Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Why the Cold-Air Intake ?

Tags
cai
4K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  ttpancakes 
#1 · (Edited)
Why the Cold-Air Induction modification ?

I read all these threads about the Cold-Air intake and was wondering how much different does it make or what exactly does it do ?

#3 ·
It's a good starter mod...

Not only does it allow you to actually work on the engine of your car (help you gain familiarity with it for future mods), but it actually compliments those future mods. Because of the more "unrestricted" airflow, your engine can breathe better, allowing it to run more efficiently and help improve your gas milage. It's not going to give you those 15 hp gains that all the sites advertise. It will eventually seem that way, though, once you get other mods to build on (kinda like getting cams w/o having your intakes ported and polished).

Hope that helps =P

#7 ·
tedness said:
never got a CAI...too busy worrying about water gettin in.
Why would you worry bout water getting your engine? Their is a VERY big misconception that water is bad for your engine. In fact water is very good for your engine. You read that right. It's good for the engine. Water use to be used on everything back in the day. Planes, trains, and automobiles. Now I'm not saying fill your gas tank up with water, but as long as you keep the water intake to a VERY little amount and you can atomize the droplets, you'll create more hp and have a better, cleaner running engine.

#8 ·
you will notice absolutly nothing, possibly a tad more feel up top, but its mainly just what you think you feel due to the more noise the car will make, they look good and they probably do help a tiny bit, dont expect more than a tenth of a second off your car, get a 120lb friend to ride with you and compare the car before and after you ride with them, thats about how a cai will feel... probably not even that much of a difference.

#15 ·
ours suck air from the fenderwell which is completely closed off to the elements. the only reaosn u here about the whole water thing is because on the imports alot of the CAI goes down to the ground and is literally 7 inches form the road my friends civic is like this and my friend avenger is the same. thats why u always see those little sponge things sumwhere in the tubing those are to to stop the water from reaching the engine CAI are fine cheap make the car sound nicer and make the engine bay look cooler. jus get ebay one 40 bux

#17 ·
Choppa said:
ours suck air from the fenderwell which is completely closed off to the elements. the only reaosn u here about the whole water thing is because on the imports alot of the CAI goes down to the ground and is literally 7 inches form the road my friends civic is like this and my friend avenger is the same. thats why u always see those little sponge things sumwhere in the tubing those are to to stop the water from reaching the engine CAI are fine cheap make the car sound nicer and make the engine bay look cooler. jus get ebay one 40 bux
Exactly what I did. I believe that mine was made for a different year other than the 04' although i got it to work!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.