Where to get MAC exhaust system and CAI? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-04-2003, 11:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to DropTop_Stang
Where to get MAC exhaust system and CAI?

Hey, I'm looking to buy a MAC dual exhaust system and their CAI, any advice on where to pick one up. I get real anxious about buying from places I don't know their rep. I want to buy it from Summit, but apparently they don't sell them. THanks.
DropTop_Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2003, 11:34 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
www.extremeeffect.com

They are a site sponsor, and offcial dealer of Mac products, also the v6 powerhouse
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 02:01 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, Thanks. One last question, (I'm new so don't shoot me). My exhaust is all still stock, so I want to buy the Direct Fit Catback system and just hook it up to y-adaptor, correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2003, 02:14 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Correct. And welcome to the site! If you have any more questions, let up know or read the sticky threads
Old 08-05-2003, 02:49 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

One final question, I hope. I read the sticky, so let's see if I understood it. I want to go to a dual exhaust system that sounds like a dream and gives performance boost. After reading the sticky, I am thinking I should get an h-pipe. With an h-pipe, what exhaust do I buy then? A cat back?? Also, what do you recommend, purchasing a h-pipe or having one made at the shop? I would be willing to drive a few hours to go to a quality and decently priced shop. I live about an hour east of San Fran. Thanx
P.S. How the heck do you guys post pics? I spent the day taking pics of my car and my just installed sound system upgrades. Is just a HTML href?
Old 08-05-2003, 10:20 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

If you are getting a catback system which uses the existing "Y" pipe, then an "H" pipe wont do any good. Reason, the 2 exhaust flows are already being mixed between the 2 pipes through the "Y" pipe, and then pushed between the 2 exit pipes after the "Y". An H Pipe does the same thing as a Y pipe, it just doesn't all flow down to 1 pipe then back to 2. The "H" pipe is designed for a setup which does not use a "Y" pipe.

If you were to get one, I would just suggest having the muffler shop make one.

I am from Southern California, So I wouldnt be able to tell you any muffler shops.. but I'm sure there are some people from here in that area who would be able to hel you in that area.

As for pictures: When you post, look at the bottom section of the screen. You should see an "Attachments" button. Hit it and the screen will refresh. Scroll down again and now you can browse your computer using hte "browse" button, and you can then upload the file.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:56 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to dapack69
You could also purchase that stuff from Tony at www.need-4-speed.com, he has a whole section just for V6's also.
dapack69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 04:10 PM   #8
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Buy the 380 dollar True dual off road Exaust they have. Comes with Mac Flowpath Mufflers, Off Road h-pipe and everything else you would need.

If you dont want off road then get the 580 I believe it is H pipe with Hi Flow cats.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 04:12 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by a232stang
Buy the 380 dollar True dual off road Exaust they have. Comes with Mac Flowpath Mufflers, Off Road h-pipe and everything else you would need.

If you dont want off road then get the 580 I believe it is H pipe with Hi Flow cats.
Grrrrr... Brent stop telling people to get O/R H pipes!!! ESPECIALLY IF THEY'RE IN CALIFORNIA!!!!!

-edit - Brent
Oops.

But if you live in alabama like me you can get the offroad h pipe.

-Edit - Evin
Brent stop editing my posts !!!
Old 08-05-2003, 04:13 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to el cheapo
Quote:
Originally Posted by a232stang

man thats alot of money for exhaust. . and its not installed yet.
Old 08-05-2003, 04:45 PM   #11
Regular

oops.

He whats wrong with me telling them to buy one if the live in say.... Alabama?

Reddit
Old 08-05-2003, 06:01 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

ok.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
If you are getting a catback system which uses the existing "Y" pipe, then an "H" pipe wont do any good. Reason, the 2 exhaust flows are already being mixed between the 2 pipes through the "Y" pipe, and then pushed between the 2 exit pipes after the "Y". An H Pipe does the same thing as a Y pipe, it just doesn't all flow down to 1 pipe then back to 2. The "H" pipe is designed for a setup which does not use a "Y" pipe.
Ok. so I get a h-pipe hooked up to the headers, then what do I buy to hook up to the h-pipe? True duals?
Thanx
Old 08-05-2003, 06:09 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Droptop,
read This article and look at the "Crossover Pipes (also known as Midpipes):" section. Look at the Y pipe and H pipe. The Y has a single pipe, and the Ha pipe has 2 pipes coming out.

True Duals are independant pipes coming from the headers to the muffler, and out... without ever touching the other pipe.

Furthermore, you cant get an H pipe installed onto headers (unless you can magically get a pipe to go through the block itself.

The H pipe is installed where the pipes are close together.. such as after the catalitic converters. You will need a true dual setup to use an H pipe.

A shop could weld the H pipe between the 2 pipes of the true dual exhaust setup, thuse making a crossover between the 2 pipes. Is this making sence? IF not, I can look for some picture diagrams for you .... I know they're around here somewhere.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:42 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

ok, so the setup is like this, Engine, Headers, Cats then a cut above the Y-pipe. H-pipe welds here. Finaly true duals. Correct? Also, if this is correct, is it California legal? Also, extreme effects says 2 1/2 HTS. Is that the piping size? According to the tech article, 2.5 is too big. Fourthly, if I'm still using my 4 cats above the y-pipe, i don't need a catted h-pipe, right? And lastly, the true duals have the MAC flowpaths right? I know I must seem like such a newb, but I am completely new to this. Thanx again for everyone's time.
Old 08-05-2003, 08:08 PM   #15
Regular

Just buy the Mac Flowpath mufflers and take your car to a muffler shop. They will cut the y pipe and put on two staight pipes. They will also weld on a H-pipe for like 30 bucks extra if you want one.

its cheaper and more convienent.

That way you keep you cats and the idiots that made California's Emission laws stay happy.

Reddit
Old 08-05-2003, 10:27 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Switching to Dual exhaust is fine for CA emissions. Having an H pipe is perfectly fine as well. No respectable muffler shop in CA will cut off catalitic converters unless they are damaged and need to be replaced.

Engine > Headers > 2 catalitic converters > Cut off the Y pipe to keep it 2 seperate pipes > H Pipe > then to 2 mufflers > then out the back
Old 08-05-2003, 11:10 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome, but I thought our mustangs had four cats? Either way you've got my head where it needs to be, thanx. I love this site.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:04 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Awesome, but I thought our mustangs had four cats?
Correct, 2 for each side. I was thinking about just one of the two pipes on my above explination.

Header > 2 Cats > H Pipe > Muffler > Exit pipe

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Tags
cai, exhaust