Mainly for Corey but anyone else that has input.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-18-2005, 02:47 PM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Mainly for Corey but anyone else that has input....

Would it be cheaper to buy a interceptor transmission like you have corey or rebuild the current one in my car with beefier parts?

What stall is your convertor? What are the parts that I will need to replace? I think the 4R70W has a taller first gear than the AODE correct?

My auto will be my weakest link when i put the motor in and will be looking at beefing that up next.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2005, 04:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Personally I went to a local trans shop and had them beef up my current AOD I know its not the same as your trans but I feel that a good local shop can do the deal cheaper then buying a whole new trans. I know for me it was cost efficient

Thats unless you find a killer deal on one. then Id jump on that ship quick fast
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 04:41 PM   #3
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
cough cough T-5!!!
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2005, 05:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
how much is coreys tranny, because to build yours hardcore at a shop will cost close to 4000. when i used to be in the tranny shop most trannys with just oe parts were rebuilt for 1700 with labor
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 05:51 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

how could you have forgotten about me in the title?
Old 04-18-2005, 05:52 PM   #6
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
how could you have forgotten about me in the title?
Quote:
www.kleenex.com just what you need for your
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 05:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
im being an *******
nick it has come to my attention that you are being an *******. please gtfo of my forum.

c'mon man be more sensative you cant just own a man in the forum he moderates
Old 04-18-2005, 09:54 PM   #8
Regular

Quote:
how much is coreys tranny, because to build yours hardcore at a shop will cost close to 4000. when i used to be in the tranny shop most trannys with just oe parts were rebuilt for 1700 with labor
http://www.transmissioncenter.net/aode.htm

1800 dollars is a far cry from 4000.

I am not talking rebuilding it for 1000 hp 400-500 should be plenty with a 3k stall convertor

Reddit
Old 04-18-2005, 10:49 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
wow let me congradulate you on knowing some great rip off artists.

My AOD is built for 700 hp has every single piece possible to be beefed up its been done and it cost me 1300 right out the door.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:21 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang
wow let me congradulate you on knowing some great rip off artists.

My AOD is built for 700 hp has every single piece possible to be beefed up its been done and it cost me 1300 right out the door.
i made pretty good money there
but seriously if you get a ****ed up tranny to rebuild at an actual shop it will cost you about 1700. they say your aod is built for seven hundered horsepower but may i ask which parts, im sure that they didnt touch the drums. what did they change, yeah they might have put some bands for that money a nice shift kit and a torqueconverter. but what about your planetary gear set. actuallty i think the aod uses raveneaux gear set. but im sure not every part in that tranny is built for that power.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:23 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

if you say every piece possible has been replaced to cover 700 horsepower then for 1300 they didnt charge you labor and they lost money on parts.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:42 PM   #12
Regular

Quote:
It comes with a special pressure solenoid, which has higher pressure than the stock solenoid and a performance pressure regulator spring. This is the main cause of clutch failure in the AODE / 4R70W transmission. The roller clutch is removed and replaced with a heavy-duty mechanical diode with Spiral "Plus" Ring Kit. This is the weak point on the 1992-1998 AODE / 4R70W transmissions and needs to be replaced for any high performance / heavy duty use. Two extra clutches are added to the direct clutch drum, that gives 33% more holding power (Alto Red Eagle). This transmission has a high performance Fairbanks TransAction Kit and an oversize overdrive servo. The stock overdrive band is replaced with a Raybestos Pro Series Kevlar band. A new heavy-duty torque converter is included in this package deal. It has a larger than stock Luk clutch lining that is far better than the stock converter (#13). Can be ordered with stall speeds up to 2500 RPM for an extra $89.00. This transmission takes care of all the weak points in the stock AODE / 4R70W transmissions and is a must for high performance Mustangs. We install this transmission in all of our local police cars. Good for motors up to 550 horse power using pump gasoline, see chart below. Add torque converter and hard shaft upgrades if needed.

This transmission can be shipped to you anywhere for $1899.00 without a trade-in. The freight runs $100.00 to $150.00 in mos

Reddit
Old 04-18-2005, 11:44 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

i was talking to blumustang and his 1300 dollar transmission that is supposedly able to handle 700 horses. i know tyhat trans corey has will. but that one bluemustang talked about i doubt it.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:07 AM   #14
Regular

Quote:
i was talking to blumustang and his 1300 dollar transmission that is supposedly able to handle 700 horses. i know tyhat trans corey has will. but that one bluemustang talked about i doubt it.
Why not? Sounds like about the same price considering the one I listed is 1900 without a tradein meaning they paid for the tranny and then rebuilt it.....

Reddit
Old 04-19-2005, 12:11 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Why not? Sounds like about the same price considering the one I listed is 1900 without a tradein meaning they paid for the tranny and then rebuilt it.....
because for 1300 not EVERY part will be replaced like he says.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:14 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

im not doubting it was rebuilt for 1300 but for that im sure as hell not every part was replaced,
Old 04-19-2005, 12:15 AM   #17
Regular

Quote:
Ok got ya

Reddit
Old 04-19-2005, 12:20 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

the bands and clutches might have been beefed up but as far as the raveneaux gear set im sure it was not touched. they gave him a shift kit. i also bet the input and output shaft were not touched
Old 04-19-2005, 12:30 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

stalls cause a whole lot of heat.. i would recomend if its not for strip get a manual
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 12:31 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

or just a shift kit it will extend the life of your tranny believe it or not
Old 04-19-2005, 12:33 AM   #21
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd10
If anything it will lessen it due to higher pressure

Reddit
Old 04-19-2005, 12:47 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
please explain this
Old 04-19-2005, 06:50 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
how confident are you on that. Believe me when I tell you EVERY single piece was replaced. My trans didnt get magically put together in a day Ill tell you that much

It also helps that I deliver parts to them everyday. But still dont be mad cause I actually got a deal on something that seems that your peoples on that end of the country like ripping people off :yup:

BTW the trans shop that built mine builds racing trans all th etime and have anem for themselves so why would a shop I deliver to and has a rep in the area just lie about what they are giving me Hater
Old 04-19-2005, 07:26 AM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Actually I paid 1300 installed for my interceptor because my Tranny guy bought the Interceptor wholesale and installed it. I also think they are more expensive now because I had mine installed in 02 or early 03
Old 04-19-2005, 07:29 AM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
how confident are you on that. Believe me when I tell you EVERY single piece was replaced. My trans didnt get magically put together in a day Ill tell you that much

It also helps that I deliver parts to them everyday. But still dont be mad cause I actually got a deal on something that seems that your peoples on that end of the country like ripping people off :yup:

BTW the trans shop that built mine builds racing trans all th etime and have anem for themselves so why would a shop I deliver to and has a rep in the area just lie about what they are giving me Hater
Actually the Interceptor tranny can be had in kit form. It is very easy for a tranny shop to upgrade a auto for high HP
Old 04-19-2005, 08:07 AM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
Quote:
stalls cause a whole lot of heat.. i would recomend if its not for strip get a manual
that's what tranny coolers are for
Old 04-19-2005, 10:11 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

im very sure not every part was replaced, so your telling me that you all the parts, then you gave it to them to install all that and then with the install of all that and the parts it was 1300? i dont believe that. did you replace the raveneaux gear set? did you use all new parts?
Old 04-19-2005, 10:13 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

i worked for a professional shop, we were not just a bunch of shade tree mechanics like might have been the ones you went to, if you got it that cheap. and i still dont think EVERY part was replaced and installed for 1300 bucks.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:18 AM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
i worked for a professional shop, we were not just a bunch of shade tree mechanics like might have been the ones you went to, if you got it that cheap. and i still dont think EVERY part was replaced and installed for 1300 bucks.
Actually Steve I will disagree with you on this one. A complete rebuild performance kit with intermediate shaft and Torque converter can be bought for around $1,000
Old 04-19-2005, 12:02 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

shift kits extend the life do to lack of heat. factory would install this but grandma and grandpa would not like there head thrown back on shifts, and although tranny coolers are nice and very much worth the money you are still getting way more heat on the tranny than it need and much much more than stock.heat from a trq conv. that is slipping (stall) is not going to be cooled at 1st gear launch it will be cooled after the launch and at a quicker pace with a cooler, but none the less after the launch
Old 04-19-2005, 01:24 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
im very sure not every part was replaced, so your telling me that you all the parts, then you gave it to them to install all that and then with the install of all that and the parts it was 1300? i dont believe that. did you replace the raveneaux gear set? did you use all new parts?
I didnt buy the parts I told the trans shop what exactly I wanted to get accomplished I told them straight up what I wanted out of this trans. They then in return told me they will replace all the parts to the trans to hold 700 hp like I wanted cause I dont plan on going any further then that in this car.,

They told me straight up 1300 out the door as long as I didnt mind them basically taking their time on it. So whether not U believe it thats what I got. And again like I said before this place isnt some regular ol shop its a place that has a great rep for building trans for alot of drag strip cars.

Just take it as all places dont go charging an arm and leg to all people.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:42 PM   #32
Regular

Alright.....
back to my question....

Where can I just buy the parts and then have someone rebuild my current tranny?

Reddit
Old 04-19-2005, 01:51 PM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Alright.....
back to my question....

Where can I just buy the parts and then have someone rebuild my current tranny?
just go to http://www.transmissioncenter.net/ao...rmance%20Parts. You can order everything there
Old 04-19-2005, 02:08 PM   #34
Regular

#K19. Fits Ford AODE transmissions, 1992 up. You get the #5-AODE Alto Red Eagle master rebuild kit for AODE transmissions. It comes with all Red Eagle clutches and Kolene steels, high performance direct RedEagle PowerPack, the #8 AODE / 4R70W Fairbanks high performance TransAction kit. This TransAction kit includes a newly designed OD servo piston and a no leak performance design 2-3 accumulator piston. Includes steel boost valve and sleeve to replace worn OEM valve. This is the same kit we use in the Interceptor transmissions. Both for $395.00. SAVE $44.00 HERE !, 10.0% OFF

Is this what I need?

Reddit
Old 04-19-2005, 02:11 PM   #35
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
#K19. Fits Ford AODE transmissions, 1992 up. You get the #5-AODE Alto Red Eagle master rebuild kit for AODE transmissions. It comes with all Red Eagle clutches and Kolene steels, high performance direct RedEagle PowerPack, the #8 AODE / 4R70W Fairbanks high performance TransAction kit. This TransAction kit includes a newly designed OD servo piston and a no leak performance design 2-3 accumulator piston. Includes steel boost valve and sleeve to replace worn OEM valve. This is the same kit we use in the Interceptor transmissions. Both for $395.00. SAVE $44.00 HERE !, 10.0% OFF

Is this what I need?

You will still need a Torque Converter

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang