ive heard VERY bad things from powerdyne, could be past issues but definatly research it.... procharger is the best out there, vortech is also extremly good.

#9 ·
i just got my 5psi procharger kit in the mail, before everyone gets on me for the 5psi i am upgrading later i just didnt have money for the injectors maf and all that now the 5psi kit just bolts on. anyways the instructions are great. i havent finished installing it yet i started on it friday and in 4 hours i got the spark plugs installed along with the supercharger all i got left is the intercooler piping and the chip. should be done monday. its easy to install. comes with great instructions and you dont have to relocate you a/c if you have it. plus it comes with a front mount intercooler. so i am happy with my kit. just my experience

#10 ·
jedwards242000 said:
i just got my 5psi procharger kit in the mail, before everyone gets on me for the 5psi i am upgrading later i just didnt have money for the injectors maf and all that now the 5psi kit just bolts on. anyways the instructions are great. i havent finished installing it yet i started on it friday and in 4 hours i got the spark plugs installed along with the supercharger all i got left is the intercooler piping and the chip. should be done monday. its easy to install. comes with great instructions and you dont have to relocate you a/c if you have it. plus it comes with a front mount intercooler. so i am happy with my kit. just my experience
What is the price for that kit?

#14 ·
i dunno why he hates so much on procharger he doesnt even own one. I do and even at low ass psi my car feels damn strong. and havent had a single issue to date *knocks on wood*

good luck on your s/c hunt, once you get it you'll love it. but im possibly considering an upgrade to turbo

#15 · (Edited)
The biggest problem with Procharger is their self contained oil system they use. They have over the last couple of years had a rather large number of Superchargers have bearing failure within the first year of operation. I have been told that they have fixed the problem. I would be weary of buying a used Procharger unless it has been sent back to ATI to repair the problem especially if the warranty has run out.

#16 ·
bluemustang said:
i dunno why he hates so much on procharger he doesnt even own one. I do and even at low ass psi my car feels damn strong. and havent had a single issue to date *knocks on wood*

good luck on your s/c hunt, once you get it you'll love it. but im possibly considering an upgrade to turbo
dude i'm not hating, i'm stating facts simple as that

#18 ·
tedness said:
ya i invested in a vortech kit. getting it put on/tuned in march.
How much for the kit? I want one sooooooooooo bad. At 6psi, I will gain 125rwhp

#20 ·
timpryor said:
dude i'm not hating, i'm stating facts simple as that
explain to me how they are facts? your taking peoples personal experiences and calling them facts.

its like people who say nitrous is bad cause they heard a few peoples bad experiences with nitrous.

:disgust:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.