Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Turn down tips !

6K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  TNT Bomb 
#1 ·
I plan to install GT Takeoffs and I would like to keep my rear bumper !

Personnally, I don't like the way those tips look UNDER the bumper. So I was thinking to ask the guy who will install the exhaust to replace them by some turn down tips. Such a way that we could see them but they won't exceed the bumper !

My question is: Do you think the turn down tips will decrease the loudness of the exhaust sound ? :rolleyes:

#2 ·
turn downs will increase the loudness since the exhaust will be comming out then bouncing off the ground then off the car, etc

#5 ·
IMO turn down tips look EXTREMLY bad on mustangs... just horrid... either go no tips at all or get straight out tips.

#6 · (Edited)
Corey, i gotta disagree, because both of my birds had turndowns that didnt protrude under the bumper, and i never smelled fumes, or had a problem with it

now on my turbo coupe, since its an open downpipe basically ending under the transmission, i get fumes all day long

Spector, he's doing it so you dont really see the tips at all, so you wouldnt even notice the turn downs

#9 ·
It would be dumps if you put them right after the muffler, and that will lead to some bad drone inside the car, been there, done that.

#10 ·
01mineralgrey6 said:
i think corey and spector and bane are all tlaking about putting turndowns right on the mufflers, not out torwards the rear bumper :confused:
That is correct. Maybe I was not reading it right. But downturns at the back remind me of the old Trans am's and they looked like crap also. How would you do it so they would not be seen???

Just my opinion but this looks bad ass

Attachments

#11 ·
In fact I personnally I suggest to get the turn down just right after the tail pipes hanger (an inch or so passed the hanger).
BTW everything is a matter of taste but the straight chrome tips seem to me as the cloth dryer tube, but still again I get the greatest respect for your opinions...

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm from Canada too; it's a current expression here, it's true that I don't like those tips, but it's not my opinion (air dryer...)

My next question is: Will I get some trouble ("Check Engine" code or anything else) if I set them as true dual by the fact that the pressure sould be a lot lower than the stock "Y" and the 2" single pipe ?

#15 ·
im thinking about out the back right under the bumper, which looks bad, right after the muffler makes a v6 sound nasty.

#16 ·
TNT Bomb said:
I'm from Canada too; it's a current expression here, it's true that I don't like those tips, but it's not my opinion (air dryer...)

My next question is: Will I get some trouble ("Check Engine" code or anything else) if I set them as true dual by the fact that the pressure sould be a lot lower than the stock "Y" and the 2" single pipe ?
I have true duals on my 02, runs fine, sounds great. Have 3" rolled stainless steel tips coming out the back and I absolutely love the look...

#19 · (Edited)
algoesfast: woot another marylander in here hurray!

I might be adding some turndowns on my mufflers this weekend hopefully if all goes well, and the speedo will be fixed aswell :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.