WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinfield2004 View Post
So, I just got done installing my aluminum driveshaft, 65mm throttle body, and hotter coil pack n wires. Is there anything I need to expect, look out for, be aware of, or anything of the such?
Well you should expect to see light but noticeable throttle response due to the tune up and TB. The vehicle should rev 'lighter' or easier due to the loss of Rotating mass on the drive shaft. When you get ready to do the clutch, be sure to use a alum. flywheel.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2009, 04:20 PM   #37
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG

1st thing to do would be post up your DYNO GRAPH, if you don't have it get the shop to email it to you or go demand it.

2nd thing like everybody said, check to make sure you have no leaks of any kind.

3rd the OEM metal gaskets are better than anything you can find. (header gaskets)
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:04 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

Alright, gonna be heading back to the track saturday night to see the results of all my labor over the past 3wks. IF what I have added, removed, fixed doesn't alievate my track time problem. I will be going ahead and changing out my head gaskets. Is this a wise move or no? Bare in mind its a 01 3.8 (supposedly these have head gasket problems), 125,000mi, and I've added a ****-tone of mods to it, one of which is a supercharger.

That, and, would an imcomplete gas cap seal and exhuast leak on cyl #2 contribute to my "slow" track times? 14.4 @ 97 as of 5/9/09. I look forward to hearing what you guys have to say.
rinfield2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2009, 09:19 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Alright, gonna be heading back to the track saturday night to see the results of all my labor over the past 3wks. IF what I have added, removed, fixed doesn't alievate my track time problem. I will be going ahead and changing out my head gaskets. Is this a wise move or no? Bare in mind its a 01 3.8 (supposedly these have head gasket problems), 125,000mi, and I've added a ****-tone of mods to it, one of which is a supercharger.

That, and, would an imcomplete gas cap seal and exhuast leak on cyl #2 contribute to my "slow" track times? 14.4 @ 97 as of 5/9/09. I look forward to hearing what you guys have to say.
An exhaust leak is definitely going to rob you of good E.T.s as a tick on good blood.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:16 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Soooooo, what about my head gaskets? What are your thoughts on that? Replace or no?
Old 05-30-2009, 08:19 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Soooooo, what about my head gaskets? What are your thoughts on that? Replace or no?
Do a compression and leak down test on the vehicle. If the numbers dramatically change b/w cylinders or leak down then you have a head gasket/cylinder head issue. And yes that will definitely rob you of more power.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:15 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

dont your transmission have a shift kit available
dalltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:25 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Yes, there are shift kits available. But I really don't like manuelly shifting it ALL the time. So, what I have done is....reprogrammed it(SCT Excalibrater II handheld). I have dramatically increased my shift pressure through 1st-3rd. I really don't know why more ppl don't go this route more often. So much easier and better. I'd highly recommend it. Its well worth lookin into.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:26 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry I meant, "...I really don't feel like manuelly shifting...."
Old 05-31-2009, 12:32 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Also, Im needing to know if anyone knows where I can get my hands on a parts explosion on my engine, or more specifically, my heads. I just got back from the track, my times were worse than the last time I ran. Im very confident its not a mechanical issue, I'm confident its a seals and gasket issue.

Wanting an explosion of my heads so I can get a general idea of what needs to come apart to change my head gaskets. That and, which should I go for....OEM header gaskets or a set from BBK? Where can I get my hands on an aftermarket head gasket for a 3.8?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang