Help please!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-07-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
Region: Oklahoma
Send a message via MSN to Break-Formula
Help please!!

I own an 04 v6 mustang it doesnt have any mods on it.. It's just an 40th anniversary model.. My parents just bought my brother a 69 chevelle w/ a 350 stroker in it.
I'm wanting to know what I can do to my wimpy v6 to keep up with him.
Soon as I get a job I'm gonna start upgrading, paying for insurance, and gas. I would just save for a GT but then my insurance goes wayy up..
I would like to know some things I could do for my v6 so I could keep up w/ his..
Links would be helpful as well plz. Could I just find like a wrecked GT and maybe throw that motor into mine. My dads a mechanic so anything I need to do he can help and tell me what to do.. Any help would be appreciated..
I read the sticky at the top by rpg or what i can't remember..
But I just need some help..

Break-Formula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: West Virgina
Re: Help please!!

start here but you have a long way to go

Billet fuel door, Daiblo 91 Tune, Xenon ram air hood scoop, MAC performance direct fit headers, 3" 304 SS Dual exhaust, hood pin appearance kit, Red l.E.D. underbody lights, Boy Racer rear wing, Helix power tower plus Throttle body spacer, ventvisor deflector, Aeroform chin spoiler, SVT 18" 9.5 45/255 frount SVT 18" 9.5 40/285 rear trire , GTO rear blackout kit, OEM rear splash guards, Steeda CAI, 8.8 rear axle with 3.73.1 LSD, killer Glass Hose, Smoked Window Louvers by GT Styling 35% Tenting on rear and side windows.
2007STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Oregon
Send a message via MSN to bloodyspirit058

the wrecked gt thing sounds good. especially with your dad being a mechanic, you'll have someone to help, plus you'll learn a lot more about your car that way. also, since the engine will be out of the car and you'll have a working car, you won't necessarily be in a hurry to put it in the car, so you can take your time and put performance parts in/on the engine a little easier than if it was in the car.

also another thing would be to change your final drive ratio. probably find a rear end off of a gt. this will give you the 8.8 rear end (i'm not sure what rear end the 04 v6s had) and the locking differential so you don't have to buy one.

if you want to keep it a v6, i've seen a couple posts using an m112 s/c or something, you could research that a little if you wanted to go that route.
It's cheaper to be beat a viper than to lose in one.

1994 GT, stock gears, stock shifter, stock engine, stock rims (or knock offs).

Originally Posted by sti2gsxr
There was a case of the stuff stacked at the end of an aisle. Definately not cold or in the cooler. Also it was over $7 for the two bottles.
bloodyspirit058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:33 PM   #4
Registered Member
Region: Louisiana

find a wrecked termy and put the drivetrain into your car. that would be ideal but expensive for the parts car. if at all possable try to find a doner car with atleast the 4v v8 in it.

March 2010 Mustangevolution Mustang of the Month 1st eva biatch!
DarkShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:22 PM   #5
Registered Member
Region: Wisconsin

Well, it's easier to help you since you have a goal for your car

The easiest way would be to sell the v6 and buy a v8, but if that's entirely out of the question, there are many different routes you can go.

The quickest way to keep up with the chevelle while keeping the v6 would be a power adder ~ supercharger, turbo, nitrous and a well built engine. Do realize you have to beef up the suspension, drivetrain, and possibly some engine internals to handle the extra load. This can get costly considering just the supercharger/turbo usually costs around $3500-5000.

You could do the v8 swap as stated above. I would look for a 4v as darkshadows said. It is leaps ahead of the GT's 2v, and has more hp: 99/01 ~ 300-320, 03/04 termi ~ 390
Though if you had to, the GT v8 would still be better than the v6. A donor car would make the swap easier. If you're not a manual already, you may want to consider that as well.

Doing the v8 swap is probably the more sensible route, since your dad is a mechanic, you won't have to worry about labor costs. Plus spending 5k+ on a supercharger for the v6 will only get you up to where the v8's start performance-wise, as to where you get the v8, it only gets better from there once you start modding.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l 2.6 Pulley/Idler l Airaid l o/r X l 305 NT555R's l Recaros l

04 Azure Blue Mach 1 / 03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 14 Sterling Grey F150 FX4 402A 5.0 / 11 GT500 R.I.P.
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang