Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Tranny trouble on 99 ranger

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  SpectorV 
#1 ·
well in my 1999 ranger DD my Auto tranny was getting so bad that it wouldn't shift in to second unless i let off the gas and let it shift, and couldn't pass anyone if i floored it to pass it would slip and just rev up and if i went up hill the OD light started to flash. i didn't want to put any money into it its got 170,000 miles on it (its just a work truck) was going to junk it or give it away then a friend told me about TRANSX I never thought it would work but i tryed it any way after i installed it the tranny just keep getting better after three days it felt like a new tranny (this was after two fluid changes) I highly recomend TRANX

#2 ·
sounds like the 1-2 shift accumulator was sticking. Same problem with my aode in the mustang, except mine was really stuck and transX didn't work. But i've heard good things about it. Even though its kind of just a bandaid, its better than spending money on something you don't want to.

#3 ·
Yea it worked great i went and got new fluid and filter going to change it out on a day off

#4 ·
if high miles and the transmission fluid has not been changed as it should some say you should leave it as is, as the crap floating around in the fluid helps keep the bands holding~ but no real idea on that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.