my 1/4 mile times - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-13-2005, 05:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,834
Angry my 1/4 mile times

i feel i can be honest with you guys so here are my suck-*** times from a couple weeks ago.

the dragstrip that i live about 5-10min from has opened back up a couple months ago. so tonight i decided to finally go. i get there about 20min early and am the first in line to race. my friend pulls on side right after me and we shoot the **** for about 15min and as we are doing this, the crew starts to burn the rubber off the track. this pisses off my friend and i dont care b/c its my first time there. so then they spray this liquid **** all on the track. well i dont guess it did what its supposed to b/c the first run i made i literally spun my tires until the 1/8 mile mark. the other three sucked *** as well but werent as bad. here are my 4 runs.

run 1: absolutely NO traction AT ALL. spun until 1/8 mile when i let off the accelerator and didnt race it b/c i already screwed it up.
r/t: .202
60': 3.044
330': 9.12
1/8: 13.912
MPH: 56.43
1000: 17.404
1/4: 20.228
MPH: 78.44

run 2: fell asleep at the light
r/t: .623
60': 2.307
330': 6.702
1/8: 10.298
MPH: 69.02
1000': 13.350
1/4: 15.980
MPH: 85.43

run 3:
r/t: .111
60': 2.323
330': 6.730
1/8: 10.331
MPH: 68.93
1000': 13.387
1/4: 16.019
MPH: 85.36

run 4:
r/t: .169
60': 2.249
330': 6.634
1/8: 10.235
MPH: 68.94
1000': 13.297
1/4: 15.937
MPH: 85.14

i know my car is much more capable than those times b/c ive raced cars that run low-mid 15s (lightly modded ls integra 5-speed, lightly modded v8 dodge dak single cab 5-speed---to name a couple) and have pulled on both of these after 60mph. i wasnt the only one with horrible times. a guy that claimed his car ran 12.5 at another track ran a best of 13.65 so, the track crew wasnt very good tonight.
enjoy and laugh at my suck-*** times, b/c thats what im doing as i post this
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-13-2005, 05:40 PM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang
i feel i can be honest with you guys so here are my suck-*** times from a couple weeks ago.

the dragstrip that i live about 5-10min from has opened back up a couple months ago. so tonight i decided to finally go. i get there about 20min early and am the first in line to race. my friend pulls on side right after me and we shoot the **** for about 15min and as we are doing this, the crew starts to burn the rubber off the track. this pisses off my friend and i dont care b/c its my first time there. so then they spray this liquid **** all on the track. well i dont guess it did what its supposed to b/c the first run i made i literally spun my tires until the 1/8 mile mark. the other three sucked *** as well but werent as bad. here are my 4 runs.

*clip times*

i know my car is much more capable than those times b/c ive raced cars that run low-mid 15s (lightly modded ls integra 5-speed, lightly modded v8 dodge dak single cab 5-speed---to name a couple) and have pulled on both of these after 60mph. i wasnt the only one with horrible times. a guy that claimed his car ran 12.5 at another track ran a best of 13.65 so, the track crew wasnt very good tonight.
enjoy and laugh at my suck-*** times, b/c thats what im doing as i post this

Um, what track is that? You aren't talking about No Problem are you? It would be nice to make it to a closer track than NPR.

And as for times...you think yours suck, mine are much worse. 13.9's in a cobra may nearly be grounds to lose my Mustang License. Although, my 60's were worse too (2.7-2.9 on average).
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 05:42 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
www.stangsuspension.com
www.rdmotorsport.com
http://www.members.aol.com/andylittleton/tma.htm
with those web sites 12's should not be a problem.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-13-2005, 05:45 PM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
12's are no problem as it sits now. I let someone take it down the track once and he hit a 12.8 with it in stock form. Granted, I could prolly hit 12s now since the pulley and such since my last visit, but that would be just as bad as others are hitting mid-upper 11s with my setup.

Once I get the drag radials on, I am going to the track. Hopefully, that will be within the next couple weeks. Hence the reason I want to know about this track...
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 05:52 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
wiarumas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,738
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
thats not bad for a v6 auto. except the 20 second run haha...

if you want to get better times might want to look into the 4.2 or a poweradder.
__________________

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:01 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
Um, what track is that? You aren't talking about No Problem are you? It would be nice to make it to a closer track than NPR.

And as for times...you think yours suck, mine are much worse. 13.9's in a cobra may nearly be grounds to lose my Mustang License. Although, my 60's were worse too (2.7-2.9 on average).
no, the track i am talking about is state capital dragway. depending on where you live in baton rouge, it is probably going to be closer than npr.

directions to state capital in case you are interested:
i-10 west towards lafayette
cross over new bridge
about a mile after getting off the bridge, you will see the lobdell exit (hwy 415), take it
follow 415 till it meets hwy 190 (airline)
follow that for about 15 minutes, it will be on the right hand side
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:04 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
12's are no problem as it sits now. I let someone take it down the track once and he hit a 12.8 with it in stock form. Granted, I could prolly hit 12s now since the pulley and such since my last visit, but that would be just as bad as others are hitting mid-upper 11s with my setup.

Once I get the drag radials on, I am going to the track. Hopefully, that will be within the next couple weeks. Hence the reason I want to know about this track...
i was talking to the guy with the v6
but with you to hit twelves all i have to say is learn to push the gas man.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:07 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
timpryor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 676
those are pretty good times for an auto v6
__________________
"The LORD shall judge the people:judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me." PSALM 7:8

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:08 PM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang
no, the track i am talking about is state capital dragway. depending on where you live in baton rouge, it is probably going to be closer than npr.

directions to state capital in case you are interested:
i-10 west towards lafayette
cross over new bridge
about a mile after getting off the bridge, you will see the lobdell exit (hwy 415), take it
follow 415 till it meets hwy 190 (airline)
follow that for about 15 minutes, it will be on the right hand side
I work on the corner of lobdell and florida. I live over by oneal in Shenendoah subdivision. Sounds like this is much closer than NPR.

So, this is basically off of airline...although isn't airline 61...but I think they meet at one point and run together. Could be wrong, only been here a year.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:10 PM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
i was talking to the guy with the v6
but with you to hit twelves all i have to say is learn to push the gas man.

I was, that was the whole problem. lol Tires couldn't keep up.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:15 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
I work on the corner of lobdell and florida. I live over by oneal in Shenendoah subdivision. Sounds like this is much closer than NPR.

So, this is basically off of airline...although isn't airline 61...but I think they meet at one point and run together. Could be wrong, only been here a year.
wait a minute, does your cobra have a personalized liscense plate that says something like "pure venom", if so, i think i have seen you around town.

lobdell and florida, i know where that is, isnt there a ford dealership close to there?

i think 61 is florida and 190 is airline, not 100% sure though. but yeah it is off airline, just outta baton rouge. i will probably go back out there again since they run every friday given good conditions but probably to watch or something.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 08:01 PM   #12
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang
wait a minute, does your cobra have a personalized liscense plate that says something like "pure venom", if so, i think i have seen you around town.

lobdell and florida, i know where that is, isnt there a ford dealership close to there?

i think 61 is florida and 190 is airline, not 100% sure though. but yeah it is off airline, just outta baton rouge. i will probably go back out there again since they run every friday given good conditions but probably to watch or something.
That would be me. The NY plate that say PUREVENM. And yeah, there is Hollingsworth Richards Ford just off that corner.

As for the numbers, Airline is 61, Florida is 190, and I believe they merge together or something because up 110 there is a 190/61 exit.

Either way, now that I know where this track is, I am definitely going to get out there once i get the drag radials. Might cruise out there with you some night.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 08:38 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
That would be me. The NY plate that say PUREVENM. And yeah, there is Hollingsworth Richards Ford just off that corner.

As for the numbers, Airline is 61, Florida is 190, and I believe they merge together or something because up 110 there is a 190/61 exit.

Either way, now that I know where this track is, I am definitely going to get out there once i get the drag radials. Might cruise out there with you some night.
wow, small world.
my friend juston bought his 04 from hollingsworth and said he saw you at the light as he was leaving the dealership. he told me you had a liscene plate like that.

that is what made me ask b/c i saw it one day while making a delivery.

on friday nights state capital has time trials starting at 5pm followed by elimination rounds which usually begin at 8. on a night where there is not too many people, you might get 4 time trials in. b/c they run street cars, pro stock, racing bikes, 4 wheelers.

but yeah, whenever you want to go, let me know and if i aint doin nothing, i'll meet up and we can cruise out there.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:17 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
slvr2000stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,160
Your 60' times are hurting you.
The last run had the sest one 2.2x and not a bad ET.
Also weather conditions are a huge factor in what you will run.
__________________
Custom Delk motor now DOA
2003 SVT Lightning #1059 of 4270
2000 Vert 4R70W
Only buy from vendors that test and stand behind their products
slvr2000stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:23 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Ok stock Auto 99+ run pretty much 10.3 to 11.0 in the 1/8. I have run several and never seen any of them break 10.1 ever. My best run last fall was 9.89 and I had severe traction problems and I still did not have my BV heads on and I had a bent pushrod and a melted Injector tip on one cylinder.

Also your dynojet numbers seem pretty high for just a couple of bolt-ons.
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:28 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Your 60' times are hurting you.
The last run had the sest one 2.2x and not a bad ET.
Also weather conditions are a huge factor in what you will run.
i know. those 60' were on brand new tires that needed to lose a little air pressure to race in the 1/4. also had the spare and jack in the back, quarter tank of gas and when i went to take off i stalled the car up to about 1500 but couldnt jump on it as hard as i wanted to b/c i would just spin and never hook up. so i would have to go about 3/4 throttle and when i got to where i wouldnt spin, then i would mash it. so i didnt mash it till probably the 60' or a little before. weather conditions were mid-low 50s and cool breeze.

i realize what happens on the street and the track are different but cars that can pull low 15s were door to door with me on the street and i cant see why i couldnt even get mid 15s.

oh well, next time i will be more prepared and hopefully run under better conditions.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:31 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
slvr2000stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,160
A good friend of mine with a 2000 5spd with bolt-ons made 180 rwhp on a dynojet, not sure of the torque number.
__________________
Custom Delk motor now DOA
2003 SVT Lightning #1059 of 4270
2000 Vert 4R70W
Only buy from vendors that test and stand behind their products
slvr2000stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:38 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Also your dynojet numbers seem pretty high for just a couple of bolt-ons.
that was before the SAE correction. with the correction it was 176rwhp and 216rwtq. i put down 183/224 on my second pull, and it was my best one.

here are the dyno sheets:

what i actually put down on one of my pulls:


SAE correction
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:40 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Do you see the Irony when you say a Dynojet!!!!
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:44 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MonteCitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: California
Posts: 2,506
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
improving that 60' on that last run woulda helped you maybe 3-4 tenths..
__________________
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:44 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Do you see the Irony when you say a Dynojet!!!!

not really. could you explain?
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:45 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang
that was before the SAE correction. with the correction it was 176rwhp and 216rwtq. i put down 183/224 on my second pull, and it was my best one.

here are the dyno sheets:

what i actually put down on one of my pulls:


SAE correction
I am not questioning you I am questioning the Dynojet Dyno. I have been to quite a few dyno's and have been to quite a few Dynos that were not calibrated and certified. 2 years ago I had Rick bring his GT down to Greenville to dyno at a place in Greer SC and 2 weeks later at a dyno in NC with no changes in mods and gained like 12 HP. The fact is I see this all the time.
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:00 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
I am not questioning you I am questioning the Dynojet Dyno. I have been to quite a few dyno's and have been to quite a few Dynos that were not calibrated and certified. 2 years ago I had Rick bring his GT down to Greenville to dyno at a place in Greer SC and 2 weeks later at a dyno in NC with no changes in mods and gained like 12 HP. The fact is I see this all the time.
i honestly dont know. thunder racing dynoed my car and they do alot of dynoes. as a matter of fact, they sponsored a car show this weekend at hooters and i think they were doing free dynoes at their shop. i know this really doesnt matter in regards to the dyno machine being off but seeing as that they dyno quite a good bit of cars, i think that if it were off, they might have already recalibrated it.
they dynoed a 96 v6 auto w/ intake, pulleys, exhaust, chip, gears, and shift kit and got 125rwhp. dont know if that helps you in determining if the dyno is off or not.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:06 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
slvr2000stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,160
Try launching off idle, that's what I usually do.
__________________
Custom Delk motor now DOA
2003 SVT Lightning #1059 of 4270
2000 Vert 4R70W
Only buy from vendors that test and stand behind their products
slvr2000stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:08 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Actually that 125 is a number for a Manual. Bone stock auto 96-98's dyno around 96-105 and with pulley, CAI, chip and exhaust 112 to 118 is about right

Remember on a stock V6

CAI is about 0-3 Hp
Pulleys about 5 Hp
Exhaust about 0-2 HP
Depending on the chip Chip 0-10 hp max Most mail order chips other than SCT or Fordchip are worthless for HP
Gears 0 Hp
Shift kit 0 Hp
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:17 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Actually that 125 is a number for a Manual. Bone stock auto 96-98's dyno around 96-105 and with pulley, CAI, chip and exhaust 112 to 118 is about right

Remember on a stock V6

CAI is about 0-3 Hp
Pulleys about 5 Hp
Exhaust about 0-2 HP
Depending on the chip Chip 0-10 hp max Most mail order chips other than SCT or Fordchip are worthless for HP
Gears 0 Hp
Shift kit 0 Hp
okay, well given these numbers, do you think that the dyno machine was off any?
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:23 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang
okay, well given these numbers, do you think that the dyno machine was off any?
It is possible but they could be right. I would not worry about that right now it is your baseline. If you ever get a chance go to a Mustang Dyno and see what you get. They are a true real world 1 to 1 dyno. Typically they are almost 10 % lower numbers than a dynojet. But for the sake of getting your car right stay with the same dyno because they can all be different.
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:24 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
If you want to do something that will make the biggest butt dyno impact, get gears, t-lok, and a chip. Your butt will thank you.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:28 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
It is possible but they could be right. I would not worry about that right now it is your baseline. If you ever get a chance go to a Mustang Dyno and see what you get. They are a true real world 1 to 1 dyno. Typically they are almost 10 % lower numbers than a dynojet. But for the sake of getting your car right stay with the same dyno because they can all be different.
cool, i'm gonna dyno it after i get the chip and a tune and see how much hp i get out of that.
i wish i would have done a dyno on it stock so i could see how much i gained
w/ what i have now.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 09:51 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 595
Send a message via AIM to tedness
Re: my 1/4 mile times

a 2.2 60' and still a high 15?

if i can pull that 60' instead of my 2.45 i will be running mid 15's easily. that is odd.
__________________
tedness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:18 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,834
Re: my 1/4 mile times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedness
a 2.2 60' and still a high 15?

if i can pull that 60' instead of my 2.45 i will be running mid 15's easily. that is odd.

yeah, you should be in the mid 15s as it sits now.......that was my 1/4 time before the programmer...........after the programmer i still cut 15.9s but on a 2.6 60' .......and it broke loose for a good second on the 1-2 shift, which doesnt really help either
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 09:03 AM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 529
Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
Re: my 1/4 mile times

Pick up a limited slip differential and a power adder and have fun with it
__________________


"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:31 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,834
Re: my 1/4 mile times

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipster24
Pick up a limited slip differential and a power adder and have fun with it


pick up the money need for this and paypal it to me
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 04:22 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: my 1/4 mile times

your 60ft on the best runs are as good as it gets with an auto, sure maybe 2.2s but dont expect any more than that. That beign said you ran exactly what you are supposed to. You are stock correct, or close to it? You may can squeeze out a couple more tenths, but... you are exactly where you need to be.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 04:23 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: my 1/4 mile times

no dyno is 100 percent accurate they all are off by a bit... its just the way it is. Use them as a baseline to determine overall gains, sure they are close but they wont be 100% accurate.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
in a nut shell what 1/4 mile times could I expect ? allabouttheford 1996-2004 Mustang GT 9 10-15-2009 01:19 AM
Mile High? Sexylil66 The Bar 35 10-18-2006 01:54 PM
New 1/4 Mile times for V6 PH Turbo @ 8.5lbs of boost Rygen Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 4 06-21-2006 04:28 PM
Website with 1/4 mile times Exit_In_Red Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 4 01-15-2005 03:05 PM
Wareshoals 1/8 mile? 97Stallion The Bar 11 09-23-2004 11:57 AM

» Members Mustangs

skully

skully

Pepsi

jasha663
Add your Mustang
» Like Us On Facebook



07:28 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.