Mustang Evolution Forum banner

my 1/4 mile times

5K views 36 replies 12 participants last post by  tedness 
#1 ·
i feel i can be honest with you guys so here are my suck-ass times from a couple weeks ago.

the dragstrip that i live about 5-10min from has opened back up a couple months ago. so tonight i decided to finally go. i get there about 20min early and am the first in line to race. my friend pulls on side right after me and we shoot the **** for about 15min and as we are doing this, the crew starts to burn the rubber off the track. this pisses off my friend and i dont care b/c its my first time there. so then they spray this liquid **** all on the track. well i dont guess it did what its supposed to b/c the first run i made i literally spun my tires until the 1/8 mile mark. the other three sucked ass as well but werent as bad. here are my 4 runs.

run 1: absolutely NO traction AT ALL. spun until 1/8 mile when i let off the accelerator and didnt race it b/c i already screwed it up.
r/t: .202
60': 3.044
330': 9.12
1/8: 13.912
MPH: 56.43
1000: 17.404
1/4: 20.228
MPH: 78.44

run 2: fell asleep at the light
r/t: .623
60': 2.307
330': 6.702
1/8: 10.298
MPH: 69.02
1000': 13.350
1/4: 15.980
MPH: 85.43

run 3:
r/t: .111
60': 2.323
330': 6.730
1/8: 10.331
MPH: 68.93
1000': 13.387
1/4: 16.019
MPH: 85.36

run 4:
r/t: .169
60': 2.249
330': 6.634
1/8: 10.235
MPH: 68.94
1000': 13.297
1/4: 15.937
MPH: 85.14

i know my car is much more capable than those times b/c ive raced cars that run low-mid 15s (lightly modded ls integra 5-speed, lightly modded v8 dodge dak single cab 5-speed---to name a couple) and have pulled on both of these after 60mph. i wasnt the only one with horrible times. a guy that claimed his car ran 12.5 at another track ran a best of 13.65 so, the track crew wasnt very good tonight.
enjoy and laugh at my suck-ass times, b/c thats what im doing as i post this

See less See more
#2 ·
04stang said:
i feel i can be honest with you guys so here are my suck-ass times from a couple weeks ago.

the dragstrip that i live about 5-10min from has opened back up a couple months ago. so tonight i decided to finally go. i get there about 20min early and am the first in line to race. my friend pulls on side right after me and we shoot the **** for about 15min and as we are doing this, the crew starts to burn the rubber off the track. this pisses off my friend and i dont care b/c its my first time there. so then they spray this liquid **** all on the track. well i dont guess it did what its supposed to b/c the first run i made i literally spun my tires until the 1/8 mile mark. the other three sucked ass as well but werent as bad. here are my 4 runs.

*clip times*

i know my car is much more capable than those times b/c ive raced cars that run low-mid 15s (lightly modded ls integra 5-speed, lightly modded v8 dodge dak single cab 5-speed---to name a couple) and have pulled on both of these after 60mph. i wasnt the only one with horrible times. a guy that claimed his car ran 12.5 at another track ran a best of 13.65 so, the track crew wasnt very good tonight.
enjoy and laugh at my suck-ass times, b/c thats what im doing as i post this

Um, what track is that? You aren't talking about No Problem are you? It would be nice to make it to a closer track than NPR.

And as for times...you think yours suck, mine are much worse. 13.9's in a cobra may nearly be grounds to lose my Mustang License. Although, my 60's were worse too (2.7-2.9 on average).

#4 ·
232stang said:
12's are no problem as it sits now. I let someone take it down the track once and he hit a 12.8 with it in stock form. Granted, I could prolly hit 12s now since the pulley and such since my last visit, but that would be just as bad as others are hitting mid-upper 11s with my setup.

Once I get the drag radials on, I am going to the track. Hopefully, that will be within the next couple weeks. Hence the reason I want to know about this track...

#6 ·
Smurfin said:
Um, what track is that? You aren't talking about No Problem are you? It would be nice to make it to a closer track than NPR.

And as for times...you think yours suck, mine are much worse. 13.9's in a cobra may nearly be grounds to lose my Mustang License. Although, my 60's were worse too (2.7-2.9 on average).
no, the track i am talking about is state capital dragway. depending on where you live in baton rouge, it is probably going to be closer than npr.

directions to state capital in case you are interested:
i-10 west towards lafayette
cross over new bridge
about a mile after getting off the bridge, you will see the lobdell exit (hwy 415), take it
follow 415 till it meets hwy 190 (airline)
follow that for about 15 minutes, it will be on the right hand side

#7 ·
Smurfin said:
12's are no problem as it sits now. I let someone take it down the track once and he hit a 12.8 with it in stock form. Granted, I could prolly hit 12s now since the pulley and such since my last visit, but that would be just as bad as others are hitting mid-upper 11s with my setup.

Once I get the drag radials on, I am going to the track. Hopefully, that will be within the next couple weeks. Hence the reason I want to know about this track...
i was talking to the guy with the v6 :lol:
but with you to hit twelves all i have to say is learn to push the gas man. :D

#9 ·
04stang said:
no, the track i am talking about is state capital dragway. depending on where you live in baton rouge, it is probably going to be closer than npr.

directions to state capital in case you are interested:
i-10 west towards lafayette
cross over new bridge
about a mile after getting off the bridge, you will see the lobdell exit (hwy 415), take it
follow 415 till it meets hwy 190 (airline)
follow that for about 15 minutes, it will be on the right hand side
I work on the corner of lobdell and florida. I live over by oneal in Shenendoah subdivision. Sounds like this is much closer than NPR.

So, this is basically off of airline...although isn't airline 61...but I think they meet at one point and run together. Could be wrong, only been here a year.

#11 ·
Smurfin said:
I work on the corner of lobdell and florida. I live over by oneal in Shenendoah subdivision. Sounds like this is much closer than NPR.

So, this is basically off of airline...although isn't airline 61...but I think they meet at one point and run together. Could be wrong, only been here a year.
wait a minute, does your cobra have a personalized liscense plate that says something like "pure venom", if so, i think i have seen you around town.

lobdell and florida, i know where that is, isnt there a ford dealership close to there?

i think 61 is florida and 190 is airline, not 100% sure though. but yeah it is off airline, just outta baton rouge. i will probably go back out there again since they run every friday given good conditions but probably to watch or something.

#12 ·
04stang said:
wait a minute, does your cobra have a personalized liscense plate that says something like "pure venom", if so, i think i have seen you around town.

lobdell and florida, i know where that is, isnt there a ford dealership close to there?

i think 61 is florida and 190 is airline, not 100% sure though. but yeah it is off airline, just outta baton rouge. i will probably go back out there again since they run every friday given good conditions but probably to watch or something.
That would be me. The NY plate that say PUREVENM. And yeah, there is Hollingsworth Richards Ford just off that corner.

As for the numbers, Airline is 61, Florida is 190, and I believe they merge together or something because up 110 there is a 190/61 exit.

Either way, now that I know where this track is, I am definitely going to get out there once i get the drag radials. Might cruise out there with you some night.

#13 ·
Smurfin said:
That would be me. The NY plate that say PUREVENM. And yeah, there is Hollingsworth Richards Ford just off that corner.

As for the numbers, Airline is 61, Florida is 190, and I believe they merge together or something because up 110 there is a 190/61 exit.

Either way, now that I know where this track is, I am definitely going to get out there once i get the drag radials. Might cruise out there with you some night.
wow, small world.
my friend juston bought his 04 from hollingsworth and said he saw you at the light as he was leaving the dealership. he told me you had a liscene plate like that.

that is what made me ask b/c i saw it one day while making a delivery.

on friday nights state capital has time trials starting at 5pm followed by elimination rounds which usually begin at 8. on a night where there is not too many people, you might get 4 time trials in. b/c they run street cars, pro stock, racing bikes, 4 wheelers.

but yeah, whenever you want to go, let me know and if i aint doin nothing, i'll meet up and we can cruise out there. :good:

#15 · (Edited)
Ok stock Auto 99+ run pretty much 10.3 to 11.0 in the 1/8. I have run several and never seen any of them break 10.1 ever. My best run last fall was 9.89 and I had severe traction problems and I still did not have my BV heads on and I had a bent pushrod and a melted Injector tip on one cylinder.

Also your dynojet numbers seem pretty high for just a couple of bolt-ons.

#16 ·
slvr2000stang said:
Your 60' times are hurting you.
The last run had the sest one 2.2x and not a bad ET.
Also weather conditions are a huge factor in what you will run.
i know. those 60' were on brand new tires that needed to lose a little air pressure to race in the 1/4. also had the spare and jack in the back, quarter tank of gas and when i went to take off i stalled the car up to about 1500 but couldnt jump on it as hard as i wanted to b/c i would just spin and never hook up. so i would have to go about 3/4 throttle and when i got to where i wouldnt spin, then i would mash it. so i didnt mash it till probably the 60' or a little before. weather conditions were mid-low 50s and cool breeze.

i realize what happens on the street and the track are different but cars that can pull low 15s were door to door with me on the street and i cant see why i couldnt even get mid 15s.

oh well, next time i will be more prepared and hopefully run under better conditions.

#18 ·
Danger Dude said:
Also your dynojet numbers seem pretty high for just a couple of bolt-ons.
that was before the SAE correction. with the correction it was 176rwhp and 216rwtq. i put down 183/224 on my second pull, and it was my best one.

here are the dyno sheets:

what i actually put down on one of my pulls:

SAE correction

#22 ·
04stang said:
that was before the SAE correction. with the correction it was 176rwhp and 216rwtq. i put down 183/224 on my second pull, and it was my best one.

here are the dyno sheets:

what i actually put down on one of my pulls:

SAE correction
I am not questioning you I am questioning the Dynojet Dyno. I have been to quite a few dyno's and have been to quite a few Dynos that were not calibrated and certified. 2 years ago I had Rick bring his GT down to Greenville to dyno at a place in Greer SC and 2 weeks later at a dyno in NC with no changes in mods and gained like 12 HP. The fact is I see this all the time.

#23 ·
Danger Dude said:
I am not questioning you I am questioning the Dynojet Dyno. I have been to quite a few dyno's and have been to quite a few Dynos that were not calibrated and certified. 2 years ago I had Rick bring his GT down to Greenville to dyno at a place in Greer SC and 2 weeks later at a dyno in NC with no changes in mods and gained like 12 HP. The fact is I see this all the time.
i honestly dont know. thunder racing dynoed my car and they do alot of dynoes. as a matter of fact, they sponsored a car show this weekend at hooters and i think they were doing free dynoes at their shop. i know this really doesnt matter in regards to the dyno machine being off but seeing as that they dyno quite a good bit of cars, i think that if it were off, they might have already recalibrated it.
they dynoed a 96 v6 auto w/ intake, pulleys, exhaust, chip, gears, and shift kit and got 125rwhp. dont know if that helps you in determining if the dyno is off or not.

#25 · (Edited)
Actually that 125 is a number for a Manual. Bone stock auto 96-98's dyno around 96-105 and with pulley, CAI, chip and exhaust 112 to 118 is about right

Remember on a stock V6

CAI is about 0-3 Hp
Pulleys about 5 Hp
Exhaust about 0-2 HP
Depending on the chip Chip 0-10 hp max Most mail order chips other than SCT or Fordchip are worthless for HP
Gears 0 Hp
Shift kit 0 Hp

#26 ·
Danger Dude said:
Actually that 125 is a number for a Manual. Bone stock auto 96-98's dyno around 96-105 and with pulley, CAI, chip and exhaust 112 to 118 is about right

Remember on a stock V6

CAI is about 0-3 Hp
Pulleys about 5 Hp
Exhaust about 0-2 HP
Depending on the chip Chip 0-10 hp max Most mail order chips other than SCT or Fordchip are worthless for HP
Gears 0 Hp
Shift kit 0 Hp
okay, well given these numbers, do you think that the dyno machine was off any?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.