SC and Nitrous - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-08-2003, 04:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

SC and Nitrous

If i go ahead and get forged internals and run a 100-125 shot of nitrous, is there a way i can later add a Ati procharger with 11 psi? What if I ran 11psi with a 50 or 75 shot? What if i only ran 7 psi on the procharger? could i use a 75-100 shot? I need to know if i should go ahead and save up for a procharger. I'M SO CONFUSED, PLEASE HELP!
ERICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2003, 04:38 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
I dont see why you couldn't. But running a SC with Nitrous is kinda risky dont you think?
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 04:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I know its risky, thats why im trying to do my homework before i do anything dumb that blows up my engine. I just want the fastest v-6 possible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2003, 06:06 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
Fastest V6 possible? Rip out the block and rebuild it to performance specs. Get some new Heads, upper and lower port and polished intakes, pistons, cam shaft, crank shaft, Roller rockers, chip, gears, Alunimum drive shaft, T5 Trans, suspension, then worry about throwing a Supercharger on it. There are a ton of upgrades you can do without a supercharger or Nitrous. And when you do go with a SC or NO2, your engine will be built to handle it.
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 07:00 PM   #5
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
Fastest V6 possible? Rip out the block and rebuild it to performance specs. Get some new Heads, upper and lower port and polished intakes, pistons, cam shaft, crank shaft, Roller rockers, chip, gears, Alunimum drive shaft, T5 Trans, suspension, then worry about throwing a Supercharger on it. There are a ton of upgrades you can do without a supercharger or Nitrous. And when you do go with a SC or NO2, your engine will be built to handle it.
Perfectly Said. In the future I plan to do what you just said. Take the motor out and strip it and rebuild it.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 11:35 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to greenflash00
Rebuilding it for performance specs is the best way...Could you run lets say 15psi, on a stock engine and spray a 100 shot? Sure you could. Would it last more than a week if u actually drove it hard? NO WAY. Rebuild teh motor and make it tough, then when your there, see what happens. You might find out that you dont need nx to be fast in your book.
Gt takeoff exhaust with Flowtech Warlock mufflers, Mac CAI, ASP UDP, Flex Phenolic Spacers, 17 by 9 Cobra R's, 275/40s all around, FMS C-Springs, Tokico shocks and struts, FMS T-loc, FMS 4.10 gears, fordchip, 3000 stall PI tq converter, B&M Supercooler, and some various appearance stuff.
greenflash00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 03:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to maverik
Definite rebuild with forged and shotpeened internals. Supersixmotorsports.com and rpm-mustangs.com have all of the stuff you will need to make your engine bullet proof. Id say to have the fastest v6 around youll have to rebuild the short block to performance specs
dished forged pistons,
stroke it to 4.3l,
get superheads from supersix,
roller rockers,
custom cam,
long tube headers,
offroad h pipe,
2.5' catback setup,
3.73 rear gears and t-lok inside an 8.8 inch rear end,
the new t-6 tranny,
WET noszle system from NOS,
staged Twin turbo custom setup,
42# fuel injectors,
255lph fuel pump,
custom tuned chip,
adjustable fuel pressure regulator,
and lastly you need to find a way to get all of that down to the ground, best would be a set of drag radials, not to mention all the proper gauges and electrical...
With this combo, you should be able to crank power up to anywhere from 300 rwhp to 700rwhp! Ive seen a dyno for a 3.8 twin turboed at 700 so its possible!
Old 05-12-2003, 09:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Where did you see that ? How much would it cost to get a twin turbo setup?
Old 07-21-2003, 09:05 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to el cheapo
why??? why run n2o and boost??

you can just run more boost!!

If you are that serious about getting the power, you want a turbo kit. And like maverik said use a boost controller to turn up your boost instead of putting juice in the mix. Its just better that way.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:33 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

the nitrous if dont properly can act as a second (if you already have one) intercooler. the nitrous burns colder than air and thus it helps to lower the temperature inside the engine. you can run a smaller shot safely with boost for that purpose. i dont advise running anything larger than a 35-50 shot (with boost) w/o some SERIOUS tuning.
Old 07-21-2003, 02:48 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to el cheapo
Quote:
the nitrous if dont properly can act as a second (if you already have one) intercooler. the nitrous burns colder than air and thus it helps to lower the temperature inside the engine. you can run a smaller shot safely with boost for that purpose. i dont advise running anything larger than a 35-50 shot (with boost) w/o some SERIOUS tuning.

i could see that, but then i dont think its worth the money. it would be easier and cheaper to just get more boost or a bigger innercooler.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:28 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to maverik
Though it is true that nitrous cools the incoming air charge, you can't forget that it adds power also. At that point you have to decide whether it is worth it to have really high performance numbers that you won't have to pay more for, or pay for a bottle fillup that you could just raise your boost instead for the same hp. I have a built up 3.8 running a procharger around 18 psi. That is why I haven't posted in a long time. I haven't gotten around to a dyno, but everything has been upgraded accordingly and I have enough power to lay waste to corvettes and most other new era muscle cars without the need for the bottle. My .02 cents. Raise the boost...
Dan

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Tags
nitrous