FordChip Installation Instructions
The instructions that apply to your application will be included with your chip. This is a listing of all the instructions available.Pictures of how the FordChip installs will be posted soon on the pictures page.
Generic Installation Instructions
Installation Instructions for FordChips
1. Remove the negative battery cable.
2. Locate the EEC on your car (since the locations of EEC's vary, we cannot tell you exactly where).
3. Remove your EEC from the car.
4. Remove the service port cover from the back of the EEC. The side opposite the connector.
5. Take a clean rag and remove any grease on the connector.
6. Take some electrical contact cleaner and, while holding the EEC with the service port down,
7. Dry the connector with a clean rag.
8. Take the enclosed sandpaper and sand the service port connectors until you can see copper.
9. Take the electrical contact cleaner and clean the connecter, on both sides, again.
10. Insert your FordChip onto the circuit board connector in the service port.
If you purchased a single chip, proceed to step 12
11. Take the wire with the switch on the dual chip and route it to your desired location
12. Connect the harness, the 104 or 60 pin harness, back onto the EEC.
13. Connect the negative battery cable back on and start the vehicle to verify that your FordChip
14. Install the EEC back into it's location, taking care not to damage or harm the chip on the
15. Drive the car and have fun.