KILLED a civic lol - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-10-2005, 11:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to FloMasta24
KILLED a civic lol

Wow what a great night got a good laugh in....I'm coming home from work and I go to pass this red civic(looks stock,not even an exhaust tip, must of had an intake tho i heard it)well anyway as I'm going past at about 50 mph(4th gear, 2K RPM)I heard it downshift ang the engine revving...so anywya I don't even downshift adn I just push the gas and its not gaining on me...then I put it in 3rd and just put about 5 cars on it in no time...then I get on RT 29(they are still behind me) and they pass me....then I find a straightaway and I come up on them and I saw the car dip and waited a lil bit...then stomped on it and passed him in no time...put prob about 10 cars on him before I got to 100 mph. Then I turned off and he went by with a thumbs up honkin the horn...so at least it wasn't much of a ricer lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
vday is like an srt4, at first it sounds good and in the long run it sucks
FloMasta24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2005, 11:30 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
maybe he appreciates mustangs. i have a friend who has a black civic that only has an intake and exhaust... body kit.. neons.. tint.. etc. true blue ricer. he loves my car though and his favorite two cars are corvettes and saleens. but anyways.. nice kill.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:31 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to chips
street racing is stupid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2005, 11:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yeh I don't ever start it though. If I get challenged I rarely take it but I wanted to have a lil rush tonight lol....plus I was on my way home I know where the cops would be
Quote:
Old 04-10-2005, 11:45 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
good stuff

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:22 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Sounds fun. I remember when i had my 6er I was coming back from my ex's on the highway and this 96-98gt 5spd comes up fast on my right so I drop it in forth and beat him but not by much. But it was fun.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:02 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Send a message via AIM to 232stang01 Send a message via Yahoo to 232stang01
Quote:
Originally Posted by chips
street racing is stupid
agrees :yup:
232stang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:05 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
i try not to do it, but i can't help it and its such a rush, you can't get enough of it
douGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:15 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Awesome man, such a rush...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:23 AM   #10
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Quote:
street racing is stupid
oh shut the hell up... when you can come and say you've never gone more than 10mph over the speed limit... then come say something like that.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:46 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Good kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
oh shut the hell up... when you can come and say you've never gone more than 10mph over the speed limit... then come say something like that.
0wn.T
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:28 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Send a message via AIM to 19ClearCobra96 Send a message via MSN to 19ClearCobra96
thats awesome. He is probably like the person on here who said they rev at gts and cobras just so they can see them gun it and just get goin so fast so quick
Old 04-11-2005, 01:26 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
oh yeah, racing on public roads is way safer then going a few miles over on the highway

hey guys, lets race and go 100 mph on public roads because there's nothing wrong with it!!!!! who cares if people die doing it... it'll make me sound really cool when i post about it on an internet forum
Old 04-11-2005, 01:35 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
oh yeah, racing on public roads is way safer then going a few miles over on the highway
can crash into an old person whos going 10 under the speed limit

just remember dont put the idiots who race when theres traffic around to those who move away from the public
Old 04-11-2005, 01:47 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang

just remember dont put the idiots who race when theres traffic around
i see this all the time on 37 south - usually in heavy traffic. lots of swerving, cutting off, riding of asses, etc... but there's never a cop around.

Quote:
to those who move away from the public
if it's a private road that no one else can go on, then that's great! but even if you're on a public road that not many people go on at 3:00 am, there is still a chance of someone pulling out, a person walking across the road, or something else like that.

it happens here in san antonio all the time. people race at night, something happens that they didn't expect, and someone winds up dead.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:15 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
i see this all the time on 37 south - usually in heavy traffic. lots of swerving, cutting off, riding of asses, etc... but there's never a cop around.

if it's a private road that no one else can go on, then that's great! but even if you're on a public road that not many people go on at 3:00 am, there is still a chance of someone pulling out, a person walking across the road, or something else like that.

it happens here in san antonio all the time. people race at night, something happens that they didn't expect, and someone winds up dead.
That's a risk ppl assume when doing this...I have friend who race alot, my car will nowhere near keep up with them so I just ride along and see what happens lol. Yeh it's illegal, but man it's a rush.
Our's:
Old 04-11-2005, 03:42 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I see that too but I wouldnt consider that racing, just no commen sense and those are the types that do need to be pulled over and have something done to them

Quote:

But risks are so much lower then doing so in traffic. Like ive mentioned before in other hands, as long as I been doing the whole street racing thing Ive only witnessed one person go down and that was on his own stupidity. But hey whatever a person whether it be racing or climbing a later death is always around the corner. Only the powers at be know when its time.

Low - it sure is a rush. love that ****. last summer wasnt to bad cause well we had a few good ol boys (cops) bring their own cars down to run. So who says street racing is illegal
Old 04-11-2005, 04:31 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

But risks are so much lower then doing so in traffic. Like ive mentioned before in other hands, as long as I been doing the whole street racing thing Ive only witnessed one person go down and that was on his own stupidity.
and the risks are still a whole lot higher then taking it to the track. as i mentioned in the past, one of the members from LSS was killed street racing. i saw two 19 year olds killed 2 years ago as well. we have at least one fatal accident a week caused by street racing down here too...
Old 04-11-2005, 04:35 PM   #19
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Low - it sure is a rush. love that ****. last summer wasnt to bad cause well we had a few good ol boys (cops) bring their own cars down to run. So who says street racing is illegal
We had that too back when (not so) fast and (not so) furious first came to the theatres. The cops closed off main street and everyone was able to run what ya brung. Was pretty sad that my 00 GT was the 4th fastest car there...out of the 40 that showed up. I did beat all the cop cars though, so I guess that is a plus.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:37 PM   #20

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
(not so) fast and (not so) furious
Slow and the Curious
Old 04-11-2005, 05:37 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
and the risks are still a whole lot higher then taking it to the track. as i mentioned in the past, one of the members from LSS was killed street racing. i saw two 19 year olds killed 2 years ago as well. we have at least one fatal accident a week caused by street racing down here too...
Guess it all depends where you at. Personally Like I mentioned before track aint that close by. and itsnt worth it all.

Can I ask you were both those deaths at a specific race spot where all goes and race or was it light to light racing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
We had that too back when (not so) fast and (not so) furious first came to the theatres. The cops closed off main street and everyone was able to run what ya brung. Was pretty sad that my 00 GT was the 4th fastest car there...out of the 40 that showed up. I did beat all the cop cars though, so I guess that is a plus.
Thats dope. cops never brought their cop cars just their sport cars. Man I remember specifically one time I was talking to a cop he just finished breaking up another spot and he was like "yeah cant wait till my shift is over so I gonna bring the maro out and make some cash" thats great
Old 04-11-2005, 09:08 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Can I ask you were both those deaths at a specific race spot where all goes and race or was it light to light racing?
the two guys i saw killed were on blanco right in front of where i worked at a time. both of the guys killed were on a motorcycle. they were going over 90 mph.
the road was completely clear at the time, but a suburban pulled out in front of them and they couldn't stop. both of them were killed.

the LSS member that was killed was racing at one of the night time race spots. here's the thread for that one:

http://www.lonestarstangs.com/forum/...ghlight=simeon
Old 04-11-2005, 11:11 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

People don't see motorcycles....exspecially people in big vehicles bcuz they think they can do what they want...everybody has seen the new SUV commercial right?lol
Quote:
Old 04-11-2005, 11:13 PM   #24
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Yea so I think we know everyones view on street racing and I am pretty sure no one is going to change their mind. I play around with people whether it be on the interstate or light to light.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 09:34 AM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

I'm just glad we haven't lost anyone on this site to anything like this. It's a risk we take everytime we get in a car though. I know I've had a brush with death, I guess that's why that thread posted above gets to me so much, but damn, be careful out there guys...
Our's:
Old 04-12-2005, 10:32 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
I'm just glad we haven't lost anyone on this site to anything like this. It's a risk we take everytime we get in a car though. I know I've had a brush with death, I guess that's why that thread posted above gets to me so much, but damn, be careful out there guys...
werd :wstupid:
Old 04-12-2005, 01:02 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
99.999% of all import guys belive the v6 mustang is a high 17 second slow pos car... so thus no matter what you say they can beat you... and if they do get beat by you then you obvioulsy have a v8 and you are full of it if you tell em you have a v6 lol
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang