Future plans - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-23-2009, 03:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Future plans

So my mustang should be paid off in the next year or so. I was thinking about trading it in on a GT but I'm not so sure anymore. I'm thinking I'll just spend some of the money I was spending on a payment and just make the old sixer a little nicer and new to me. Plans so far include an Eibach Pro-kit, aluminum driveshaft, a GT takeoff rear bumper so I can go true duel exhaust, the Shelby CS6 Hood and front clip, and maybe a full upgrade on the suspension system. I'm not looking at throwing a turbo or supercharger, this is just a fun spirited daily driver. Anyone else have any ideas on what might make it a little more exciting without going over the top?
2007 V6 Mustang w/ Pony Package. Performance Mods - 2.25 custom aluminum catback exhaust with a Magnaflow muffler, AirRaid cold air intake, drilled and slotted rotor's front and rear, SCT Programmer, Ford Racing Tlok, Motiv 4:10 gears, LFP underdrive pulley
Greywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2009, 03:53 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Future plans

there are tons of things you can do, or you can trade for an 07 or used GT for about the same or spend a little and get it its all up to what you want in the end.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:15 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Yah I'd have to agree with Spec, it's basically up to you. Looking at your sig, you pretty much have the worthwhile bolt ons and the rearend done. Maybe install some springs and other suspension components as you said, and slowly save up to do some h/c/i work. I don't think I'd call that over the top...then if you do decide to go with a power adder in the future, you'll have everything covered.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2009, 06:23 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I figured since I want to keep her a daily driver I was just gonna stay away from the power adder's for now. I've been toying with the idea on replacing the internals, port and polish, etc just haven't found myself going that far yet. I'm kinda liking the v6. I've still surprised my share of GT's so far. I haven't "smoked" any yet but I've given a few more than they expected. I'm gonna keep her. These 4.0's have some potential and I like the body style. Thanks for the input.
2007 V6 Mustang w/ Pony Package. Performance Mods - 2.25 custom aluminum catback exhaust with a Magnaflow muffler, AirRaid cold air intake, drilled and slotted rotor's front and rear, SCT Programmer, Ford Racing Tlok, Motiv 4:10 gears, LFP underdrive pulley
Old 06-23-2009, 06:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

you could do some long tube or short tube headers. Ive been thinnking about the same thing (little bolt-ons). I know kooks and Mac have longtube headers for the 4.0s.
SVTCOBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

To be honest I've never had good luck with headers. For some reason I always end up with a leak or some other odd problem. I love the sound but they alwyas seem to cause more harm then good.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang