Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Thinkin about S/C or Turbo.. but who isn't :p

5K views 43 replies 9 participants last post by  01mineralgrey6 
#1 ·
Okay fellas.. this summer im gettin my gears, tlok, chip, etc.

Next summer I'm goin for a big increase in hp. I'm thinking either a turbo or a supercharger. My first question is.. "Is 4.10s overkill on a superchargeed/turboed car? or should i go with 3.73s?" I don't want it to be too out of control and I still want it to be driver friendly. BTW, its an auto.

Okay what I was thinking is something that isn't a lot of power but a decent boost. I think 5psi might be too little and 9psi is more ideal. I'm not sure yet. I can get 3k-5k easily by working over the summer. I dont really race so I don't want this beast of a car that I can't drive around my neighborhood. However, horsepower numbers don't mean much to me. Instead, I like to look at quarter mile times. I want something 13-14.5 seconds.

Soooo.. I did some research and I was looking at that guy's turbo kit that is mentioned in a few other topics as well as info on the vortech supercharger. How much would these cost? Right now I got a stock engine and I'm not sure if I need to do anything about that to prepare for these?

#31 ·
Any time you decide to mod your car you need to weigh the pro's and con's nothing is ever as easy as it seems... and you WILL have issues its part of the modding way of life, it seems every mod I have installed on my car has came with complications....

Gears/tlok = gear whine (got fixed but it did whine and i broke the rear end also)

Exhaust = To close to the axle and rubbed on it, and got in the way when i had to remove the tranny to replace throwout bearing (welded on)

CAI = makes maf get dirty, got to clean it to keep the car idling smooth

etc etc etc... and with a mod like an SC or TC you best LOVE issues :) or have a spare car.

#32 ·
bah.. i emailed andy.

just pulling a quote from it...

Mheath got 275rwhp and 285rwtorque with 4.4 psi however he does have a modified cam and self ported intakes. Im guessing on a stock setup you can expect 230rwhp, 240 rwtorque at 4.4 psi.

with 4.10 gears t lock and gears on a stock car you would probably get high 14's at best.
With my turbo setup on a stock car and 4.4 psi high 13's is easily attainable and possibly better
meh... i dunno anymore..

#36 ·
timpryor said:
dont waste a G on gears if yuor getting a new car in a few years, i'm not :D
werd, you'll never get your money out of it in a few years if you plan on selling it.

#40 ·
wiarumas said:
no no no.. i am just comparing my options right now so i can make the best economical decision. im very paranoid when it comes to big decisions like this. so far im leaning more towards...

4psi + complete kit
4.10 + Tlok + chip + 8.8 rear

the complete kit will probably cost near 3600 shipped (just an approx) plus 1000 for labor? not sure... just throwing out numbers.

the gears and whatnot will probably done first and that will probably cost around a grand.

i have to research the prices on the 8.8 rear and install prices and stuff.

after all this ill probably be done with performance.

geez.. so much money.. :disgust:
If your doing all that I hope you plan on some bigger/better tires or else you wont get any traction with the stockers. I had enough trouble with my stock 04 5spd with a 3.27 open rear end getting traction lol. Also sometimes lower boost is better in every aspect ;)

#41 ·
sonic04edge said:
If your doing all that I hope you plan on some bigger/better tires or else you wont get any traction with the stockers. I had enough trouble with my stock 04 5spd with a 3.27 open rear end getting traction lol. Also sometimes lower boost is better in every aspect ;)
im pretty sure i changed my mind. ill have to hit the lotto this year for me to turbo it because ill only do it if impressive numbers are the outcome. that would mean i would have to upgrade the engine which i dont have the money to do.

however, what i plan on doing this summer is working my ass off. then ill go from there. i think what im leaning more towards is tradin in the car and getting a GT only if i find a good deal.

#42 ·
wiarumas said:
im pretty sure i changed my mind. ill have to hit the lotto this year for me to turbo it because ill only do it if impressive numbers are the outcome. that would mean i would have to upgrade the engine which i dont have the money to do.

however, what i plan on doing this summer is working my ass off. then ill go from there. i think what im leaning more towards is tradin in the car and getting a GT only if i find a good deal.
Well if you do then dont go for the sn95. Stock they are BARELY faster then the 99-04 v6's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.