Mustang Evolution Forum banner

best cold air intake for 99 v6 auto

Tags
cai
5K views 46 replies 13 participants last post by  dr10129 
#1 ·
I just got my stang a few weeks ago. its a 99 auto v6. I'd like to do some mods, I thought I put in a cia first. I've been looking at the K&N one but I'm not sure if its true Cold Air, what would u guys suggest being the best cia for my car?
Thx

#30 · (Edited)
lowflyn said:
I've always thought it was 4 cats on v6's...they look pretty much the same to me..

Both cats do something

The first converter is a reduction catalyst converter. Platinum and rhodium reduce NO emissions. The NO gas is a byproduct of the combustion reaction that provides the energy for the automobile. The reaction that occurs in this sector of the catalytic converter is as follows:

2NO => N 2 + O 2 or 2NO 2 => N 2 + 2O 2.

The second converter is an Oxidizing catalyst converter. Carbon monoxide is also a byproduct of a combustion reaction and is an unwanted pollutant in the environment. The oxidation catalyst (Dihydrogen Oxide) reduces carbon monoxide into carbon dioxide.

#31 ·
Danger Dude said:
Both cats do something

The first converter is a reduction catalyst converter. Platinum and rhodium reduce NO emissions. The NO gas is a byproduct of the combustion reaction that provides the energy for the automobile. The reaction that occurs in this sector of the catalytic converter is as follows:

2NO => N 2 + O 2 or 2NO 2 => N 2 + 2O 2.

The second converter is an oxidation catalyst converter. Carbon monoxide is also a byproduct of a combustion reaction and is an unwanted pollutant in the environment. The oxidation catalyst reduces carbon monoxide into carbon dioxide.
Ah ok, got ya.

#32 ·
ive seen alot of people cut off the back two.. for no real reason other htan to slow their car down and make it sound more like a weed eater

#34 · (Edited)
Rellik said:
Again... Corey.. you keep forgetting Dihydrogen Oxide! come one now... what kind of REALISTIC equasion is that without the Dihydrogen Oxide?! :banghead: :whistle:

I am going to hunt you down and pickle you in Dihydrogen Oxide!!!! BY GOD

You goof ball :D

If you read my statement the first part "2NO => N 2 + O 2 or 2NO 2 => N 2 + 2O 2" does not contain Dihydrogen Oxide

But if you read the second half you will see "The second converter is an oxidation catalyst converter. Carbon monoxide is also a byproduct of a combustion reaction and is an unwanted pollutant in the environment. The oxidation catalyst reduces carbon monoxide into carbon dioxide"

The oxidation catalyst is Dihydrogen Oxide NERD BOY!!!!! ;)

#37 ·
dr10129 said:
I was talking about getting his take off's on his 2004 GT. hes says it has 6 cats. so my question, is that what everyone puts on there cars when they buy GT take offs? And would the 6 cats be too restrictive?
I bought Mach 1 take off's, from the cats back. I cut my exhaust right behind the cats and welded the new exhaust up.

#38 ·
dr10129 said:
I was talking about getting his take off's on his 2004 GT. hes says it has 6 cats. so my question, is that what everyone puts on there cars when they buy GT take offs? And would the 6 cats be too restrictive?
When we are talking about GT take offs it is everything after the cats all the way to the exhaust tips. The cats are not part of it

#44 ·
Danger Dude said:
I am going to hunt you down and pickle you in Dihydrogen Oxide!!!! BY GOD

You goof ball :D

If you read my statement the first part "2NO => N 2 + O 2 or 2NO 2 => N 2 + 2O 2" does not contain Dihydrogen Oxide

But if you read the second half you will see "The second converter is an oxidation catalyst converter. Carbon monoxide is also a byproduct of a combustion reaction and is an unwanted pollutant in the environment. The oxidation catalyst reduces carbon monoxide into carbon dioxide"

The oxidation catalyst is Dihydrogen Oxide NERD BOY!!!!! ;)
And to think... all of that just to say that you were going to pickle me in a pool of distilled water :rolleyes: :lmao: :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.