Night at the races, then nailed by a cop - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-03-2003, 11:43 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
Night at the races, then nailed by a cop

Well, I met up with chris92084 at California Speedway last night, and finally put to rest that age old fact, that 40 more horses doesnt mean that you will always win.

We raced a total of 7 times together, and chris92084 ran 2 times while my car was cooling down.

I won 5 of the 7 races we did, one, I lost with a .430 redlight, and the other race, I lost fair and square because my girlfriend was in the car .

On our best race, it was only 3/10ths of a second that set up apart, and by far, was the best race that we did all night.

I have video and pictures of the races, which I will post tomorrow.

Anyway, we call it a night at around 10ish, and take off. My girl and I went out and talked a little because one of her old friends was having issues with her. So I calmed her down a little bit by talkiing to her. I drop her off at around midnight after getting gas and start on my way home.

No more than 3 blocks from her house, a VW Golf come besides me, flips me off, and speeds away. Now birng that I had just come back from the races, I still had a little fight left in me, so I match him up at the next stop sign. Little bastard. He goes, and I go right after him. Just as I throw it into 2nd, a cop was hiding at the "T" intersection ahead. I idnt see him. The Golf Nails his brakes and takes a hard left turn behind me. Cops turns around, and starts following me. Damn it, I KNEW I was caught, and there was nothing I could do about it.

I went past main street and he lights me up. I procede about 100 yards ahead into a parking area, because I did not feel safe parking on the side of one of the busiest streets in Corona. He hits his siren for a second because I didn't pull over right away. But I'm sure he appreciated the fact that he didnt have to worry about traffic, so he didnt mention anything to me about that.

Anyway, he comes up, and starts talking about his old Chevelle that he used to have and not to give him any lip about not racing, because we both knew I was, so I play it straight with the guy and openly admitting that I was racing. Which wasn't a good idea in hindsight, because if he wanted to, he could play that in court and have my car impounded and I would never see my stang again.

Anyway, he walks around my car, and I just have my hands on the wheel... just thinking "oh please dont take my car, oh please dont take my car". He comes back up to me and tells me a story of how he was caught, and they took his car but he got it back in 30 days. HE said that he was in my shoes, and was thankful that the cop didnt take his car forever. Seeing how Corona has that new policy since 2F2F came out, you race, you loose your car, he didnt want that. He said he was writing me up for failure to stop at the stop sign and no front plates.

I have to be in court at 1230 on the 5th of next month.

Now... to tell my parents. I pay for my own insurance under them, but I'm sure this isn't going to help it at all. 200 a month insurance... here I come .

On a lighter note, I'm giving up street racing. Getting caught is just too nerve racking.
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2003, 11:56 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

how many pts is failure to stop?

Im gunna guess 2. Its nothing big. Go to court, fight it, youll prob lose the 2 points and just pay a higher fine.

1999 V6 5-speed
14.6 @ 95 w/ 2.22 60'
Wrecked
stangin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 12:23 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangin99
how many pts is failure to stop?

Im gunna guess 2. Its nothing big. Go to court, fight it, youll prob lose the 2 points and just pay a higher fine.
You know what would happen if I try ti fight it? The cop had a tape recorder and was recording the whole conversation... INCLUDING the fact that I was racing.. which I openly admitted to. He plays that for the judge, I get in deeper ####, and probably end up walking back to work... thank you very much . I aint fighting ####. I still have the traffic school option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2003, 12:26 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
don't fight ####, if you make the cop show up after he LET YOU OFF, he may get pissed and WANT to take your damn car. Pay the fine, and learn your lesson, you shouldn't have done it Evin.....stupid move buddy
Autobadges.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 12:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

then dont fight it..

Plead guilty to a lesser charge. Plea bargin. dont just take the ticket.

1999 V6 5-speed
14.6 @ 95 w/ 2.22 60'
Wrecked
Old 08-03-2003, 12:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
hell he was lucky he got that damn charge...stop giving him bad advice

gotta remember this is CALIFORNIA!
Autobadges.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 12:45 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

stangin99,

Serriously man, this is Cali... where if you meet a nice cop, you dont want to piss him off later on.. ESPECIALLY since he has leverage over you!!!
Old 08-03-2003, 01:14 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
sorry wrong thread.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 01:23 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

yeah, failure to stop (ie, rolling a stop sign) is only 2-3 points depending on where you live (been stopped twice for it).

never once did it go on my record though. you can just show up to court, and ask for a plea bargin. do defensive driving and pay the fine, and it doesnt go on your record. and as for the front plates, just put one on before you goto court, and that will be taken off. they also have something like driving probation, where you pay the ticket, and if you dont get another ticket w/in 90 days, then the points from the first dont go on your record. but if you do, both tickets automatically go on.

it was nice of the guy. i wish i could get a nice cop for once. but now do you see why street racing is not worth it? one of the many reasons i dont do it
Old 08-03-2003, 01:25 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Yep it is California where you can murder you ex wife and walk way scott free but get caught racing and loose your car hahahahahahahhaahhahahaha
Old 08-03-2003, 02:00 PM   #11
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Yep it is California where you can murder you ex wife and walk way scott free but get caught racing and loose your car hahahahahahahhaahhahahaha
lol true

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 02:35 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

umm... dont know if you guys know this or not. NJ has the STRICTEST and WORST driving-related punishments. Highest car insurance, etc....

Its bad advice? lol... Its bad advice NOT to plea bargin. Im surprised at how many people are telling him to just take the points. All of YOU should stop the bad advice.

Dont lecture me on tickets, Ive been to court too many times to count, in three states. :

1999 V6 5-speed
14.6 @ 95 w/ 2.22 60'
Wrecked
Old 08-03-2003, 02:49 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
umm... dont know if you guys know this or not. NJ has the STRICTEST and WORST driving-related punishments. Highest car insurance, etc....

Its bad advice? lol... Its bad advice NOT to plea bargin. Im surprised at how many people are telling him to just take the points. All of YOU should stop the bad advice.

Dont lecture me on tickets, Ive been to court too many times to count, in three states. :
Exactly why people should not listen to you. You still have not learned to drive better
Old 08-03-2003, 03:31 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Rellik, that sucks that you got nailed, but, when you were racing at the track, how can your redlight on a .430? .400 is a perfect R/T.
Old 08-03-2003, 04:11 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
Rellik, that sucks that you got nailed, but, when you were racing at the track, how can your redlight on a .430? .400 is a perfect R/T.
? .500 is a perfect light

Quote:
Exactly why people should not listen to you. You still have not learned to drive better
lol, hey I havent had a ticket since christmas time... Ive been pulled over for no front plate since then tho (just no ticket) but I eventually put the plate on.

I HAVE to behave now.... NJ makes you take a driving class after 4or more points in your first year, and after completion, you go on probation for 1 year. Lucky me I was at school for 9 months, so I took my class this past july 8 and NOW am on probation till next july 8

1999 V6 5-speed
14.6 @ 95 w/ 2.22 60'
Wrecked
Old 08-03-2003, 04:34 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to chris92084
Re: Night at the races, then nailed by a cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
Well, I met up with chris92084 at California Speedway last night, and finally put to rest that age old fact, that 40 more horses doesnt mean that you will always win.
im sure it helped that yer R/T were like...half of mine, if not better =P but ya ran some good ones, and unfortunately it'll have to be the last time you beat me =) DONT post my damn 2 hour burnout...ill come for you with a crowbar
-MAC CAI
-Chrome Cobra Rs w/ Kumho Ecsta 712s
-Steeda Centercaps w00t!
Wish list
-Flex's spacers
-3.73 Gears/T-lock
-Shift kit
-Front/rear sway bars
-Tower strut
-Eibach lowering springs
chris92084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 06:59 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Black95GT
Quote:
Mike, just wondering what you insurance is, i think i am getting raped
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Black95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 08:49 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

122/month for liability only.

edit: I pay this but its on my parents plan so I save a bunch.

1999 V6 5-speed
14.6 @ 95 w/ 2.22 60'
Wrecked
Old 08-03-2003, 08:51 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

maybe i should go liability only, i pay 288/month full coverage
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Old 08-03-2003, 09:00 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

lol I would be paying that for full coverage under my parents account because of all my points...

but if Im good for 1 year ill have 0 points and Ill consider taking up collision again.

1999 V6 5-speed
14.6 @ 95 w/ 2.22 60'
Wrecked
Old 08-03-2003, 09:02 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

does the insurance go down a little after 1 year? or is it only go down in like the mid 20's age.
Old 08-03-2003, 09:07 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris92084
im sure it helped that yer R/T were like...half of mine, if not better =P but ya ran some good ones, and unfortunately it'll have to be the last time you beat me =) DONT post my damn 2 hour burnout...ill come for you with a crowbar
Awww... but thats one of the best ones!!! I could always be a total bastard and post that 19.7 run .

I'll post a few of the better ones tomorrow.

By the way, what are you doing Friday night? I have a young lady who wants to meet you. 8) 8) 8)

On a lighter note. My dad didnt get mad. I'm going to take traffic school and not have any points, or any reports to the insurance company. Screw Plea bargain, screw lesser charges. I get one freebie I can get rid of with traffic school, and I'm taking it.
Old 08-03-2003, 09:14 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Well, after 1 year you lose 3 points if yu dont get any points during that year. And since Im on probation for 1 year, and still ahve 3 points on my license, yes it will go down for me

But it doesnt go way down in NJ until you hit 24. My driving class instructor told us NJ thinks once you hit 24 your magically a good driver

1999 V6 5-speed
14.6 @ 95 w/ 2.22 60'
Wrecked
Old 08-03-2003, 11:55 PM   #24

Send a message via AIM to chris92084

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris92084
Awww... but thats one of the best ones!!! I could always be a total bastard and post that 19.7 run .

I'll post a few of the better ones tomorrow.

By the way, what are you doing Friday night? I have a young lady who wants to meet you. 8) 8) 8)
post away! it'll be good fer a laugh...anyhow, give me pictures of her.......or measurements =P
-MAC CAI
-Chrome Cobra Rs w/ Kumho Ecsta 712s
-Steeda Centercaps w00t!
Wish list
-Flex's spacers
-3.73 Gears/T-lock
-Shift kit
-Front/rear sway bars
-Tower strut
-Eibach lowering springs
chris92084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 10:19 AM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

I dont think there are any pictures of her. But if she goes online today, I'll ask her if she has any. You and measurements, dude, you had a rough estimate Saturday, you'll see her later on .

My chick is taking the day off too, se you're all waiting on my *** to get out of work so we can all go hang.

But serriously, dude, 2 cars? Lets just take mine. It doesnt make sence to take 2 cars down to the beach. You 2 can have the back seat, I'll drive with my chick in the front, and we'll just do it that way. You can drive next time.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:37 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

In Cali, it goes down when your 19 (If you've had your license fsince you were 16), 21, and 24. Pretty much every 3 years till i certain age i've heard.

Red, White, and Blue --- The Colors that Hold True

Previous Car: '01 Silver Vert V6 with MAC Cat-Back Dual Exhaust, CAI, 17x9 Chrome Cobra Rs, Billet Grill with Pony Insert

What Ford Needs to make the Next Gen SVT Cobra look like!
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/1251...avatar_gmg.jpg
Stang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 09:40 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

-=200th Post=- Rellik--- Where are the Vids????

Red, White, and Blue --- The Colors that Hold True

Previous Car: '01 Silver Vert V6 with MAC Cat-Back Dual Exhaust, CAI, 17x9 Chrome Cobra Rs, Billet Grill with Pony Insert

What Ford Needs to make the Next Gen SVT Cobra look like!
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/1251...avatar_gmg.jpg
Stang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 09:50 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Check the general discussion thread, or check my multimedia page. You didnt remind me to give you the videos on CD last night!!!
Old 08-06-2003, 10:40 AM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Hell I'll just post it here too!!!

Last Saturday, chris92084 and I went to California Speedway. I brought along my Digital Still Camera and flipped it to Video mode at it's highest quality and had some fun with it.

My Girlfriend was the one shooting most of the video.

EXTREME DIALUP WARNING!! These videos are bordering on 1 minute of the highest quality my Still camera can take videos at.

Chris' first run. Dont laugh too hard (19 Megs)
My first redlight. It had to happen sooner or later. (18.9 Megs)
Our best race. We were side by side most of the way. but I pull ahead by 3/10ths of a second. (20.2 Megs)
Chris fell asleep at the line with a 1.117 R/T. (6.87 Megs) (no reason to record the finish of this one... I was at least 5-6 car lengths ahead of him at the end because of his R/T.)

So, Tell me what you think . Chris actually told me not to post the first one because he was spinning his tires well past the 1/8 mile mark, but he retracted it and said "Sure, people need to laugh dont they?"
Old 09-17-2003, 03:38 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
man you guys are lucky you meet nice cops
i got a friend who got a ticket for 39 in a 15 skewl zone...runnin with traffic
he got 2 wreckless drivin
one of those a guy behind him was doin a burnout but he got blamed for it
the other he was racin a little mitsu pos and a cop heard em and ran down my friend not the mitsu
anyways, he's kinda screwed, hasn't even gone to court on the first wreckless drivin yet...
he was also the guy who was drivin in the wreck i was in...
his insurance paid over 100 g for that wreck..and that was just hospital bills
he's screwed...
oh yeh, the reason he gets so many tickets is cause we took his s10, shaved, dropped and custom painted it, it kinda draws attention
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 03:26 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to 232Menace
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
depends on the track, where is race .500 is perfect others .400 is perfect and i even know of a few that start at 0.00 so like .099 would be no red light
232Menace is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang