Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Headers

3K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Danger Dude 
#1 ·
i think i want long tube headers. Which brand should i buy. How much will it cost for someone to install these. Also where can i get them installed.
Oh yeah a 03 V6

#7 ·
LT's are a good idea, even with stock motor.
The stock 99^ "tubular exhaust manifolds"
are the worst V6 "headers" to date, so
even a 94-98 set is a good upgrade.

LT's, Cam, Intake porting and a chip...

You're DONE for a nice street 3.8!!!
Head porting is not needed for most.

#10 ·
If you are going to pay someone to install the headers I would hold off until you really need them. I agree with RGR the 99+ manifolds are crap but with the cost of installing probably will be more than you paid for the headers you have diminishing return. Since your car motor is stock you will gain almost nothing installing them.

So price per performance gain is not as good as other things like Gears and Tlok, UDP or other mods. When you get to the point where you are doing P&P Heads, cams and intakes you should think about headers

Just my 2 cents.

#11 ·
Danger Dude said:
If you are going to pay someone to install the headers I would hold off until you really need them. I agree with RGR the 99+ manifolds are crap but with the cost of installing probably will be more than you paid for the headers you have diminishing return.

So price per performance gain is not as good as other things like Gears and Tlok, UDP or other mods. When you get to the point where you are doing P&P Heads, cams and intakes you should think about headers

Just my 2 cents.
Since your car motor is stock you will gain almost nothing installing them.
This is the only part I disagree with, but the gains wil be less for a stock engine.
They do help build TORQUE, and we need all we can get! However a good 4.2
stroker makes better torque than a 4.6 V8 so that is really nice :D

Later when you do the porting it is the best time. But if you want I have a
set of 94-98 headers, very nice set, that I will let go of reasonably.
Pretty easy install too, you could do it at home.

#12 · (Edited)
RGR said:
They do help build TORQUE, and we need all we can get! However a good 4.2
stroker makes better torque than a 4.6 V8 so that is really nice :D
OK I will agree with that!!! ;)

I would be all for spending money on Long tube headers if you installed them yourself. But paying anywhere from 200+ for installation you could have gears and tloc installed and that is a greater performance gain on a stock motor than Headers. it would be somthing the "BUTT DYNO" can actually feel HAHAHAHAHA

But a good deal on 94-98 headers would be nice and much less to install. Installers will gouge on long tubes because of all the extra work and the PITA it can be

#16 ·
coolstang said:
hey 97Stallion i found some longtube headers on www.v6mustangstuff.com they want 259.99 i think u should go lower on the Price :D ;) :cool: Anyways wherever i get how much would it cost for someone to put them on. Would a exhaust shop do it????
I can beat that price!! Is that price shipped?

#20 ·
OK I got your price, it's gonna be $21 for shipping and the price of the LT's is $250, so ya make is $270 even and they're yours. Oh ya, if you want an O/R H-pipe for the LT's it's gonna cost $150 for that and shipping for both of them is $33. So combined make it $430 shipped.

#21 ·
My shorty headers were a real beyotch to put on but that was before I had a full socket set :wink:

Shorty's helped my sound a bit but like RGR said, I wish I had waited till after I had gotten major upgrades like heads or a cam before I got them. I need to get a set of Longtubes when I do all that though..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.