4:10 gears problem/shifts - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:33 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
4:10 gears problem/shifts

OK guys i have a problem and im to the point that i want to get rid of my car because its a Fu**en pain!

i got 4:10 gears about 4 weeks ago and for some reason this guy has not been able to fix my speedo through programing. He says that he got the new program and put it in last friday. Now the car is worse, because now it is still showing 15 mph over what im actually going,
and it doesnt downshift properly, i can take my foot off the gas and by the time actually starts to slow down 30 seconds have passed by. it holds on to the shifts for too long, my car actually stalled going from 2nd to 1st 2 times.

he says that the problems were caused because it was raining and my harness for the ecu might have gotten a little wet.
can anyone tell me what the hell is wrong other then the plain fact that it seems like the tuning it just WRONG.

anyone?

by the way this is my last attempt to get this car working properly. i am at the end, i do not have the time for this utter bullsh#t. thank you in advance guys.
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Re: 4:10 gears problem/shifts

I say the tuner is full of it Time to get hold of a new tuner I don't know what tuner you are running but SCT3 can change the gear ratio without needing a whole new tune.

contact TPS or Brenspeed maybe they'll will help you change the settings without buying a new tune

If you have a SCT Just load the 93 tune and choose change optional parameters and eventually gear ratio will come up and change it to 4.10If your auto there are adjustments that have to be made in the tune for your transmission to shift according to the new gears.you may want to contact one of the tuners for that

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

What Herb said....
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2009, 02:51 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

ok, im actually giving this guy one more shot, then im taking it somewhere else. another problem is that i dont know how to load a tune, if i did, i could do it myself.
He used a sniper tuner by the way.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

never used that one before.

you may want to switch to SCT as it gives you a lot more choice of tuners

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:35 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

loading a tune is very easy (at least with my friends SCT XCal3) you just plug it in and follow the instructions, takes 5 minutes.

Do you have a hand held tuner? as you should, if you do you can manually just flip through the settings and alter your speedo, you can alter your tire size if you want to offset the gears (percentage wise)
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:03 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina

Could the speed sensor be going bad if it was the tune why the delay in the speed odometer it should just read just low all the time ??? just asking
Billet fuel door, Daiblo 91 Tune, Xenon ram air hood scoop, MAC performance direct fit headers, 3" 304 SS Dual exhaust, hood pin appearance kit, Red l.E.D. underbody lights, Boy Racer rear wing, Helix power tower plus Throttle body spacer, ventvisor deflector, Aeroform chin spoiler, SVT 18" 9.5 45/255 frount SVT 18" 9.5 40/285 rear trire , GTO rear blackout kit, OEM rear splash guards, Steeda CAI, 8.8 rear axle with 3.73.1 LSD, killer Glass Hose, Smoked Window Louvers by GT Styling 35% Tenting on rear and side windows.
2007STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:17 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

eh, who needs a speedo anyway...My speedo broke a year ago now, and I still haven't replaced it...Of course, I do have a standard so I know my speed by RPM anyway...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:13 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

is it like on older cars so when the speedo goes the odometer does as well? if so ... yea that's against the law
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:34 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

thanks guys, i actually spoke to a representative at brenspeed. very helpful. i called my tuner today and told him i dont have the money or the time to bring the car to him, he better come get it himself and not bring it back till its perfect and furthermore if he can NOT tune it, i will order a tune and tuner from brenspeed and put it in myself.

i think however that when he used sniper they put a chip in or somthing like that as well. i dont know how that will effect things.
lets see how this plays out, right now work is on my mind and like i said if this car continues to be a problem im selling the dam thing. dont need this kind of headache.

thanks again everyone.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:38 AM   #11
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

What you are describing is my biggest reason for getting a hand held tuner rather than a chip. Installing updates are so much easier and hassle free. A simple email and you can have your updates.

I wouldn't give up on the car yet. If they can't fix it, get the tuner and tune from brenspeed and you will see just how much better off you will be in the long run.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:55 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks bro, times like this i swear i WISH i lived near you guys! Hey i went to lake george this past weekend, and just by luck they were having their annnual biker bash.....ridiculous amount of bikes! few muscle cars, but its funny how empty the lawns of the fort seemed, there was nothing near the fountain and the pool in the back, when we go in sept theres no place to walk! lol
Old 06-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
thanks guys, i actually spoke to a representative at brenspeed. very helpful. i called my tuner today and told him i dont have the money or the time to bring the car to him, he better come get it himself and not bring it back till its perfect and furthermore if he can NOT tune it, i will order a tune and tuner from brenspeed and put it in myself.

i think however that when he used sniper they put a chip in or somthing like that as well. i dont know how that will effect things.
lets see how this plays out, right now work is on my mind and like i said if this car continues to be a problem im selling the dam thing. dont need this kind of headache.

thanks again everyone.
No don't give up on the stang !! Just shoot your tuner Here's a link to the sniper tuning form maybe you can get some answer there Delta Force Tuning Forums - Index page

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:41 PM   #14
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
Thanks bro, times like this i swear i WISH i lived near you guys! Hey i went to lake george this past weekend, and just by luck they were having their annnual biker bash.....ridiculous amount of bikes! few muscle cars, but its funny how empty the lawns of the fort seemed, there was nothing near the fountain and the pool in the back, when we go in sept theres no place to walk! lol
I wish you lived closer as well since you seem like someone that would be active in events in the area. Too many people from BR sign up and say they want to get together or come out to one of the meets but never show up. We need more people at our meets...
Old 06-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
is it like on older cars so when the speedo goes the odometer does as well? if so ... yea that's against the law
No, the odometer still reads just fine without a working speedometer...I think its just the little electric motor that turns the needle on the speedo thats broken, and I really don't feel like taking apart the dash to get at it to fix it...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:33 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Ok guys, thanks for all the support, i am not giving up on it yet, my guy picked up my car from my house yesterday, i told him whats wrong, it all sounds related to the speedo to me, but lets see. i told him i dont want it back till its perfect lol
Fingers crossed

by the way Venom, what are the dates this year for the A.Nationals again? i gota book my room now, luckly the hotel i stay at doesnt sell out right away. lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang