Predator - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-10-2005, 08:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to soon2bfastr232
Predator

I want to get a predator but i dont know where to get one for the cheapest price. I know i should go with the sct but it will void my warrenty and i dont want that to happen. I want to get one to go along with my 4.10s and t-lok that should be installed in the next week or so.
soon2bfastr232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2005, 08:29 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
A Sct will void your warranty yet a predator won't? How do you figure that?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 09:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to soon2bfastr232
The sct flash tuner wont. I just dont want a chip because that will void my warranty but a flash tuner wont. I didnt know that sct made a flash. Anyway where can i get the predator for the cheapest possible. I would go with sct but the guy whos doin the gears and tlok will beat whatever price i find by $100.
soon2bfastr232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2005, 09:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to steedav6builder
look in the classifieds section i am selling mine.
Selling My Diablosport Predator.
'99 Electric Green Cobra, #2517 of 4040 Built on 5/12/99
'00 Lazer Red V6-Gone but not forgotten

Central Jersey Mustangs and Fords Member #4121
Mid -Atlantic Cobra Association Member #207
steedav6builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 12:07 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

The SCT x-calibrator flasher won't void your warranty, and holds several programs (the predator only holds one program). With the SCT flahser you would have an 87 octane program and a 91-93 oct high performance program. Email me if you are interested in one, vmperf@Bellsouth.net
2006 F250 CC 4x4 6.0L 14.3 @ 93
2006 Mustang 4.0 M5 Vortech 13psi 395RWHP/374RWTQ wife's car
justin00stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 12:36 AM   #6
Regular

Region: Tennessee
If your bound by Predator check out http://machperformance.com

I don't know enough about Predator myself to tell you one way or another I just know what I know and thats SCT

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:50 AM   #7
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
As kind of an FYI, any tuner will kill your warranty. You are changing the internal thinking of the engine. When you update your internal program, a code of 0000 (I think) is stored for a while. This is the same code that gets stored when you disconnect your battery. It gets cleared after the computer re-learns your environment. It takes a number of drive cycles for this to happen. I just can't remember the number right now. This code will get stored when you flash the new tune, and again when you flash the car back stock.

In reality, any mod can void your warranty. It all depends on the mood of the sevice department and/or the warranty inspector guy. But, either way, by law, they need to prove whatever you did to your car caused the issue. They bank on people not knowing that. And if they do prove it, they are only allowed to void the warranty on the area affected by the mod, and not your complete warranty.

As a side note...I would say go with the SCT. The predator has done great by me, but, SCT is the future. It offers a bit more than the predator, and like was stated already, you can have multiple tunes in the unit, unlike the predator.
Old 02-12-2005, 03:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to steedav6builder
i have pics posted of mine in the classifieds section now.
'99 Electric Green Cobra, #2517 of 4040 Built on 5/12/99
'00 Lazer Red V6-Gone but not forgotten

Central Jersey Mustangs and Fords Member #4121
Mid -Atlantic Cobra Association Member #207
steedav6builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 08:36 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
As kind of an FYI, any tuner will kill your warranty. You are changing the internal thinking of the engine. When you update your internal program, a code of 0000 (I think) is stored for a while. This is the same code that gets stored when you disconnect your battery. It gets cleared after the computer re-learns your environment. It takes a number of drive cycles for this to happen. I just can't remember the number right now. This code will get stored when you flash the new tune, and again when you flash the car back stock.

In reality, any mod can void your warranty. It all depends on the mood of the sevice department and/or the warranty inspector guy. But, either way, by law, they need to prove whatever you did to your car caused the issue. They bank on people not knowing that. And if they do prove it, they are only allowed to void the warranty on the area affected by the mod, and not your complete warranty.

As a side note...I would say go with the SCT. The predator has done great by me, but, SCT is the future. It offers a bit more than the predator, and like was stated already, you can have multiple tunes in the unit, unlike the predator.
it's P1000 (just FYI, not trying to sound pompous or anything..) and it's a readiness code for the monitors.. it doesn't tell you the PCM has been reflashed, it simply states not all of the monitors are ready...
I've seen LOTS of old people with this code still in their car after 5 years + because they never drive far enough or in the proper way to clear the monitor check, so it could be related to that, or could be your battery died and you put a new one in, or any number of more bizarre things.. doesn't tell the service department that you were 'chipped' on the other hand if you have long tube headers, shifter, intake and all the exhaust mods a mustang can have they'd probably realize it..

on the other hand your average shop would not void your warranty, unless say a piston melted down due to excessive detonation and found signs of aftermarket PCM tampering..
Old 02-13-2005, 10:14 PM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
it's P1000 (just FYI, not trying to sound pompous or anything..) and it's a readiness code for the monitors.. it doesn't tell you the PCM has been reflashed, it simply states not all of the monitors are ready...
I've seen LOTS of old people with this code still in their car after 5 years + because they never drive far enough or in the proper way to clear the monitor check, so it could be related to that, or could be your battery died and you put a new one in, or any number of more bizarre things.. doesn't tell the service department that you were 'chipped' on the other hand if you have long tube headers, shifter, intake and all the exhaust mods a mustang can have they'd probably realize it..

on the other hand your average shop would not void your warranty, unless say a piston melted down due to excessive detonation and found signs of aftermarket PCM tampering..
Right, it is a bogus code, but, it seems to be the one that a lot of dealerships bring up when an 03/04 cobra goes in for service. The reason being, they are assuming that because you have this code, you have messed with the computer. I know 4 separate guys that went through some PITA litigation over that code. I know the odds of someone making that assumption on a V6 is much lower, but still...if they can find a way to avoid doing the work on their own dime, they will. It's getting harder and harder to find mod friendly dealerships these days.

Either way, I still say go with SCT. It will offer more flexibility in the future...IMO.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang