INSTALL$ - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-06-2003, 10:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

$SPRING INSTALL$

Anybody in the DFW area wanna install my springs 4 $75 bucks? Dont have the time or tools to install them (or the know-how either )
ERICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2003, 11:07 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
when do you want them in? do you have new springs isolators and shorter endlinks? i will be east dallas in a week or so and could do them on a weekend.

there is this guy that tries to work on other peoples cars on the board here but keeps braeaking things and not finishing the installs. yeah i think his name is "monkey" or somthing
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 11:11 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

ill be in dallas from this sunday til thursday, and then from the following sunday to the that saturday.

so i can help you if you want. let me know when youre free, and let me know if you want me to bring my tools
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2003, 12:52 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I'll probably get them in about 10 days. Dont have isolators or shorter endlinks(what the hell are those). I'll let yall know when I get them and hopefully one of you is still available, just dont break nothing Monkey!
ERICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 06:37 AM   #5
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6PowerStang
when do you want them in? do you have new springs isolators and shorter endlinks? i will be east dallas in a week or so and could do them on a weekend.

there is this guy that tries to work on other peoples cars on the board here but keeps braeaking things and not finishing the installs. yeah i think his name is "monkey" or somthing
:

I've never heard anything negative about Brandon's work..
Old 08-07-2003, 07:54 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to el cheapo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6PowerStang

:

I've never heard anything negative about Brandon's work..

the fine art of scarcasim is lost on some people.
Old 08-07-2003, 08:28 AM   #7
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Hampshire
It is because he left out his smiley!!!!! I thought it was maybe sarcasm.. but wasn't sure.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:52 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
shorter end links help your front sway bar work better when you lower your car. I put them on my GT, ordered them off the internet, I recently noticed the Auto Zone Stores have them in stock, unreal, they actually seem to have some good useful items in those places now, they were Energy Suspension too which is as good as you can get I believe. Your car should already have spring isolators on it, thing is sometimes they are stuck so well on your stock springs they might not come off, also they are rubber, the aftermarket ones are better. I got used front Steeda springs and they had stock rubber isolators stuck on them so good ( I swear I think they are glued) I couldnt' get them off to use my new ones. LOL.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 12:27 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

haha like rick said, theyre better, but not necessary. ive always reused the stock isolators whenever i did springs for someone. and endlinks are good, but for C springs its not really needed IMO. the drop isnt that significant.

oh, and i was talking to austin online last night when he decided to mess w/ me. hes just playing around. my work is fine
Old 08-07-2003, 12:41 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
good call el cheapo.

i thought that was REALLY funny last night, but i was also high as a mo fo. enough of me interupting a tech forum thread.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang