Mustang Evolution Forum banner

waxed by the best (03 cobra)

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  SpectorV 
#1 ·
just raced an 03 cobra... hehehe oh well, I think I kinda knew the rims gave it away, but I had to anyways, still breaking the motor in, so I couldn't get into to much and if I had traction I could have kinda kept up for a lil bit :) they're only like 80 hp more stock than I am now hehehe (read mike got waxed) it was fun anyways im starting to think I might could actually put down some good times
the 03 was awsome, it was worth getting hosed to hear that thing scream past fighting a little for traction himself. nice cars :)

#2 ·
silverstangboy said:
they're only like 80 hp more stock than I am now hehehe (read mike got waxed)
That is assuming it hasn't done pulley/CAI/Exhaust. If it has, it might be a little more like 180 more HP. :D

But, since it sounds like he didn't put a train length on you right away, he may still be stock.

Either way...good kill...er, I mean, good attitude about being killed. :)

#4 ·
lowflyn said:
Man, I raced an 04 Cobra the other day. We were neck and neck till the light turned green...
:lmao:

#5 ·
I sold my ex-copcar two weeks ago.

Guy who bought has already dusted an 03 Cobra with it and has taken the local 5.0 crowd by storm. Took it to the track and it's a low 14/high 13 second runner, he's got issues with launching a stick shift car.

Not bad for a car with 2.94 rear gears, mild cam, small carb, a 3600 lbs curb weight and built to cruise the highway at speeds in excess of the limit, several excesses too.

I never raced it at the track and never got into street racing with it though. Wish I had kept it.

Steve

#6 ·
^ your area must house all the suckiest drivers in US for that to happen cause thats just flat out pathetic :lol:

#8 ·
silverstangboy said:
just raced an 03 cobra... hehehe oh well, I think I kinda knew the rims gave it away, but I had to anyways, still breaking the motor in, so I couldn't get into to much and if I had traction I could have kinda kept up for a lil bit :) they're only like 80 hp more stock than I am now hehehe (read mike got waxed) it was fun anyways im starting to think I might could actually put down some good times
the 03 was awsome, it was worth getting hosed to hear that thing scream past fighting a little for traction himself. nice cars :)
You see... this is why your tranny was broke and the motor needed work lol gots to treat it nice! i thought we had this talk!!! thats it your in time out!

#9 ·
Smurfin said:
That is assuming it hasn't done pulley/CAI/Exhaust. If it has, it might be a little more like 180 more HP. :D

But, since it sounds like he didn't put a train length on you right away, he may still be stock.

Either way...good kill...er, I mean, good attitude about being killed. :)
assuming he doesnt have the stock pos IRS ( for drag racing ) else he will be doing low to mid 13s stock which mikes car should be pretty close to... but on the street is not like traction really counts ( I dont see to many running around on DRs and what not )

#10 · (Edited)
My ex-copcar was by no means stock. It had a 5.9L V8 in it that was built up.

It's built to handle, go rapidly and get decent mileage. It does that quite nicely. 20 mpg isn't uncommon with it. It has about 300 hp at the rear wheels, which is what 345-360 HP at the crank, depending on your loss factor. If I put a 750 carb on it then the high rpm power goes up enough to feel and some torque is lost, which would help the launch cause right now it'll spin thru first and second and do a hard chirp into third. It's a four speed stick, btw.

Steve

#11 ·
SpectorV said:
assuming he doesnt have the stock pos IRS ( for drag racing ) else he will be doing low to mid 13s stock which mikes car should be pretty close to... but on the street is not like traction really counts ( I dont see to many running around on DRs and what not )

lol, im still running your old worn out tires... no traction for me :)
and im treating her nice thank you, I didn't take it very far, I mean I knew I was gonna loose the second I realised it was an 03-04 cobra instead of a GT

im not power shifting the tranny anymore. maybe at the track, but thats it

#12 ·
SpectorV said:
Oh, it's on now :swordfigh

The stock POS IRS is running high 12s to mid 11s depending on mods. It is all dependant on the driver. Mine, in stock form, made it down the track at 12.97 @ 114...but that wasn't with me driving. That was with someone that races stangs all the time on the M.O.M.'s circuit in NY. I am better on the street because I don't try and launch at 3k...I roll out and then mash it. If I would do that at the track I would run better than 13.9. But, something about being at the track makes me want to dump the clutch and floor the gas.

The number of cobras running around on stock F1s are getting to be few and far between. While I am still one of the few since I have not picked up by DRs yet, I would bet that about 70-75% of street cobras are running some sort of drag radial. I have yet to see one here in Baton Rouge with non drags...other than mine :(

Either way, drivers like silverstangboy are the ones I like to run on the street. They know they will loose, but run to see a cobra run.

#13 ·
im talking about stock... low 13s with stock irs in a stock car sucks.. stick a live axle in it and do FAR FAR better, thats whati ment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.