swap a hemi into a 94 v-6????? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-21-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Cool swap a hemi into a 94 v-6?????

just wanted to know what to change for this hemi i got off craigs list for 500$ with wiring harness has 40,000 miles but its a hemi im not a purist and i know it will take time if you have any comments opinions or advise let me know any info will be appriciated
dalltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2009, 06:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: swap a hemi into a 94 v-6?????

its a 2003
Old 05-21-2009, 09:14 PM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Why do you want to go slower? And a hemi in a mustang? An LSx is bad enough...

But, maybe someone will have some input on how to...but it's going to take a good bit of stuff from the motor mounts/kmember to the electronics and a new trans or at least some sort of bellhousing or adapter to try and get your stock trans to bolt up to the motor...it's going to take a lot of stuff.
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Your v6 mustang already has hemispherical spark positioning (as do most all vehicles) so why would you want a dodge hemi?

Anyway your a tard if you really want to do this. I would love to ban your *** for even considering it...

Edit:
Oh wait... its Dalltx (didn't see who posted thread when I first read it) NO SURPRISE HERE
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:30 PM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
Your v6 mustang already has hemispherical spark positioning (as do most all vehicles) so why would you want a dodge hemi?
Perfect.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Quote:
Anyway your a tard if you really want to do this. I would love to ban your *** for even considering it...

Edit:
Oh wait... its Dalltx (didn't see who posted thread when I first read it) NO SURPRISE HERE
not nice lol

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:49 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Plus, that goddammn thing's got to be way heavier than the 3.8...my guess anyways

Either way I would put that hemi back on craigslist and look for a 5.0 or a 4.6 if you really want to do an engine swap.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

Old 05-21-2009, 10:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Send a message via MSN to bloodyspirit058

Ford Racing Performance Parts [M-6007-TVS*]

might give you some ideas...

if you really really want to do the swap, don't let everyone discourage you, it would be one of a kind, but it might just be a lot easier to build up an engine that will fit in there, and all the money you would spend on fabbing everything to fit could be spent on performance....

1994 GT, stock gears, stock shifter, stock engine, stock rims (or knock offs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti2gsxr
There was a case of the stuff stacked at the end of an aisle. Definately not cold or in the cooler. Also it was over $7 for the two bottles.
bloodyspirit058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:55 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

if your crating up a hemi ain't got **** on a chevy big block
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:31 AM   #10
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG

buy the time you get done custom making motor mounts, swapping in a better rear end, trying to figure out what to do about transmission, wiring up the car, and adding all the weight to it.

You will prob be just as slow as a stock v6 mustang.

And after you dump the money into the project, you will prob be slower than my n/a v6 mustang ;-P with more money spent.
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:08 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by upton7 View Post

A 426 Hemi cranks out almost 100 more HP on a dyno than a Chevy 427 big block
mrjones3133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:23 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to modular2valve Send a message via Yahoo to modular2valve

i think he is planning on installing the late version of the hemi, not the original 426. that crate motor goes for about 10k, so im sure he doesnt have that one. more than likely the 5.7 hemi.

96 GT- Who knows what's in it.
modular2valve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:13 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:

Edit:
As much as it pains me to agree with Saleenfiend I gotta go with him on this one :

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:00 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbstang View Post
As much as it pains me to agree with Saleenfiend I gotta go with him on this one :
I'll take that as a "You and your family can crash at my place anytime you need a visit to the beach"

July 4th Weekend sound good?
BTW I'm totally up for some Busch Gardens
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

well the 5.7 is on the back of my truck i thought it was a steal came with every thing but radiator and my wife for fathersday coming up bought me the t56 trans but not the conversion kit i just saved 200 bucks on that deal buying this hemi (780$ for the conversion kit) you sure its that slow my buddys lighting beat my white freinds hemi truck on a race 5weeks ago by 3 cars lenght but there is a supercharger involved and i can barely keep up with my black freinds chrystler 300 v-6 so im sure the hemi i got would be ideal for racing these guys (work buddies)
Old 05-22-2009, 12:39 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

i was thinking that my cars a little beat up the original owner clint went sideways on the freeway and messed up the door frame on the passenger side so i need a new front end and i saw some carbon fibre door skins do you think that would even out the weight issue and i still havent touched it the hood is new and passenger door but the fender is pretty messed up- i need a motor for my caddilac but its not sporty im thinking twice i know its not stupid but i thought its faster than my old crown victoria's 5.0 so isnt it supposed to give me more speed?
Old 05-22-2009, 12:44 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by upton7 View Post
your completly right but i already have a 455 what do i need smaller blocks for? i just wanted cheap horsepower nos will blow me up and my turbo system is 2 strong for my v-6 came (off my uncles beemer titan turbo) so whats next i already beat the original owner of my mustang he was in his new gt 2001 can a stock mustang motor beat a hemmi?
Old 05-22-2009, 12:47 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

you could ban me but their would be another mexican-american to replace me with something even more diffrent so why bother?
Old 05-22-2009, 01:20 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq

Why not throw the hemi in an old rat rod or something? I looked on craigslist in the major cities of Texas and found plenty of cheap dodge trucks for under 2k you could put it in.
Carbon fiber door skins? Sounds expensive and basically not necessary. The door skins are just light weight sheet metal as it is. NOS would work if you had it tuned. You could get your car tuned for cheaper then putting the hemi in.

The turbo system isn't too difficult either. You set the boost manually and again have it tuned. If you do put the hemi in your v6, it will be such a specialty one off car and won't have much value later on if you need to sell it. Plus I'm not sure how much the hemi weighs but having more weight in the front would throw off handling, so you would need suspension to go along with it.

I would put the motor in something that may have value down the road because it sounds like either way it will be a long and costly project no matter where you put it.

1963 Rambler American 440 2 dr hardtop w/od runs drives 61k miles
Mopar/Duster
1952 Ford F-1,rat rot,hot rod,street rod

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:48 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Send a message via MSN to bloodyspirit058

put it in a 69 charger

and i'm pretty sure the 5.0 outa the crown vic would be better than your v6 if it was stock, since i'm pretty sure most 5.0s are around the same output and your v6 was made in 94 (last year the 5.0 was in a mustang was 95) means that it would be slightly better. now days the v-6's are getting closer to the older 5.0 since the 4.6 is working its way up, the v6 can come up too without outselling the v8.

another good option for your car would be a 4v 4.6, i know someone else mentioned it, but i know a member on here got lucky and got a 4v for his 02 or somethin mustang at a really nice price... you could see if you can sell the hemi for more than you bought it for since you got such a good deal and than buy the 4v and have plently of room for upgrades and mods.

1994 GT, stock gears, stock shifter, stock engine, stock rims (or knock offs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti2gsxr
There was a case of the stuff stacked at the end of an aisle. Definately not cold or in the cooler. Also it was over $7 for the two bottles.
bloodyspirit058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:54 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalltx View Post
i can barely keep up with my black freinds chrystler 300 v-6 so im sure the hemi i got would be ideal for racing these guys (work buddies)
Don't forget, you have the single port v6 pumping out an amazing 145 hp at the crank. Not bashing your mustang or anything, but it is the slowest of the last 3 late model mustangs. I'm guessing the 300 was the 2.7L 178 hp one.

Swapping in a 5.0 or a 4v 4.6 as bloodyspirit mentioned would be the ideal/easier swap. I just think the hemi conversion would be a pain as far as supporting/fitting the engine and adjusting for the additional weight.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:52 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

"black friend , white friend , mexican" Your so racist!!!

96 honda magna vf750, K&N, Vance and Hines pipes Rejetted carbs
Ninethourpm is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang