Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Not Impressed

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  NJStang86 
#1 ·
I am not impressed with Pacesetter's V6 dual exhaust adapter. First, the flanges are a bit rusty. Next the H pipe holes are small for the diameter of the pipe and they didn't deburr the holes made in the H pipe crossover. Finally the aluminization is thin and poorly done inside the pipes.

So I will have to fix these things. If I had the time and money I'd should of just bought a Dr. Gas universal X pipe kit and did it right myself.

But alas, my time is limited and the Pacesetter unit is useable with some work.

Steve

#3 ·
its alwasy best to have an adaptor of course, just so you can get the exhaust removed quick an easy for access or who knows what... steeda makes a kit also but im sure its not any better quality wise.

you CAN fab your own of course if you could grab a set of flanges and get one custom made with stainless, then you would be set.

#6 · (Edited)
Well, I already have the Pacesetter unit, wish I knew about the cal mustang on though. But is it stainless steel?

One other thing, the pacesetter unit has minimal directions in it and those directions refer you to a diagram for proper installation. Said diagram is NOT included. Nor is ther any indication as to which of the exhaust hangers goes where. Granted I can figure it out, but you know it'd be nice if the directions were useful.

Oh, I emailed Pacestter asking for a copy of the diagram several days ago, no response whatsoever.

Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.